• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds vs Blues Rd 4 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
The two Ioane boys are ridiculously good. Can be devastating when they're in a mood. West is also coming along in leaps and bounds. Has been great at ITM Cup level for some time and looks to be growing with confidence now on the main stage.

Hopefully the first home game sans RG will lift the boys and have them chomping at the bit to repay some of the faith that the fans have given them.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
The two Ioane boys are ridiculously good. Can be devastating when they're in a mood. West is also coming along in leaps and bounds. Has been great at ITM Cup level for some time and looks to be growing with confidence now on the main stage.

Hopefully the first home game sans RG will lift the boys and have them chomping at the bit to repay some of the faith that the fans have given them.

I'm sure the Reds will come out with more enthusiasm and a better game plan than they had under RG. But that Blues' backline looks very dangerous. I expect the centres in particular to find a few gaps in the Reds' defense, but on the other hand they've not shown a whole lot away from Eden Park for a while.

Could be close, but I think Blues will win over an improved Reds' showing.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
<snip>
And the only story in the Courier Mail today seems to focus on there being more current Reds players born in Auckland than Brisbane. Not so much any talk about what we need to do to win.
<snip>

Wouldn't you get similar results from a demographic study of the Gold Coast populations birthplaces, - more born in NZ and southern states than born in Brisbane.

T

TOCC

In terms of kiwi demographics, SEQ sits as the 4th most populace New Zealand region in the world only behind Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

There are over 200'000 kiwis in SEQ, which means 1 in 20 from SEQ were born in New Zealand.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Melchior

Herbert Moran (7)
In terms of kiwi demographics, SEQ sits as the 4th most populace New Zealand region in the world only behind Auckland, Wellington and Christchurch.

There are over 200'000 kiwis in SEQ, which means 1 in 20 from SEQ were born in New Zealand.

explains the lack of kulcha there...

Intruder

Dave Cowper (27)
This is one of those 60/40 games in which the Blues should win however the Reds style of set piece play could really hurt them.

In there loss to the Crusaders, their set piece was absolutely demolished. Numerous scrum and lineout penalties/steals. Now, the Reds have the best set piece in the competition if they can tire the pack out (e.g pushover scrums, lineout steals and mauls) they can one really drain them in this heat and two effect the fluidity of their game.

Time will tell however expect the Blues (no real surprise) to play an up tempo game quick lineouts, quick scrum options and playing the advantage on turnovers. The Reds will want to do the opposite.

Reds to knock up their first win of the year, by 3.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
That must raise the IQ of the state significantly?

When kiwis crossing the Tasman first became a political issue back in the '70's, our then-PM Muldoon quipped that kiwis moving to Oz raised the average IQ of both countries :)

EDIT: also this gem that I'd forgotten:

image.jpeg

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Ahh Rob, never has a PM seemed to care less what he said, though to be fair I think he was pissed half the time!

boyo

Mark Ella (57)

Briwis

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^^^^^ a fair % of whom appear to be Bloos supporters............

Reiko Ioane looks like he's already played ~20 Super Rugby matches, zero hint of nerves.

EDIT: nek minnit drops it cold with the line open..........

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Blues blew one there. I am both surprised that this game isn't bad at all, and that the Blues are not ahead by a lot more. The Reds defensive patterns are still shocking, particularly marking up out wide.

Reds scrum smashing the Blues in one of the few positives for the Reds.

Status
Not open for further replies.