• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
Adam Thomson instgram feed has pic of a few Reds boys with a Quote of

"Been a pleasure playing with theses clowns. Thats a Wrap 2015, bring on the next #redrugby

Could take this that he is staying on for another season, and Quade not heading OS so it will not affect the Forgien player ruling of 1 player per roster. As RG indicated if quade was to leave they would look OS for a flyhallf which would squeeze out AT

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Paying someone more doesn't make them less likely to get injured or really alter anything whatsoever. If you offer QC (Quade Cooper) more or less money for the next season you shouldn't expect his performance to change based on that.

Paying one player more (or more than his form and background experience warrants) can affect the performance of others though.

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
I always come back to perormance. Is it that important that QC (Quade Cooper) stays??
Sure, when he's on his game he can be awesome but he hasn't been "awesome" in the limited games he has played for a year or 2.

The purported money he is on should mean very high quality of play week in and week out.. He doesn't provide that.

Sure, we need a quality 10. and we need to find one or persevere with McIntyre who has the makings of being a quality player.

Horwill and Genia going releases a large slice of the Cap. We've kept Gilly (at the Reds total expense) and that was fantastic.

Looking forwad to Pickle being the starting 9 - he will ignite the backline moreso than Genia.

Last year it was Horwill. Looks like this year is the off season of QC (Quade Cooper) bashing.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Paying one player more (or more than his form and background experience warrants) can affect the performance of others though.

Or is that just something fans say to suggest it must be discouraging for other players?

Every interview you hear from players is that they have no idea what each other are paid and leave their own arrangements to their managers to deal with.

This is a massive tangent from the point I was making though.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
@Scrubber2050, are you more so concerned that we perhaps have not been getting our value for money with QC (Quade Cooper) given the amount of injuries since the end of 2011 and the inevitable time required afterwards to come back into form?

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Last year it was Horwill. Looks like this year is the off season of QC (Quade Cooper) bashing.

Reasonable criticism is just that.

Jeez I must have been wrong about Horwill - He really has performed admirably and will regain his starting spot in the Wallabies - some of the posters misguided and blinding faith in the bloke must be choking .

can someone direct me to a game of Quades that was outstanding say, this year. I acknowledge that on his day he is the best in the world. Unfortunately those days are few and far between. I understand the argument about guys outside but some 10's actually makes a break or 2 themselves now and again. (yeah yeah it was a great try at the end from broken play)..

He is just not the dominant force he once was, is he ??????

No4918

John Hipwell (52)
Reasonable criticism is just that.

Jeez I must have been wrong about Horwill - He really has performed admirably and will regain his starting spot in the Wallabies - some of the posters misguided and blinding faith in the bloke must be choking .

can someone direct me to a game of Quades that was outstanding say, this year. I acknowledge that on his day he is the best in the world. Unfortunately those days are few and far between. I understand the argument about guys outside but some 10's actually makes a break or 2 themselves now and again. (yeah yeah it was a great try at the end from broken play)..

He is just not the dominant force he once was, is he ??????

He played 5 games this year and was good in all of them. Did you see the Force game? He got a double. First game verse the Rebels the Reds got out to a big lead before Horwill's send off. Of all the crap performances this year from players and coaches and you choose to pick QC (Quade Cooper) to take your frustrations out on. Do you really think JOC (James O'Connor) and KHunt were value? QC (Quade Cooper) easily showed more than those two other highly paid players. But like I say, blaming individuals after the general performance issues is just ludicrous. Not sure if you are serious anymore.

formerflanker

Ken Catchpole (46)
Taking this completely out of context but in agreement with you - Imagine him with the Toulon team around him! Makes me want to move to the south of france

What? Nothing to do with the great weather, abundant good wine, beautiful countryside, meandering canals, and hot croissants?

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
Adam Thomson instgram feed has pic of a few Reds boys with a Quote of

"Been a pleasure playing with theses clowns. Thats a Wrap 2015, bring on the next #redrugby

Could take this that he is staying on for another season, and Quade not heading OS so it will not affect the Forgien player ruling of 1 player per roster. As RG indicated if quade was to leave they would look OS for a flyhallf which would squeeze out AT

I think it's because he's off to Japan again, whether he'll be back remains to be seen..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Troy

Jim Clark (26)
I always come back to perormance. Is it that important that QC (Quade Cooper) stays??
Sure, when he's on his game he can be awesome but he hasn't been "awesome" in the limited games he has played for a year or 2.

The purported money he is on should mean very high quality of play week in and week out.. He doesn't provide that.

Sure, we need a quality 10. and we need to find one or persevere with McIntyre who has the makings of being a quality player.

Horwill and Genia going releases a large slice of the Cap. We've kept Gilly (at the Reds total expense) and that was fantastic.

Looking forwad to Pickle being the starting 9 - he will ignite the backline moreso than Genia.

Far out Scrubber, what's it like on your planet?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
He played 5 games this year and was good in all of them. Did you see the Force game? He got a double. First game verse the Rebels the Reds got out to a big lead before Horwill's send off. Of all the crap performances this year from players and coaches and you choose to pick QC (Quade Cooper) to take your frustrations out on. Do you really think JOC (James O'Connor) and KHunt were value? QC (Quade Cooper) easily showed more than those two other highly paid players. But like I say, blaming individuals after the general performance issues is just ludicrous. Not sure if you are serious anymore.

I have thought the performances of JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt were poor. No question but some posters make excuse after excuse for the lack of performance of favourite players. Fair enough.

I have merely said that QC (Quade Cooper)'s performances haven't been great

I try and be objectice in my comments. Plenty of others wear tinted glasses.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
2016 looks OK - just need a new coach to get the best outa
1. Slipper
2. Finger
3. Holmes
4. Simmo
5. Neville
6. Thomson (hopefully)
7 Gilly (you beauty)
8. Shatzie
9. Genia or Frisby (if Will really hops the plane)
10. Quade (or maybe not) or McIntyre
11 Turner
12. Kerevi
13. K Hunt
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. JJ

B

Bobby Sands

I have thought the performances of JOC (James O'Connor) and Hunt were poor. No question but some posters make excuse after excuse for the lack of performance of favourite players. Fair enough.

I have merely said that QC (Quade Cooper)'s performances haven't been great

I try and be objectice in my comments. Plenty of others wear tinted glasses.

I was going to say you're a glass half empty kind of guy, tinted or otherwise. But I'm beginning to think you just don't wear any - and make it up as you go along. Might want to pick up a pair bud. Makes it far easier to get a grasp of what's happening.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I was going to say you're a glass half empty kind of guy, tinted or otherwise. But I'm beginning to think you just don't wear any - and make it up as you go along. Might want to pick up a pair bud. Makes it far easier to get a grasp of what's happening.

I am a realist and don't stick my head up my arse - unlike some others

You, Sir, or Madam, should rip down to the chemist and buy a truckload of reality pills.

Status
Not open for further replies.