• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Brumbies - Rd9 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Well that is that. Ponies hang on for a 23-20 point victory.

Young Staniforth did not look out of place on debut.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Ok so do we bang on for the next week about how Genia's disallowed try was bullshit and cost us the game here or in the refereeing decisions one?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds bottled that, they kicked away all possession in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely brain dead rugby when you have ascendance.

Although, Reds will wonder what could have been with that shocking decision from Walsh letting McAffrey steal that last ball off the Reds, but if you are relying on the ref to blow (even something that blatant) that late in the game after dominating the second half, you have done something wrong.

Would just love to ask the Reds, particularly Lucas, what the fuck they were thinking?

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Great rebound in second half from the Reds, but they gave up too big a start. I thought they would snatch it there. They'll rue that first half.
Brumbies keep grinding onwards.
Wonder if Moore will get cited? I doubt it, but these days, who knows?

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Phew...........

Boy, subbing Sio and Alexander made a huge difference, obviously in the scrum with a complete 180 in scrum dominance, but they were both massive around the field........

I'd love to see the stats on Alexanders' linebreaks/linebreak assists! :eek:

T

Train Without a Station

Reds have been fucking average at the breakdown. Our resurgence was based on quick ball like the brumbies were achieving and we were riddled with either lack of support or ineffective work at the ruck. That last turn over we had 2 players there effecting nothing.

Reactions: Ash

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Reds bottled that, they kicked away all possession in the last 10 minutes. Absolutely brain dead rugby when you have ascendance.

Although, Reds will wonder what could have been with that shocking decision from Walsh letting McAffrey steal that last ball off the Reds, but if you are relying on the ref to blow (even something that blatant) that late in the game after dominating the second half, you have done something wrong.

Would just love to ask the Reds, particularly Lucas, what the fuck they were thinking?

Fair turnover, but Walsh was actually very lenient on the attacking team all game for both sides..........

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
You can't play that horrible in the first half and expect to win.

And not blaming him for the loss, but fuck Steve Walsh is shithouse, how does he keep his job every week.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Brumbies didn't rack up the points they might have when they had all the possession and then the Reds followed suit.

Good tough game.

I thought the Brumbies defense was especially good, not overly cynical and tons of big hits as well has maintaining the rage until the final siren

T

Train Without a Station

People will bang on about missing Gill but the problem was there when he was playing. It's a lack of the right attitude and technique from all 15 players that is letting us down here. On our ball we had to send the numbers in to get it back whilst the brumbies were easily setting in defence.

On their ball we were not providing much resistance across the park either.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Reds should have gone to the corner at 23-17 down. Failed to back themselves at a crucial time again. Disappointing.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Reds got much better value from their bench; nearly won them the game. As much as a few have denied it, that Brumbies bench is just not good enough right now come the pointy end of the comp. Not too sure what they can do though to fix it in that time.

Have to credit the Brumbies, some of their forwards and backs interplay in the first half was (previous era) Crusader-like. As much as the first half from the Reds was brain dead, the first half from the Brumbies was dominant, they will look book and wonder how they didn't score a couple more tries.

Surely Owen must start over Holmes next week for the Reds.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Reds have been fucking average at the breakdown. Our resurgence was based on quick ball like the brumbies were achieving and we were riddled with either lack of support or ineffective work at the ruck. That last turn over we had 2 players there effecting nothing.

I agree Train. Robinson was largely anonymous from my viewing. Thought Quirk was okay and Shatz was hit and miss.

One interesting thing was that on tonight's game you would swear A. Finger and Taps had never played together before. No cohesion at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.