• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Lions RD 11, Sat 6th May @3pm

Status
Not open for further replies.

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
I actually thought Meehan was better than Stirzaker for a lot of last season. Admittedly Stirzaker was injured at the start of last season.
Just look at the results, most of the wins came when Meehan played 40+ minutes last year.

Team went backwards when Stirzaker returned and McMahon lost the captaincy.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

KevinO

Geoff Shaw (53)
Seriously, you guys should watch the game - even in fast forward. Otherwise, how else will you know what rock bottom looks like?
Just have to look at the ARU and SARU and its clear

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Not having Meehan in the squad all year has been strange. He offers much needed attitude to a squad clearly short of it. Also has a knack for a try with his link play. Him and McMahon have been dearly missed

Ulrich

Nev Cottrell (35)
I expect the Rebels to play much, much better this week.

Still I expect the Lions will win. They are a happy bunch. Watch the captain Whiteley before, during and after the game. He always has a smile on his face.

Reactions: dru

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
Not having Meehan in the squad all year has been strange. He offers much needed attitude to a squad clearly short of it. Also has a knack for a try with his link play. Him and McMahon have been dearly missed

Funny you mention Meehan's "attitude" as it just may be one of the reasons he has not been selected. And don't get me wrong, I think he is a terrific player with plenty of talent but with some coaches that is not enough to get you in the team.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Funny you mention Meehan's "attitude" as it just may be one of the reasons he has not been selected. And don't get me wrong, I think he is a terrific player with plenty of talent but with some coaches that is not enough to get you in the team.
To me at least, that says more about McGahan than it does BIP.

Bip and McGahan both joined the side prior to the 2014 season, and they're now in their 4th season.

A quality coach would have fixed up a poor attitude or shipped the player out by now, particularly given he wasn't a Best 23 player in either 2014 or 2015.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Well good way to attract a crowd, play at the exact same time as Dewar Shield. Rule out about 1000 rugby fans due to club commitments.

It's incredible........

There's no rugby on tonight for the 7.30pm timeslot, and the only AFL game is the St Kilda v GWS match at Etihad which isn't going to be a huge draw........

Instead they've scheduled the Rebels match to go up against the Collingwood v Carlton game that's being played nearby at the G.

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
The scheduling has been without a doubt abysmal from an Australian POV.

How many weeks have we had no Friday Night games now?

I don't mind the occasional Saturday or Sunday Arvo games, but they should always occur when we've got three home games in a round, so that the 7.45pm games always get played.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The scheduling has been without a doubt abysmal from an Australian POV.

How many weeks have we had no Friday Night games now?

I don't mind the occasional Saturday or Sunday Arvo games, but they should always occur when we've got three home games in a round, so that the 7.45pm games always get played.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
There are only three rounds with three Aussie home games. Two of those have a Force home game so there was a late night Saturday game.

Round one had 3 x 7.30 games with the Rebels playing on the Thursday.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

I think the reason he hasn't been playing is because he has signed elsewhere next year a la Hugh Pyle. Meehan surely is in our best 23. I think this shows that McGahan is stubborn / inflexible and not putting current interest of team first. Surely playing Snowden ahead of Meehan as he has been does not have a significant player development benefit. It is not like Snowden is 22.

stoff

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Despite all the well placed criticism of the timeslot, I have decided to take the chance to get my only just two year old daughter along to her first super rugby match. Theory is that I will have to leave after about an hour, meaning the Rebels will win a cracking match whilst I'm on a team back to meet my wife and baby daughter for an early dinner. You can all thank me for my sacrifice after the win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
So this is a team full of Rebels out in warm up. Only one lion on the field.
fc06909c45a52b7856dad9a8c7592235.jpg

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Can't see Retallik warming up. The u20s is out there.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Looks like it's Colby out, Will Miller in. U20s lock into the bench.

Status
Not open for further replies.