• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Reds v Highlanders Friday 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Dunno. OUR team is "down" but not out.

Am optomistic about the boys tonight.

Genia and Horwill are playing for run-on positions in the Wallabies so expect increased performance by both. If they ever needed motivation then now is the time.

GO THE REDS

Will will be hard up against it to get on top of Aaron Smith, but Horwill just might better the Clan's second row. But your backline is going to be overrun by the likes of Ben Smith (best player going round in Super rugby atm), Osborne, Buckman (NZ's answer to the Honey Badger) and especially Fokatoa. Highlanders by quite a few I think.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Dunno. OUR team is "down" but not out.

Am optomistic about the boys tonight.

Genia and Horwill are playing for run-on positions in the Wallabies so expect increased performance by both. If they ever needed motivation then now is the time.

GO THE REDS

I would have thought with team performance this years in coming last, would be more then enough motivation for increase performance.
Reds 1st , Wallabies 2nd

I like your optimism though.
I do reckon that Lucas will a have good game.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
I still get pumped on game day. It's probably some sort of illness but I've never been any other way. Giddy up boys!

Reds by 14+

CARN YOU REDSSSS!!!!!!

It's not a illness, it's perfectly fine to feel like that,It's a good feeling...
Maybe I'm the one the with the illness for not feeling that way when I should. In Saying that, I want to apologize for being such a negative C&@T the past few months. I must have come across like Marto and I can't stand that bloke.

Reds by 7.
The one thing that they will to watch is the way the highlanders throw the ball around. They have been great keeping the ball a live and stretching the defence and scoring or making big meters. The boys will have boys will have to shut them quickly.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It's a real interesting time for Reds and Tahs fans at the moment. Traditionally bitter rivals, the Reds fans know that ultimately they will probably be cheering for the Tahs come finals time so they need to get behind them now. The Tahs fans want the Reds to do as much damage to the other contenders on the run into the finals so they can cheer the Reds on now knowing there is no risk that the Reds will make the top 6. The enemy of my enemy is my friend and all that.

But...... The elephant in the room is the final round. YEW!!! And the Reds have nothing to lose.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
The Highlanders aren't a threat - no reason to cheer for the Reds yet. In fact you'd much rather the Highlanders in the finals series than the Canes, Chiefs, Crusaders.

T

tranquility

The Highlanders aren't a threat - no reason to cheer for the Reds yet. In fact you'd much rather the Highlanders in the finals series than the Canes, Chiefs, Crusaders.

You blokes can't win it anyway, so what are you being precious about?

Carn those Red Boys !

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Traditionally bitter rivals, the Reds fans know that ultimately they will probably be cheering for the Tahs come finals time so they need to get behind them now.

Fuck that. Plenty of Tah fans backed Giteaus option to for that penalty goal in 2011 instead of touch. So I can't be phased in us doing the Tahs doing any favours.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
I think the real question is, how soon can we start the match thread for round 19?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.