• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
So, whats happening with Sam Talakai?

21077401_670989836445174_1331491810581162572_n.jpg

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
wtf......can't imagine the Reds are just releasing him because they don't want him. Has been solid for us and I can't see anyone else knocking down the door at THP. Sanday and Asiati aren't there yet. Tahs needed a prop so could be going home to Sydney to replace Taavao/Lolohea or he's just going bye bye.

If this is the case I'd suggest that is why we have Salesi Manu playing in the NRC and could also be a chance to bring Sham.Vui (Ipswich Grammar) and 2017 Aus u20 THP back to QLD from the Force.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
There was talk of the Rebels signing a Reds prop but they've got a few THPs. I hope he stays in Oz regardless.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
wtf..can't imagine the Reds are just releasing him because they don't want him. Has been solid for us and I can't see anyone else knocking down the door at THP. Sanday and Asiati aren't there yet. Tahs needed a prop so could be going home to Sydney to replace Taavao/Lolohea or he's just going bye bye.

If this is the case I'd suggest that is why we have Salesi Manu playing in the NRC and could also be a chance to bring Sham.Vui (Ipswich Grammar) and 2017 Aus u20 THP back to QLD from the Force.

Wasn't Toupou our THP for the last few rounds? From memory he did pretty good.

I thought I also read about a prop returning from overseas to play NRC for one of the QLD teams, may he is a fit?

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
Definitely think we should be looking into a replacement if he's headed off, so hopefully you're right.

I was actually thinking THP would be a good spot of strength for us this coming season with Sam a proven starter and Thor developing more and more. Definitely a position where it's worth investing in the 2nd guy down the line, relatively speaking.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
It is interesting who that 2nd THP (2nd most important player in the squad) is? Salesi Manu the obvious one but perhaps Vui from the west is an option?

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Wasn't Toupou our THP for the last few rounds? From memory he did pretty good.

I thought I also read about a prop returning from overseas to play NRC for one of the QLD teams, may he is a fit?

Yeh but you need 2 THPs and Sanday is one of whom I was referring to as not knocking down the door.

As I wrote, I think it is Salesi Manu that is that overseas prop who has come back. As I said and Reg stated recently, him and S.Vui from force (qld boy) is the way to go

T

TOCC

Yeh but you need 2 THPs and Sanday is one of whom I was referring to as not knocking down the door.

As I wrote, I think it is Salesi Manu that is that overseas prop who has come back. As I said and Reg stated recently, him and S.Vui from force (qld boy) is the way to go

Salesi Manu isn't signed for 2018 yet, but but I imagine he is close to the top of the list of potential recruits, so a few solid performances for Brisbane City would send a good message

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)

Nah, good on Simmo. Unlike the rest of Australia, our depth in the second row is unprecedented. If we kept Simmo I believe we would have 4 Capped Wallabies in the second row; Douglas, Simmo, Tui (?) and Rodda. Then Neville is also floating around.

Simmo's contract was up and the Reds chose not to renew. I can only wish him well, he was a great servant for us and unlike other's who've joined the Tahs from the Reds, I wish no ill will towards him.

Status
Not open for further replies.