• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Crusaders

Status
Not open for further replies.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Wacko Jacko not helping but Rebels once again own worst enemies . One clean possession from 6 or 7 set plays in their attacking 22 and it results in a try !

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looked ugly at the ground, the McMahon injury. Looked to me like a dislocated elbow the way it was just hanging there.

Just read the thread and found it amusing as watching live, I thought Glen "Hometown" Jackson was just that, helping the home side as he usually does......

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Newspaper reporting McMahon's injury as a dislocated wrist that couldn't be put back in at the ground.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
36 - 14 Saders. Top scorer for the sanders - G. Jackson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just read the thread and found it amusing as watching live, I thought Glen "Hometown" Jackson was just that, helping the home side as he usually does..

Geez you 2 need to sort out who gets to whinge about the ref most, surely he didn't favour both teams!! Wonder why I find ref bashing so tedious??

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
vcIXK3.gif

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
Very happy with that second half performance by the Rebels - can't really complain about a 12-10 scoreline after half time particularly when I was expecting their typical collapse at the end.

However, I will complain about Ben Meehan's stupid box kick. I didn't realise he was on until I saw the scrum half do a box kick which lost us possession and resulted in a Crusaders try. Please from all of us, stop box kicking.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
yes the box kick was an absolute shocker, second half better but still lots of basic problems.
defensive pattern (is there one ?) not helped by a 9,10 and 15 who are at best ineffectual tacklers and usually just non tacklers or in Volavola's case hiding away from the contact area. no go forward from the second row, leaves Mafi the only ball running option and he just get bashed by the end of the game. McMahon, apart from line out was pretty anonymous in attack, Lomax got shown up a bit last night also. Koroibete, if he is going to come off his wing has to make the tackles. still, i was expecting a much bigger loss, so not so bad, such are the Rebels fans expectations this year

James Pettifer

Jim Clark (26)
yes the box kick was an absolute shocker, second half better but still lots of basic problems.
defensive pattern (is there one ?) not helped by a 9,10 and 15 who are at best ineffectual tacklers and usually just non tacklers or in Volavola's case hiding away from the contact area. no go forward from the second row, leaves Mafi the only ball running option and he just get bashed by the end of the game. McMahon, apart from line out was pretty anonymous in attack, Lomax got shown up a bit last night also. Koroibete, if he is going to come off his wing has to make the tackles. still, i was expecting a much bigger loss, so not so bad, such are the Rebels fans expectations this year

Didn't love Stirzaker's non attempt at a tackle leading to one of the tries.

McMahon was surprisingly anonymous through the game which was a bit odd. Mafi was immense as usual. By far and away the best player for the Rebels for the season.

Koroibete has dramatically improved with regards to his attack. It seems to take most of the league players a year or so to work out some of the differences in the game.

Need to really think about recruitment for next year. 9/10 are problems - both looked really good potential when they started but have died away.

So sad that we lost Woodward. He just added so much to the team and having him and Foley (if he hadn't backed out of a signed agreement) would make such a difference.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
between them missed tackles by JGB, Stirzaker and Volavola led directly to three of the Cru tries, Stirzkaer's miss on Havili was just criminal.

Status
Not open for further replies.