• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

RUGBY 7's WORLD CUP - SAN FRANCISCO 20-22 JULY

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
NZ 29-0 France in the women's Final, Australia 24-14 USA in the Bronze Medal match. NZ women retain their World Championship, men are going to have to play outta their skins tomorrow to retain theirs.

1003514752.jpg

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
DiwpHfqU0AAbgpA.jpg:large

I guess Kurt Baker wanted to show similar generosity as Sonny Bill Williams but didn't want to part with his winner's medal. :eek:

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
NZHurld reporting that over 100K tickets were sold over the three days which is a tremendous result. Certainly from what I saw of it the stands were generally pretty full & the crowd looked to be having a great time. I think any talk of them hosting a XV's Cup is a little premature, though.

WorkingClassRugger

Michael Lynagh (62)
NZHurld reporting that over 100K tickets were sold over the three days which is a tremendous result. Certainly from what I saw of it the stands were generally pretty full & the crowd looked to be having a great time. I think any talk of them hosting a XV's Cup is a little premature, though.

According to the guys I know with hooks in the business side of the event everything has come out big on all metrics. Very successful event. Heaps of media coverage. A leap forward for the game in the US.

Status
Not open for further replies.