• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Ritchie's 'Injuries'

Status
Not open for further replies.

suckerforred

Chilla Wilson (44)
Just wondering if there is anyone else out there thinking that perhaps Mr McCaw isn't really that injured just 'resting' for the RWC. I seriously can't remember him being out this much in a season before (putting the 2007 debarcle).

Or am I just being cynical?

T

TheNextBigThing

You are just being cynical.

Although there is a tiny modicum of truth to what your saying in that Mccaw (and Carter) are probably being VERY cautious with injuries maybe more than they would if they weren't test stars in a world cup year.

The same should go for all test incumbents one would think, although Rocky's 80 min debut for the ponies and Robinson being kept available for Saturday despite being unable to run demonstrate that there is no special dispensation for test players this side of the ditch. I'm not sure which approach is wiser.

D

daz

Well, we know what happened the last time the Kiwi coaches rested players for the RWC. Out in straight sets.

The Wobs did not rest players and went into the RWC with a fully match fit team. Out in straight sets.

I'm not sure which is the wiser approach either...!

DPK

Peter Sullivan (51)
Anybody that has seen him play live, should really be questioning why he isn't injured more often. You do'nt become the legend that he is without putting your body on the line play after play, game after game.

I'm suprised that he and Adam Thompson aren't injured more often. McCaw takes a beating generally, but something I've seen both he and Thompson do at least once per game is the sprint in clear out. (Sometimes legal, sometimes illegal; discussion for another time)

It's one of those things that changes the way you think about the game, being at a game. Watching a game on TV, I often think "Why aren't they trying to steal that ball?" and "Why aren't the forwards competing more?". Then you see a couple of those huge clear outs or big tackles with the naked eye and it changes your whole perception of contact.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
What kind of thread is this? It's pretty clear resting won't get you far. So who really cares.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Anybody that has seen him play live, should really be questioning why he isn't injured more often. You do'nt become the legend that he is without putting your body on the line play after play, game after game.

And he is no spring chicken anymore either.

Newb

Trevor Allan (34)
i'd be surprised because he's gotten so little gametime you'd think he'd want the opportunity to work into a more solid stretch of form. but if anyone can step in after a long layoff and perform it's mccaw.

(damn him) ;)

Shiggins

Simon Poidevin (60)
Nzru said richey was going to be busy with rwc duties the first half of the season. but then he got injured anyway

Go the force!!!!

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
McCaw is NOT resting before a critical game against the Blues. Not a chance. He only had two full games under his belt after the return from foot surgery, and has yet to get back into full form.

As befits a quality 7, McCaw murders everyone in the Crusader and AB beep tests and has a motor that keeps on going, and going, and going. He needs to play.

Status
Not open for further replies.