• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

born-red

Chris McKivat (8)
Did dagleish (think that's the spelling) from UQ sign aswell? he was the Aus un20 flyhalf this year and backup in one of our NRC teams.

Greene Mcintyre and Mason.....picking Mason with the highest ceiling. Think all 4 will/will have played 10 for AUS u20? or one of either greene or mcintyre didn't cut it?

dru

David Wilson (68)
Did dagleish (think that's the spelling) from UQ sign aswell? he was the Aus un20 flyhalf this year and backup in one of our NRC teams.

Greene Mcintyre and Mason...picking Mason with the highest ceiling. Think all 4 will/will have played 10 for AUS u20? or one of either greene or mcintyre didn't cut it?

Storm? Storm? Who the hell is storm? Has Mason spent a season in Africa? And then I work it out with the article.

We may be missing an experienced 10 but we are no longer short of them. Lol. Hell we now have more 10s than loose forwards.

Best of luck for Mason, always nice to see a returning Brisbane Bloke. +1 to us -1 to Mungo-land.

an observer

Herbert Moran (7)

Greene Mcintyre and Mason...picking Mason with the highest ceiling. Think all 4 will/will have played 10 for AUS u20? or one of either greene or mcintyre didn't cut it?

Pretty sure Greene is the only one that hasnt/wont play 10 for Aus 20s. Mcintyre played two years as well as two years oz schoolboys, Dalgleish played 20s this year and Mason sounds like he's got the goods for next year

upthereds#!

Peter Johnson (47)
Well at least we can pretty confidently say we got the best depth of young flyhalves going around - got 4 good ones around with top underage rugby whilst....tahs got horwitz (21), rebels got debracinin (22), brumbies got jooste (18), force got burton (21)

surely at least 1 of ours will come good

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Well at least we can pretty confidently say we got the best depth of young flyhalves going around - got 4 good ones around with top underage rugby whilst..tahs got horwitz (21), rebels got debracinin (22), brumbies got jooste (18), force got burton (21)

surely at least 1 of ours will come good

Going on past performance, a year or two down the track and two or three of these will probably be poached by other Super sides, especially if they turn out to be the goods.

Reactions: gel

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Yeah. The likelihood is that between those 4 and Paia’aua, 1 or 2 will flop, and at least one will either leave in search of gametime or be headhunted by another side.

As long as you figure out which 2 or 3 are the best and strive your hardest to retain them, you should come out on top.

Ignoto

Greg Davis (50)
Goromaru is a nice story but given the choice I would have stuck with Turner

I wouldn't have. We've seen what Lachie is capable at this stage of his career and for the type of money he wants I can't see it being a wise move by the Reds.

Don't get me wrong, Lachie is a great bloke and his leadership would have been nice to have. But as he approaches the twilight of his career he should focus on maximising how much he can get, because he body hasn't really held up.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Goromaru is a decent kicker too isn't he? It's not like we're flush with solid kickers. I don't think the choice ever would've been Turner or Goromaru anyway. It's not an either/or proposition. Goromaru doesn't occupy a squad spot.

topgun

Billy Sheehan (19)
Goromaru is an absolute joke signing, It's all well and good now, but when the hype wears off he's a 32 year old player who has never played outside of Japanese rugby. who can't communicate well with english, with the single worst coach the franchise has ever had.

Omar Comin'

Chilla Wilson (44)
Goromaru is an absolute joke signing, It's all well and good now, but when the hype wears off he's a 32 year old player who has never played outside of Japanese rugby. who can't communicate well with english, with the single worst coach the franchise has ever had.

He's 29. And he's played a fair bit communicating with English speaking players (that don't speak Japanese). He's also got a few months to improve his English.

dru

David Wilson (68)
I wouldn't have. We've seen what Lachie is capable at this stage of his career and for the type of money he wants I can't see it being a wise move by the Reds.

Don't get me wrong, Lachie is a great bloke and his leadership would have been nice to have. But as he approaches the twilight of his career he should focus on maximising how much he can get, because he body hasn't really held up.

Do you know what money he was on? Or surmising? If you are right it would have me surprised. (Not that this would be a first!) Let's not forget Genia, Quade, Horwill, JOC (James O'Connor), Thomson etc should have opened up the salary budget.

We've picked up a couple of locks who won't be cheap, but should be well in front I would have thought.

And we're not just talking about Lachie who many saw as our best back last season, but an experienced Super Rugby head with leadership when our inexperienced changes could really be using it. Might have been worth investing.

I'm calling it for a mistake.

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
While I don't think winning the NRC makes Stiles the Messiah some believe him to be, I do believe he is now surely a better prospect than Graham in almost any qualification you could devise.

Both assistants are now better qualified than the Head Coach (despite the QRU say there wasn't a coach on the planet better than Graham). And seems mor epopular too.

2016 will clearly be one of harmony and success for the team.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
I would like to see Laloifi get a shot ahead of Kuridrani at this stage. Been really impressed with the improvement in Laloifi, and he's learnt to use his lack of size to his advantage. Kuridrani seems to have all the attributes to be very good, he just makes so many mistakes for mine.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Kane Douglas may be out for a fair bit of Super Rugby 2016, depending on the medical assessment of the RWC knee injury.

T

TOCC

This is from Oct 24
LONDON – Japan’s new Super Rugby side, the Sunwolves, took a hit Saturday with the news that Ayumu Goromaru is set to turn his back on the team and play for the Reds instead.
An informed source told Kyodo News that the Brave Blossoms fullback, one of the stars of Rugby World Cup 2015, will join Japan flanker Hendrik Tui in Queensland when the Super Rugby season gets underway in February 2016.
With Japan captain Michael Leitch having already opted to play for the Chiefs in New Zealand rather than the Sunwolves, Japanese officials were keen to get Goromaru onboard in the hope it would persuade other players to sign up with the new team.
[/QUOTE

Status
Not open for further replies.