• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 4: Hurricanes v Waratahs, Friday 17th March

Purce

Jim Clark (26)
There are two parts of the game, attack and defence, Nadolo has always been a beast in attack, but he has to work harder in defense. he has to track back hard to give Jorg support options, chase kicks hard, keep alignment in defense etc etc
Of course there is, hence the rest of my post. His strengths and weaknesses have been well noted his whole career. No reason the coaching staff can't work into a gameplan/system to get the most out of him and have their systems working well with him on the field. He worked hard on the weekend, made multiple repeat efforts to great effect. The reality is that he is 130 kgs and can't turn and get back as quicky/easily as a 90kg winger.

Either way if they want impact from him for as long as possible then starting him is the right option. Get him through the first 40 then have a breather and tell him to go all out at the start of the 2nd half then pull him when he is out of steam. I think he is building and reckon he will get better and better each week with more game time.

Foketi is also building nicely. I've been very pleasantly surprised with his development over the past couple of years. A real talent. Also keen to see Tuipuloto at super level and against the kiwis. Hopefully his desire to play for the Wobs will keep him out of the Scots hands for a few more years till we can see what he can bring to the table.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
Damn near impossible to win with that pack. very small backrow and nothing to jump up and down about in the locks (Ha!).
If they come away with less than a 10 points loss they will have done OK. I am thinking closer to 15 points +.
Amazing if they win, it'll be one of the great 'didn't see that coming' of tahs history.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Damn near impossible to win with that pack. very small backrow and nothing to jump up and down about in the locks (Ha!).
If they come away with less than a 10 points loss they will have done OK. I am thinking closer to 15 points +.
Amazing if they win, it'll be one of the great 'didn't see that coming' of tahs history.
I take it you feeding the mocker gods mate, the Canes pack aren't all that fearsome, though going ok. I think it will be rreasonably close, and interested to see what weather like by this evening down there. I think most of wind etc was forecast for this morning and then just showers later, but not quite sure how it will be.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
There are two parts of the game, attack and defence, Nadolo has always been a beast in attack, but he has to work harder in defense. he has to track back hard to give Jorg support options, chase kicks hard, keep alignment in defense etc etc
Hes not even a beast in attack. He should have finished that try last weekend.

The Ghost of Raelene

Simon Poidevin (60)
While back 3 do have it harder with high balls/box kicks I do think the weather is an overrated aspect of the game at the professional level IMO. The fields don't turn to mud, Balls and other equipment like boots are so much better.

Unless it's truly Horrific and cyclonic winds I expect professionals to handle it just fine and the better team comes out on top.

stillmissit

Ken Catchpole (46)
While back 3 do have it harder with high balls/box kicks I do think the weather is an overrated aspect of the game at the professional level IMO. The fields don't turn to mud, Balls and other equipment like boots are so much better.

Unless it's truly Horrific and cyclonic winds I expect professionals to handle it just fine and the better team comes out on top.
I hope you're right Ghost but I have played there in the wind, our fb tried to kick out and the ball ended up behind him!!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I feel like cyclonic winds might make it a bit of a crapshoot for everyone under the high ball which somewhat levels the playing field for Jorgensen in his first game at fullback.

It's probably harder if conditions are windy but reasonable for Wellington which would give the Hurricanes back three a real advantage because they are used to those conditions.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
There's not much trust in our team here:
Screenshot_20230316_034759_Samsung Internet.jpg

90% are Kiwis by the way

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I really hope the Waratahs turn the ship around here. They have the squad to be top 6 or so and I think if they finish less than that its a pretty abject failure from DC and the boys.

Marce

John Hipwell (52)
I really hope the Waratahs turn the ship around here. They have the squad to be top 6 or so and I think if they finish less than that its a pretty abject failure from DC and the boys.
We need a super performance in at least one of the next 3 rounds. Something like the victory over Crusaders at Leichhardt oval the last season

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I feel like cyclonic winds might make it a bit of a crapshoot for everyone under the high ball which somewhat levels the playing field for Jorgensen in his first game at fullback.

It's probably harder if conditions are windy but reasonable for Wellington which would give the Hurricanes back three a real advantage because they are used to those conditions.
With Jordy B calling the shots for the Canes I don't expect there will be a lot of high balls which are liable to go anywhere in the wind. Rather I think he will be putting grubbers in behind Nadolo. How Jorgenson goes covering behind Nadolo will have a bearing on the outcome.

Derpus

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Going to the corner didn't seem too bright. The disparity in the packs already very obvious.