• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds v Highlanders Friday 30th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Let's do a 2012. Harris for Wallabies he can play on the wing?? Seriously, goal kicking is that valuable

And in any case it would be great to see Hansen whinge about it again.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
So fkn retarded. Nasi Manu did not even stick his head in the scrum, both flankers just holding on when the shove comes on. 8 v 5. Like the Reds are that dangerous that every single loosie has to detach.

I bet the Highlanders could push over that scrum with 8.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Another Sopoaga error leads to a try, undoing his earlier makeup effort.

Reds starting to get over the ad line, don't like Genia kicking those away.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
So fkn retarded. Nasi Manu did not even stick his head in the scrum, both flankers just holding on when the shove comes on. 8 v 5. Like the Reds are that dangerous that every single loosie has to detach.

I bet the Highlanders could push over that scrum with 8.

Slipper's not a bad loosehead, but Holmes is, by any means, not a good scrummaging tighthead. If Holmes just drove through your loosehead, that's really not good.

T

Train Without a Station

Is graham fucking retarded. Browning and Beau have been great with Schatz so he takes Beau off?

I noticed they interviewed Graham at half time. Is that because they've banned him from the sheds?

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
That was lucky/unlucky depending on who you're going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Is this Genia's way of answering his critics? "Give me a strong forward pack to work behind and I'll work magic".

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Sopoaga hooked after kicking a sideline conversion, Parker on.

Shipperley doing his best Mick Hancock impression.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Let's do a 2012. Harris for Wallabies he can play on the wing?? Seriously, goal kicking is that valuable

And in any case it would be great to see Hansen whinge about it again.

The difference between a 70% kicker and an 80% kicker is 2-3 points every 10 attempts. The difference between a genuine winger and a fairly lumbering utility back on the wing is probably worth more than that. The genuine winger can finish tries and find gaps in general play that a utility like Harris couldn't. And if Harris was on the wing he would get skinned on the outside by any genuine winger with some space that came up against him.

I'd always pick the team before picking the kicker. Kicking obviously needs to be taken into account, but not at the expense of making the team considerably worse in general play.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Genia wasn't actually too bad last week, he stepped up once Cooper was off injured and directed the Reds around the park. His short passing in particular caused issues.

Genia's kicking has been better this game as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.