• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels v Brumbies Super Rugby 2015 Rnd 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
My beef with Stirzaker coming straight back into the starting line up is he has to earn it back not just walk into it. Yes, he is a good prospect to lead the Rebels but Burgo was one of the best on the field last week and didn't do anything stupid to get suspended for a week so why should he lose his spot.

All this talk about culture and discipline and the first chance of 2015 to prove things have changed and they flop all over what they are trying to instill. 50 to 60 minutes on the bench for little Red to get the hunger to not F@ck up again would have been better than saying its ok to be stupid and get suspended, we will keep your spot. Don't forget he got a yellow in the trial against the Reds as well for stupidity as well.

I'm not sold on Stirzaker yet but suspect Burgo has greater impact coming off the bench for the final 15-20min. His ability to up the tempo is one of his better selling points imo.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
I think his down the pecking order at the moment with the locks.. with have a good bunch this year.

Yep, Tom will rise to the top next year or thereafter. ATM he would be behind Carter, Arnold and probably Enever, mainly due to inexperience imo.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Very little pre-game banter going on here and it's only about 3 hours to kick off. Both sides must be feeling nervous about the outcome.

While I think the Brumbies would beat this Rebels'side 19 out of 20 times, playing at the Rebel's home ground just might be the 1/20. Has happened before.

Which ever side wins will go to the top of the Aussie ladder. Plenty at stake.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
I just don't see a way the Rebels can beat the Wallaby-laden magical Brumbies. If they keep this up I think they're a real contender to go down as one of the greatest Soup teams of all.

Brumbies to win 35-6.

D

daz

Just leaving to head to the pub for pre-game drinkies. My official prediction? Oh, a Rebels win by 3.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Also off to pub to quality check the beer. PO hotel if you can be bothered, otherwise I'll resume my position as the happy lager man in the stands.

T

TOCC

In a city which calls its self the Sporting Capital of Australia with 2.5 the times population of Perth.

congrats mate, Perth supports their team per-capita far better then Melbourne does...

Can we now talk about the game?

T

TOCC

The battle in the scrum is amazing :)

I actually think the Rebels have the upper hand so far, Brumbies got scrum penalty but overall i think the Rebels are looking the better scrummaging unit.

T

TOCC

Mike Harris with a no look pass, floated forward well ahead of the player.... He is a good kicker, but the x-factor stuff isn't his style.

T

TOCC

Thats why Kuridrani is so good, it looks simple and easy but so many current backs just don't run the right angles or lines.

That pass looked slightly forward though, i think it at least deserved a second look.

Status
Not open for further replies.