• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Train Without a Station

The same person you blame for everything. The coach.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
People forget that to win a comp,you need a lot of luck.
Also the right vibe in the club is difficult to build,and harder to maintain.
There are many instances where a club wins a comp,retains all the players,the coach and support staff,yet can never rise to the standards they set in their premiership year.
Who do you blame for that?

This isn't just about not winning the competition.

This is about a team that plays worse than the littlies at half time.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I have got to say the team doesn't look badly coached. They just have no impact on attack or defence. The right five are going well. Everything else just isn't working.
To me the biggest issue is a Samo, Higginbotham, and or a Ioane type player or players.
No one is our is capable of doing what they were doing.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

T

Train Without a Station

Sully I really disagree that they don't look poorly coached. Some things aren't coming off which isn't the issue. The defence really is a shambles, players seem to have no trust in the system or there team mates and are making bad decisions.

The backline just isn't presenting any runners running lines as options. One player running a line seems to be the best option Quade has at 10.

In addition the discipline in every facet of the game is lacking.

Fitness looks a little off too.

These are all items that come down to coaching. I don't for a moment think that the decline is all Graham, player motivation seems down. A closer insight would tell more, but perhaps that's why management have been prepared to back Graham to date. Obviously I've said before, It's a coach's job to motivate the players, I am willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that some players just don't give enough of a fuck due to the coaching change (throwing the toys out of the cot - I've done it when I played at my shit level even) and anybody but Link may have had a hard time changing that.

BDA

Jim Lenehan (48)
Guys I have been following the threat lately so forgive me if this has already been mentioned ad nauseam, but I'm a bit concerned with our direction under Graham.

It seems to me that the Rebels and the Force have both demonstrated better structure and game plans this year and have got close to maximum return on the squad they have available. The Reds in contrast are not getting the most out of the talent they have available. We can put part of that down to the form of some key players, but at the end of the day the coach plays a large role in getting the most out of his players. That's not happening at the moment.

I had my reservations when Graham came over from the force, but I was prepared to give him an opportunity to prove me wrong. Im not calling for his head just yet, but im watching with a keen eye to see how we finish the season from here. It would be a travesty in the QRU lost the momentum they have built over the past 5 years with another poor season in 2015.

T

Train Without a Station

Personally I think the only way Graham can fairly keep his job is by improvement over the remainder of the season.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Even if Graham fails badly for the rest of the year, I won't be surprised if he's still there in 2015, for various reasons.

Throughout his tenure at the Force and Reds he's always he excuses, and there's the rumours of the way he was hired at the Reds that hint he won't be flicked so quickly.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I'll chuck it out there. We want an experienced coach with a proven track record of results. John Muggleton anyone.

R

Redsfan

Louden and Mooney coaching super-group please.

Or Graham Henry, of course.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Personally I think the only way Graham can fairly keep his job is by improvement over the remainder of the season.

I genuinely get your argument TWAS but I'd also argue that such an improvement, if it occurs, should be rated somewhat cautiously as these games henceforth are now effectively Reds' dead rubbers, 'playing for pride' style games vs games that can gain a Finals berth.

It would be great for Reds fans to see that sustained improvement from now and some solid wins in what remains of the season, but the need for the skill and commitment that really counts and the must-win pressure that reveals genuine quality in a team or its absence, has come and gone. That need and and pressure will now only return in February 2015.

Ruski2003

Bob McCowan (2)
Hi Guys,

long time reader, first time poster so please go easy on me :).
I've heard a dirty rumour through a associate of who happens to work inside NSW Rugby. He's told me that his mail is that the tahs are trying to pinch Horwill as with Kane Douglas going overseas they are looking for a tough lock who is uncompromising and has leadership skills. I'm aware Horwill is contracted to the Reds & ARU until the end of 2015, but contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on these days. He said that Horwill is on the outer at the reds - He doesn't see eye to eye with Richard Graham over tactics and game plans and he does not get on at all with Quade which is causing major issues. He said that apart from Richard Graham being a shit coach that this is one of the issues that the reds are playing so badly as they are no longer playing for each other.

Normally I would dismiss this as just petty skull duggery, however my source predicted that barnes would depart the reds for the tahs in 2009, McKibbin to the tahs in 2009 & Lance to the tahs in 2013 all well before they happened. Has anyone here got any mail on this? I dearly hope that it is nothing more than BS because Horwill is the heart and soul of the Reds.

I've also posted this 2014 thread to see if anyone can shed some light on this.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
crofty.png

Bring back this man. Get a bit of aggression back into Qld rugby.

On a more serious note: I had suspicions the Reds season would be average thus far after Higginbotham left for Melbourne last year. I think he was an enigma for opposition players; specifically his ball handling skills as a back rower. The Reds haven't found a full replacement yet. Furthermore, (some might disagree and that's fine), but I think the Reds have concentrated too much at bringing the younger players into the backline instead of the forwards. T12 alerted to this before; how Browning and McDuling haven't played anywhere near enough game time this season. I think the Reds need more size and speed in the forwards, both cater for this!

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Hi Guys,

I've heard a dirty rumour through a associate of who happens to work inside NSW Rugby. He's told me that his mail is that the tahs are trying to pinch Horwill as with Kane Douglas going overseas they are looking for a tough lock who is uncompromising and has leadership skills. I'm aware Horwill is contracted to the Reds & ARU until the end of 2015, but contracts are hardly worth the paper they are written on these days. He said that Horwill is on the outer at the reds - He doesn't see eye to eye with Richard Graham over tactics and game plans and he does not get on at all with Quade which is causing major issues. He said that apart from Richard Graham being a shit coach that this is one of the issues that the reds are playing so badly as they are no longer playing for each other.

Normally I would dismiss this as just petty skull duggery, however my source predicted that barnes would depart the reds for the tahs in 2009, McKibbin to the tahs in 2009 & Lance to the tahs in 2013 all well before they happened. Has anyone here got any mail on this? I dearly hope that it is nothing more than BS because Horwill is the heart and soul of the Reds.

Has your source been talking to Greg Growden too?

http://www.espnscrum.com/australia/rugby/story/223601.html

- One Australian province is all aflutter over two players caught on CCTV in a back lane of a red light district being passionate … with each other. No wonder that province is currently enjoying a good form streak.

- Who is the very high-profile Queensland Reds player who has spoken to Waratahs team management over a provincial change? And the player leaving the Reds is no idle threat. He just does not get on with certain team officials. Waratahs coach Michael Cheika also remains tight-lipped about his future, but the lure of Buenos Aires remains attractive after he was slapped with a $A6000 fine and a six-month suspended sentence for his antics on the sideline in Durban recently.

gel

Ken Catchpole (46)
Hi Guys,

Welcome :)

I have no idea about the rest. but I would find the bit about Horwill and Quade not seeing eye to eye as pretty doubtful. Whenever I have seen them out and about those two have always looked pretty tight.

Still if Packer and his mate from 9 can have a punch up in the streets of Bondi, anything is possible, I guess.

Status
Not open for further replies.