• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Rebels - 2011R05

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

TOCC

Records for the Reds:

-Biggest Winning total
-Biggest Winning margin
-Most tries in a match(tied)

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well done Reds, although I suspect Link will be a little concerned with some of the looser stuff, being the way he is! Against a better team they would have been punished more for that. But they took their chances very well, scored some very good tries.
As a mitigating factor, the Rebels were utter poo. Utter, utter rubbish in many aspects; lost a lot of ball in reasonable places, very poor option taking at key times, lineout dusty. Scrum was OK.

U

Utility Back

Agree reddy, in some ways the reds were dissapointing I just hope they don't get complacent cause no other team would given them a 3rd of the chances and let offs.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Reds pretty loose and sloppy, no doubt, but probably a good confidence-booster.

Only a cameo from Harris, but loved the straight lines he ran, will definitely be getting more game time from now on if not starting at 15.

Taps not a 13, maybe we give Will another chance next week.

Digby tried hard, just seems to have lost some pace at the moment, barely broke a tackle tonight.

Good point made earlier about Daley struggling if he missed the bind with Somerville but kept plugging away, hopefully a good learning experience for him.

Slipper will be a gun, massive potential.

Big fan of Jimmy Hanson, could soon be a starter, looks better than Fitzpatrick right now.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Harris looks like he'd be a fine fullback. Lucas offered nothing. Neither did Taps. Next week's back line should be 9. Genia, 10 Cooper 11 Diggers 12 Fainga'a 13 Chambers 14. Rocket 15. Harris

+1
Taps certainly didn't show his best there today, looked a bit off the pace a few times. I like the look of that backline you've got GC.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Reds pretty loose and sloppy, no doubt, but probably a good confidence-booster.

Good point made earlier about Daley struggling if he missed the bind with Somerville but kept plugging away, hopefully a good learning experience for him.

Slipper will be a gun, massive potential.

Unless something massive changes the Reds are going to get slaughtered against a really top scrum. Daley struggles every week, Fainga'a is a powderpuff and I still can't work out if Slipper is holding the thing together or is just over-rated. Daley cannot keep having learning experiences in Super matches - one or two a season maybe, but not every week.

tic

Herbert Moran (7)
Unless something massive changes the Reds are going to get slaughtered against a really top scrum. Daley struggles every week, Fainga'a is a powderpuff and I still can't work out if Slipper is holding the thing together or is just over-rated. Daley cannot keep having learning experiences in Super matches - one or two a season maybe, but not every week.

Wow - what a hopeless team the Reds must be (according to you). Yet they still beat the Rabble by a margin bigger than the Waratards could manage. Can't wait for the Reds to improve a bit.

vidiot

John Solomon (38)

Meh

IMO the machismo around scrums can exceed their contribution to the end result. We get so sensitive about our scrum, including the EOYT game against the poms, that we downplay other forward battles, to our cost.

Getting your ball back on your feed is vital and the Reds have been consistent enough so far. They won a series of penalties from the Brumbies scrum. The reds will be slaughtered, as they were by the Tahs, when their forwards can't stop the opposition at the advantage line and get over it themselves, and can't make an impact at the battle of the break down.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Geez how to describe that match. Perhaps, Rebels drop the soap in the prison shower, Dickinson the Guard turns a blind eye, and the Reds gleefully step up and tear them a new ar$ehole.

Rebels were truly shithouse tonight. Reds got away with plenty but controlled the match well and the record margin speaks for itself. Rebels not scoring a try would mean more if the chance wasn't created for Somerville to have his shocker. Wasn't it Quade at fault for the gap opening up in the lead up to that?

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Hate being negative but the Rebels were awful. Well done Reds for putting 50+ on the Rebels, and getting the bonus point, but don't expect anything that easy for the rest of the season.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)

Don't know about that. We are not getting reamed, and while it may not be pretty they are getting the job done - we haven't conceded any penalty tries off the scrum.

Shades of last year, with a no-name front row (whole forward pack really), where we got by, without dominating scrums, even against the big SA packs.

Reddy!

Bob Davidson (42)
They left a hell of a lot of points out there. What was with Genia's drop goal attempt, for example.

Mike Harris brought the focus back. Can't wait to see more of him.

Yeah that's exactly what I am talking about. Just having a laugh really and not taking the game seriously anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.