• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
It'd be like the dash for the Sydney 7's.

Based on the evidence seen so far this season, if QC (Quade Cooper) somehow is able to lob up in BrisVegas sometime this week, him attending a training session to get familiar with the game plan, starter plays and attacking structures may be detrimental to any chance the Reds may have of victory.

Huh, run that past me again....

Game Plan - arrive on time
Starter Plays - If you start, you play
Attacking Structures - everyone throw the ball to Karevi

Simon.

Bob Loudon (25)

A more accurate representation.

Jeebus.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
It always baffled me with the drawn out nature of the RG experiment why the Reds seem to have no dramas telling a player that they are no longer needed, even when they want to stay, but if it's a coach or administrator then they seem to have a bloody hard time telling them their services are no longer required.

A report from the Standard in the UK.

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/rug...sland-reds-are-his-first-choice-a3293716.html

Saying the Reds are Lancaster's preferred option (nothing on whether Lancaster is the Reds' preferred option). But one line caught my eye:

"Lancaster is keen to experience Super Rugby and his work in Australia would see him operate in a role similar to that of director of rugby working with two coaches."

Surely they're not proposing Stiles and O'Connor stay with Lancaster over the top????

If this did eventuate (and I hope it doesn't) then it would seemingly reinforce my view above. I would also become much more then 'baffled'. Probably some sort of mega-baffle or super dooper-baffle. I just don't know.

dru

David Wilson (68)
Latitude in journalism I expect. What actually was he saying though? Lancaster is applying for Herbert's job and we keep CIHCs?

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Greg Holmes endorses Stiles:

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...b/news-story/d964872f90dad454e4306f7db078088f

“I think he’s one of the best forwards’ coaches going around.
“Obviously, he’s one of the head coaching candidates for next year and, personally, I hope he gets the job.”

and then this:

For suffering Reds fans, the final call is almost as important with Crusaders coach Todd Blackadder, the former All Black, Stiles and O’Connor believed to still be on the final shorter, short list.

Not sure if that is the 7 person short list or a shorter-short list. Or a co-interim short list.

T

TOCC

So Reds have confirmed Jake Shatz is departing in 2017 with their 'thanks for the memories' article on their homepage.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
So Reds have confirmed Jake Shatz is departing in 2017 with their 'thanks for the memories' article on their homepage.
So unless Quade returns, Simmo will be the only member of the 2011 Grand Final winning 22 left at Ballymore in 2017.

Sent from my SM-G920I using Tapatalk

Gillys_ghost

Dave Cowper (27)
So thats 12 players leaving at the end of the season. Regardless of who we bring in, our depth next year is gonna be shocking, and it already wasnt great.

T

TOCC

So thats 12 players leaving at the end of the season. Regardless of who we bring in, our depth next year is gonna be shocking, and it already wasnt great.

5 of those players departing have 11caps of less to their names, the big losses for 2017 are Holmes, Gill and Browning.

Matijow played a crucial role in 2016, but lock depth isnt an issue of the Reds with Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Tui and Rodda on the books for 2017.

S. Fainga'a whilst a great player and clubman for the Reds would have been fighting for the bench spot. A.Fainga'a's best days seem behind him.

Greene and Fakaosilea might be two names that come back to haunt the Reds int he future.

T

TOCC

1. Slipper
2. Moore
3. Talakai
4. Simmons
5. Douglas
6. H.Tui
7. Smith
8. Houston
9. Frisby
11. Nabuli
12. Paia'aua
13. Kerevi
14. Kuridrani
15. Hunt

16. Ready
17. Fa'agase
18. Tupou
19. Neville/L.Tui
20. Timu/Gunn
21. J.Tuttle
22. J.Tuttle

I think Perese could be a bolter for 2017 if he gets some game time in the NRC this year, not sure how his rehab is going but he is a genuinely talented player.

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
5 of those players departing have 11caps of less to their names, the big losses for 2017 are Holmes, Gill and Browning.

Matijow played a crucial role in 2016, but lock depth isnt an issue of the Reds with Simmons, Douglas, Neville, Tui and Rodda on the books for 2017.

S. Fainga'a whilst a great player and clubman for the Reds would have been fighting for the bench spot. A.Fainga'a's best days seem behind him.

Greene and Fakaosilea might be two names that come back to haunt the Reds int he future.

I do not think that Browning falls into the same category of looses as Holmes and Gill. Holmes and Gill are world class at their position.

Reactions: gel

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
It's also about who replaces them. Browning has been replaced by Houston & Timu. Fainga'a replaced by Moore. Gill by Smith.

The biggest concern is Holmes. A lot will depend on Talakai & Tupou both staying fit and kicking on next year.

T

TOCC

I do not think that Browning falls into the same category of looses as Holmes and Gill. Holmes and Gill are world class at their position.

We were talking about squad depth, being 'world class' wasn't the measure or intent of my comment, my comment was in relation to the fact that Holmes, Gill and Browning/Shatz are the players who would likely to be starting or in the match day 23 in 2017.

T

TOCC

It's also about who replaces them. Browning has been replaced by Houston & Timu. Fainga'a replaced by Moore. Gill by Smith.

Shatz, Fakaosilea and Browning have so far been replaced by Timu and Houston. Reds also have Korczyk and H.Tui signed for 2017, which gives a pretty good starting back row of:

6. Tui
7. Smith
8. Houston

But the reserve blindside/number 8's are Timu and Korczyk, which is pretty weak, at least in experience.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Yeah - but in terms of depth, is there a lot of difference to the majority of this year - Tui, Gill, Shatz & Browning backed by Korczyk, Fakaosilea & Gunn. Ideally Korczyk or Timu would have got more experience this year, but on the whole backrow depth is better than THP.

Plus, aren't we still getting Sean McMahon?

Status
Not open for further replies.