• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds V Chiefs Round 17 Sat 6th June

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tordah

Dave Cowper (27)
Chiefs had a ton of pens initially. I assume the yellow was based on that even though there was 25min between.

yeah, as I said, wouldn't have been weird had he just warned them earlier, but he never did, so it came a bit out of the blue. Reds look a bit clueless with the ball, Chiefs defence going great guns, set piece absolutely shambolic. Reds scrum a beaut.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Once again, a few metres out from the line and Genia runs so far across that the defence is blocking his supporters and he gets caught with the ball.......... turnover........... Chiefs penalty up the other end of the field...............

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Leitch back & no damage done while he was gone. Horrell lining it up & it's good, 17-3. Reds need to score next or they're toast IMO.

ACR

Desmond Connor (43)
finally Genia picked up for his constant offside from the scrum

He's done that one his whole career.

Not much O'Connor could have with that one, Greg Martin thought he should have done a jink and run 110 metres..

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Aussie comms have no idea Pulu is actually pretty shit (though he does look better than Genia)

I reckon he's currently a 70/30 player i.e. 70% of the time he's good or better, 30% he does dumb shit. Reduce the 30% to say 10% & you've got a seriously good player on your hands. The positive of his 30% shit play is that he's mostly trying to do too much & that's usually correctable.

Status
Not open for further replies.