• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Round 2 - Force vs Reds, NIB Stadium, 2nd March @ 6:30pm (AWST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Funnily enough I found myself cheering for the Force over the Tahs on the weekend.

Why? I've always liked an underdog I suppose, but I have faith that even if the Tahs lose their first two, I'm sure they can go on to win more than they lose and be in a good spot come the end of the season.

If the Force lose their first 3 or 4 then confidence will be shot and I'm not sure they'll have a great season.

If they can take some victories and confidence early, then I think this Force 23 could ask some serious questions this season.

I'm really liking the mongrel of the pack and the balance of the backline.

So sorry Queenslanders (who am I kidding? I'm not sorry) - Carn the Force!

I understand where you're coming from.
Aside from the Reds, the next team I support this year is the Force.
It wouldn't surprise me if many other Australian rugby followers will have the Force as their No2 team.

Joe Blow

Peter Sullivan (51)
I understand where you're coming from.
Aside from the Reds, the next team I support this year is the Force.
It wouldn't surprise me if many other Australian rugby followers will have the Force as their No2 team.

Not for long it would seem..............

emuarse

Chilla Wilson (44)
Justin Bieber has altered the Super 18 schedule, in that he is having a concert at NIB stadium on monday night, requiring the game to be moved forward two days to this coming Thursday night.
That has really put the cat amongst the pidgeons, with the Force only having 5 days preparation between matches, and the Reds 6 days.
It will also throw both teams training schedules into disarray, which are normally so structured like a Formula one track team.
Does that mean the teams will be announced today?

T

TOCC

You'd assume the Reds will fly out tomorrow morning, so should announce the squad at least today

The turnaround might influence a selection or two, it might be tempting to bring in someone like Leroy.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Only change will be the Thor on the bench.

Pickle and Moore played poorly but will be there.

The bench went very well so other than Thor I cannot see any changes

Reds by 7 in a tough encounter,

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pretty ridiculous that the first Force home game is on a Thursday. Cant see it being a massive crowd.

Personally a Thursday night game works best for me to attend live.

To watch it as well. Nothing quite like a game of rugby to get you excited for the weekend.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I wonder if Andrew Ready will get a start this week

I think theres absolutely no harm in rotating players - especially early in the season. Builds depth and lets everyone know their spot is up for grabs until the very point they make it impossible for the coach to not pick them.

Give Tui a start and bring Smith off the bench. Likewise with Ready / Moore and give Houston a look in.

I wouldn't mind Perese getting a starting run either.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
1. James Slipper (C)
2. Stephen Moore
3. Sam Talakai
4. Rob Simmons
5. Kane Douglas
6. Adam Korczyk
7. George Smith
8. Scott Higginbotham
9. Nick Frisby
10. Quade Cooper
11. Eto Nabuli
12. Duncan Paia’aua
13. Samu Kerevi
14. Chris Kuridrani
15. Karmichael Hunt

16. Andrew Ready
17. Sef Fa’agase
18. Taniela Tupou
19. Izack Rodda
20. Hendrik Tui
21. James Tuttle
22. Jake McIntyre
23. Izaia Perese

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Stop hogging all the locks.

You've got: Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Rodda and Tui.

Reckon Lukhan may want to come home next year now he's rated number five in the pecking order (assuming you meant Lukhan-Tui and not Hendrik). If you meant Hendrick then that's even more reason to bring him home, he'd be much higher rated than that at the Tahs.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Reckon Lukhan may want to come home next year now he's rated number five in the pecking order (assuming you meant Lukhan-Tui and not Hendrik). If you meant Hendrick then that's even more reason to bring him home, he'd be much higher rated than that at the Tahs.

Nah we're fine with Skelton, Mumm, Hanigan, McCauley, Tolofea and Swinton.

Send him down south or out West.

Skelton, Mafi, Tui pack at the Rebels? Gives BangBros a whole new meaning.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Nah we're fine with Skelton, Mumm, Hanigan, McCauley, Tolofea and Swinton.

Send him down south or out West.

Skelton, Mafi, Tui pack at the Rebels? Gives BangBros a whole new meaning.

McCauley and Swinton do appear to have promise and I haven't seen enough to know about Tolealofa. But I reckon Lukhan-Tui would be rated number 2 tight head lock on that list.

You're right though, the lock talent is not very well spread around the franchises. The Rebels would love a bit of depth right now.

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
I'm sure they have, but hopefully the Reds have reviewed the tape of Meakes and Rona getting way up in the face of Pimone and Folau pretty effectively keeping them out of the game. Will need the full back of tricks to come out (after the forwards have made some yards) to crack the force try line.

The forwards took over against the sharks and got the initial go forward, so looking for similar tactics from the outset against these guys. The force backs defence and intensity of the forwards will be brutal if we get our timing wrong.

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)
After so many years watching Richard Graham completely reshuffle the lineup when he only needed to make a single one-for-one change, it's a bloody relief to see Stiles employ exactly the same matchday 23 except for the switch to Tupou on the bench.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I'm stoked for Adam Korczyk and Duncan Paia'aua. Others too, but really stoked to see these guys getting consistent starting games. Also pickled to see Fa'agase coming in from the bench.

loving this line up.

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Force

1. Ben Daley
  2. Heath Tessmann (C)
  3. Jermaine Ainsley
  4. Matt Philip
  5. Adam Coleman
  6. Ross Haylett-Petty
  7. Kane Koteka
  8. Brynard Stander