• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Round 12: Reds v Rebels Fri 12th 7:35PM @ Suncorp

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
10,800 and change for the attendance, would have expected better, but the Reds were really crap in the 1st half and managed to do just enough to win in the second.. That has to be one of the worst refereeing performances I've seen in a long time though...
That was a lot better then any of the rubbish Berry or Murphy have served up this year.

Rebel man

Jim Lenehan (48)
You'd have to think something like this occurred - Horwill mentioned Talakai was nominated as the (required) reserve hooker. For a player not to come onto the bench for Mafi - even if not another front rower - there must have been a reason out of their control.
If it was early enough that, how it was explained on Stan to be on the team sheet was the case then they could have made the change as the team sheet isn’t yet submitted. If he got injured and they did the fitness test after the game had started obviously they can’t

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)
He's looking the goods, and certainly best of the wingers on show tonight. But that was a god-awful non-attempt (probably won't even earn a missed tackle stat it was so poor) by Kellaway after he was turned inside out earlier by Campbell. He is not the safe last line of defence many on here claim. Better on the wing.
Agree on Kellaway definitely. Wing is where he plays his best footy although young Ryan might bolt into his spot! Gotta love a winger with pace and can beat a man with a step, swerve and jinks.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I'm sorry, you can't give out about last man defense when the team is missing a winger, what kind of BS you guys want to talk now.

Man down, they worked across the pitch and made sure Kellaway had to make a decision and he did, he had no chance.

Yoda

Charlie Fox (21)
People with an agenda Kevin. Wouldn’t worry about it.
Agenda? My only ‘agenda’ is I love watching wingers score tries that have genuine pace. Ryan has been great to watch in his few games that I have seen and I’m a Tah man.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Thought Rebels were the better team tonight. All changed with the yellow card. Rebels very hard in defence and at the ruck and played smart.

But they fatigued and Tate came on.

Thought Canham was fantastic.

Interesting how may jeers Gordon got from the crowd which surprised me. Speaking of which that’s the smallest crowd for a Reds game I’ve been to since the QR days. 2006/07. Was very flat. Hate to say it but the Rebels don’t pull a crowd. We should have played up the former player thing more. Tried to play up the rivalry.

Oh. And Flook looks permanently injured and in pain. What a tough bugger. But worry how much longer he can hang on for. Not sure what our next 13 option would be.

And when is Uru back? Is he back?

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Agenda? My only ‘agenda’ is I love watching wingers score tries that have genuine pace. Ryan has been great to watch in his few games that I have seen and I’m a Tah man.
Sorry Yoda, I wasn’t including you in that.

LeCheese

Peter Johnson (47)
Oh. And Flook looks permanently injured and in pain. What a tough bugger. But worry how much longer he can hang on for. Not sure what our next 13 option would be.
Some chat on commentary that he’s carrying an AC joint injury. Probably a few bruised ribs now too.

I assume there’d be some rotation of JOC (James O'Connor), Creighton, and Paisami through both 12 and 13 if Flook goes down.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
I'm sorry, you can't give out about last man defense when the team is missing a winger, what kind of BS you guys want to talk now.

Man down, they worked across the pitch and made sure Kellaway had to make a decision and he did, he had no chance.
Tom Wright would’ve cut him in half

duckbill

Sydney Middleton (9)
That was a lot better then any of the rubbish Berry or Murphy have served up this year.
At least they communicate. I had no idea what he was blowing for most of the time and neither did the guy working the screens at the ground. I think he was using a penalty randomiser to pick the infringements...

Josh Flook copped some hits but kept on getting up and going again. As @RugbyReg said, I hope he doesn't overdo it, he sure has plenty of heart!

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Expected (and probably still do) Reds to win, but Rebels certainly giving it their all so far.

Waiting for all the Nic White haters to start blowing up about Thomas' arm waving antics around the scrum too. That last scrum before half time was clearly a penalty against the Reds and Thomas looked like he was about to take off.
If he grows a crappy moustache I will blow up about him too.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
At least they communicate. I had no idea what he was blowing for most of the time and neither did the guy working the screens at the ground. I think he was using a penalty randomiser to pick the infringements...

Josh Flook copped some hits but kept on getting up and going again. As @RugbyReg said, I hope he doesn't overdo it, he sure has plenty of heart!
Well watching on TV, he seemed quite clear. I thought the Rebels warning was harsh, but after the warning the yellow was always coming.