• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

southsider

Arch Winning (36)
watching some of the news on Rebels website, interested to see Tayler Adams still at the Rebels, will be a good backup to QC (Quade Cooper).

Their back depth is amazing, well sorted if wallabies are rested throughout the season. Gee I hope the forwards can stand up

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
How about them forwards?

1/ Sa'aga
2/ Uelese (when fit)
3/ Talakai
4/ Philip
5/ Coleman
6/ Jones
7/ Hardwick
8/ Naisarani

16/ Roach/Rangi
17/ Faulkner
18/ Ainsley
19/ RHP/Jeffries
20/ Cottrell/Leota

Reactions: dru

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Im predicting Pone will be in the 23 by seasons end. There is a few props in this squad that are a little overrated and have been consistently found out. Sa'aga also to push for a Wallabies spot, our scrum at least looks like it isn't going back 100mph when hes on.

Potentially we could have an all Melbourne boys front row with Sa'aga/Ueleses/Pone. Add Tuipulotu somewhere in the back line and the talent line is starting to come through.

If only we could somehow get Samu and Valetini back to add to the locals theme :p

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
I really hope you gents are right. I'd love to see Pone running around every week, as much as a 140-odd kg prop can run around that is.

The other good thing about Sa'aga, Uelese, and Pone, apart from being Victorians, they're all young. They could be our front row for years.

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Looks like a bit of a theme in the talent that's produced from the Vic club scene in recent times. Of the current pro ranks most of them are forwards (Samu, Faulkner, Uelese, Pone, Sa'aga, Ulugia, Valetini, Leota, Afa Amosa). Even on top of that predominately front row

Only really CLL, Laloifi, Iona and Tuipulotu have played professional rugby of late in the backs.

Be interesting to see why this might be

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Well, that little rumour mill ended quickly.

wessels.JPG

(no, I haven't read the article).

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)
Looks like a bit of a theme in the talent that's produced from the Vic club scene in recent times. Of the current pro ranks most of them are forwards (Samu, Faulkner, Uelese, Pone, Sa'aga, Ulugia, Valetini, Leota, Afa Amosa). Even on top of that predominately front row

Only really CLL, Laloifi, Iona and Tuipulotu have played professional rugby of late in the backs.

Be interesting to see why this might be
It could have something to do with better diet and sanitary conditions in Victoria?

Rebels3

Jim Lenehan (48)
Well, that little rumour mill ended quickly.

View attachment 10368

(no, I haven't read the article).

He admits to have had talks with Scarletts, but says it was very informal and no money was ever discussed.

Probably going to stay in Aus rugby beyond his current contract, with RA interested in keeping him around. Hopefully thats at the Rebels.

I can honestly see him involved in the Aus set up this season on a part time basis if they get rid of the assistants.

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
He admits to have had talks with Scarletts, but says it was very informal and no money was ever discussed.

Probably going to stay in Aus rugby beyond his current contract, with RA interested in keeping him around. Hopefully thats at the Rebels.

I can honestly see him involved in the Aus set up this season on a part time basis if they get rid of the assistants.

I see it as a perfectly healthy thing for him to talk with other teams about coaching roles. The performance criteria in professional seem to be awfully tough, and you need to network so you can ensure long-term job security.

That said, I'm glad he wants to stick around in Melbourne. Greatest city and all that :)

I'd imagine there are long-term designs on him joining the Wallaby setup, but hopefully not too early. I'd rather him finish business down here in Mexico first.

Mr Wobbly

Alan Cameron (40)

Particularly if Jake White replaces Chieka, you know what I mean.

Dctarget

Tim Horan (67)
Fairly sure Sione Tuipolotu has signed with a french club.

EDIT: can't actually find confirmation of this, but I vaguely remember seeing something about him going to a div 2 French side floating around on my social media.

Rebelsfan

Billy Sheehan (19)
good news. although, Money Lab Pty Ltd is deregistered according to ASIC and The Money Lab is registered but has no ABN or any other information. It does have a web site though, so that's something LPG didn't seem to have

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
that new sponsor is only a little bit more happy than the last one.

He looks happier in this photo:

gareth-robinson.JPG

He's probably not happy in the Rebels photo because he's dreading us all looking at his godawful website. Mr Wobbly, please offer to fix it for them! I'd hate to see the result of a W3C audit!

Status
Not open for further replies.