• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Chiefs, Rd 12 @ AAMI Park

Status
Not open for further replies.

zer0

John Thornett (49)
As good an advertisement as I've ever seen for returning to neutral referees.

G

galumay

It's arrant nonsense to suggest the ref's are biased. They make mistakes, whether they are 'neutral' or not. (neutral being the wrong term anyway, all ref's are neutral by definition of their role)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

G

galumay

Just watched it again, as ref says player was behind ball carrier so it wasn't accidental off side, and it wasn't obstruction because no one that could have tackled him was impeded. Ref's got it right.

G

galumay

BTW, I am going for the Waikato boys so don't accuse me of bias, please!

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
^^^^^^ I don't mind so much when refs make a mistake in real time but for those officials to watch it on the big screen & then STILL get it so fuckin wrong it ain't funny, well, that's a whole different steaming pile to consider.

G

galumay

^^^^^^ I don't mind so much when refs make a mistake in real time but for those officials to watch it on the big screen & then STILL get it so fuckin wrong it ain't funny, well, that's a whole different steaming pile to consider.
Honestly mate I have just watched ½ dozen times again, they got it right.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Ok what about Lowe's card, what about the Chiefs "obstruction" maul? Rebels knocked it on at least twice without being called. It's been a joke.

G

galumay

Ok what about Lowe's card, what about the Chiefs "obstruction" maul? Rebels knocked it on at least twice without being called. It's been a joke.
Yep, I said I didn't think it should have been a YC, but I don't believe it's bias. After all if they were biased it would have been a red card based on the alleged offence.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
Just watched it again, as ref says player was behind ball carrier so it wasn't accidental off side, and it wasn't obstruction because no one that could have tackled him was impeded. Ref's got it right.

I agree they got it right, but the explanation was poor.

G

galumay

I agree they got it right, but the explanation was poor.
Well when I replayed it the ref tells the Chiefs, "it wasn't off side because the ball carrier was in front of the player that ran into him, so he is onside", I didn't hear him explain about the view that no potential tacklers were impeded.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
SBW not nearly as effective without AC feeding him.

Reb 7 lucky not to be at least penalised there, had plenty of time to roll clear.

DMac on now, not sure why he didn't start.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Gotta be a card there for the lazy running back through the Tribe's ruck. Q'uelle surprise, just another warning, how many does Higginbum get?

G

galumay

I think the same number as the Chiefs in the first half!!

Status
Not open for further replies.