• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Reds 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Yep, everyone keeps forgetting that Lucas was picked ahead of Genia for a season (think it was Genia's second at the Reds?)

Scotty

David Codey (61)
The force need to learn the lesson of the reds and more lately the brumbies. A team of great players does not make a champion team. Reds improved via young talented players being coached by a good coach that was able to get the best out of them. The brumbies, after losing many of their big names but picking up a great coach are now doing the same.

Force need to look at the coach first, coupled with a few top players and the remainder up and comers.

jay-c

Ron Walden (29)
jeesh some of you guys are clutching at straws trying to convince yourselves the reds will prosper without genia>
he had his first good game of the season friday night and that was your first good game
apart from that 20 minute period against the saffa team 3 weeks back
i really hope this doesnt spark an exodus, everyone wants the reds to be strong

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
this si just the beginning of a better rivalry than against the tahs. The Tahs rivalry is about a long history, the rivalry against the force will have more passion because it is about modern history and the perception that mining money is destroying us. It will turn into a silvertails mentality.

Good Luck to Genia, I will be even more happy when we beat the Force next year with a scrummie who is not "the worlds best". If QC (Quade Cooper) goes, I will obviously be sad, but any wins over the force will be even more sweet.

Players come and go, but our support for our team wont be bought, this is the team we are stuck with through thick or thin, luckily we had the thick of it last year, and it was great, if we are going into the thin times then lets get behind our team and savour the wins that we will still get even more.

I still think we will be a great side without guys like Genia, he deserves to ply his trade for more money and has earnt this right. I would be more upset if we lost guys who had not had chance to prove themself. I am more worried about losing guys like Gill and Slipper.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Even with frisby and lucas we still need a third halfback for depth reasons. I said it earlier but prior is worth bringing back from the brumbies.

W

What2040

Is young Lindsay Crooke still in academy at Ballymore or in seven's system. With Davies playing as he is, a resigning must be up in the air. Time to give some others a shot

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Ease up Penguin.

No home talent poachers is a bit of an unfair cop. WA juniors are rapidly improving in skills and so is WA representation in national age grade teams. Age grade teams picked by Eastern Staters. The junior pathway over here has been rooted in the ass by the ARU with their Sydney and Brisbane academies. Senior rugby in WA doesn't get a fraction of the ARU funding that Sydney and Brisbane get. Fair? You want us to produce our own talent but you don't provide equal opportunity to do it.

You guys sometimes make mountains out of molehills about Force recruitment of Reds players back in 2006. Digby Ioane was overlooked for Wendell Sailor- who fucked up there? Besides you got him back anyway. David Pocock was told he would have to wait a few years behind David Croft. Other than Nathan Sharpe and a couple of fringe players, who else did we really steal?

As for Genia, you lost a star player. I get it. It feels like shit. But at least you have last year's championship as a bit of a pick me up.

I'm glad to hear things are on the improve on the development side of things, I look forward to the day when some stars are born out west.
Digby was still young & would have gotten his opportunity sooner rather than later, especially as one big name you missed in Mitchell went for the mining money. There were a whole heap of names, Richard Brown, Scott Daruda, Luke Doherty, Tai McIsaac, Junior Pelasasa & Rudi Vedelago, they all were getting game time in Qld when poached. Along with a bunch of academy players who have since moved on oveseas because their game wasn't developing over there or they just didn't get the chance they were looking for. Of course Sharpe was the big big loss at the time. More big hill than mole hill ;-)

I really don't have a problem with players going elsewhere because they seek an opportunity and to develop their game, I do have a problem with players moving around provinces just to line their pockets, not with the players themselves as it's human nature to want to be rich, but with the clubs who are to lazy & shortsighted that they think they can buy a trophy & rip out the dreams & aspirations of teammates & supporters, who after all pay the money that filters down to their pay cheques.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
The force need to learn the lesson of the reds and more lately the brumbies. A team of great players does not make a champion team. Reds improved via young talented players being coached by a good coach that was able to get the best out of them. The brumbies, after losing many of their big names but picking up a great coach are now doing the same.

Force need to look at the coach first, coupled with a few top players and the remainder up and comers.

Good points all Scotty. And, rightly or wrongly, so many of the Force's money-driven east-to-west recruitments have turned into de facto dust for the Force as the team as a whole was not well coached or formed enough as a complete unit to ever get into the S14/5 finals, let alone a GF. They tended to concentrate on prestige players, and not enough on prestige outcomes created via the right kind of total organization capability. Also, when the money recruits returned east, few of them were enhanced as players, perhaps D Mitchell the exception. I think this was due in part to the fact that they never found themselves able to get near the top of any mountain; wining against the best teams builds players.

But perhaps this time the Force has or will learn from the past, and build a balanced, complete rugby business as the new QRU did from 2009-early 2012. Australian rugby will benefit if so.

Will Genia has taken a big risk, with seemingly no coach confirmed at the Force. How well advised has he been? How will his playing quality unfold in a very changed environment? We'll know by late 2014, it'll take 2 years to find out.

So ironic that Sheehan has, overall, played better than Genia this year.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Even with frisby and lucas we still need a third halfback for depth reasons. I said it earlier but prior is worth bringing back from the brumbies.
Prior must be spewing a bit. He left the Reds because he had Genia in front of him. Now he looks to be behind White at the Brumbies and Genia leaves the Reds. Timing can be such a bitch sometimes.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Prior must be spewing a bit. He left the Reds because he had Genia in front of him. Now he looks to be behind White at the Brumbies and Genia leaves the Reds. Timing can be such a bitch sometimes.

Spewing?

He might just be feeling relieved that he left at the right time...

something

Jim Clark (26)
Is young Lindsay Crooke still in academy at Ballymore or in seven's system. With Davies playing as he is, a resigning must be up in the air. Time to give some others a shot
where has Crooke been since finishing school? i know he did 7's but where is he playing right now? there is still chris f'sautia coming through the ranks who will be immense. both young wingers will be awesome, would be very good if reds had them both.

something

Jim Clark (26)
Matt Lucas?? Ben's little brother. recently scored the winning points in the most recent Australian 7's grand final. He is in reds academy and he's a pretty solid player

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't think he will be big enough to play super rugby. Sevens is his niche IMO.

More than willing to be proven wrong as always though.

Status
Not open for further replies.