• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Dear Mr Beat can you please thank all the kind folk at Manly.
kind regards and best wishes,
The Rebel Faithful

Scrappy game, enjoyed watching, picked at 11, changed to 15, finished at 10 - not allot of players could do that in a debut.

Both Reece and Jordy were picked up out after strong seasons in the Shute Shield - shows the value in the comp.

The longer the season goes the stronger Reece will get.

swingpass

Peter Sullivan (51)
Scrappy game, enjoyed watching, picked at 11, changed to 15, finished at 10 - not allot of players could do that in a debut.

The longer the season goes the stronger Reece will get.
was really impressed with his game against the Samoan XV, obviously last night also. it looked to me that he went to centre and Ellison to 10 for attack

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Thoughts for next week? Off to Pretoria to face the Bulls, who just got slapped around by the Stormers.

I'd normally see this as a great chance to get an all too rare win in the Republic, but given the injuries, the recovery from those conditions, plus the usual travel concerns, it's hard to see a win. Harris was a quad apparently, haven't heard about Debreczeni or Placid?

oztimmay

Tony Shaw (54)
Staff member
Thoughts for next week? Off to Pretoria to face the Bulls, who just got slapped around by the Stormers.

I'd normally see this as a great chance to get an all too rare win in the Republic, but given the injuries, the recovery from those conditions, plus the usual travel concerns, it's hard to see a win. Harris was a quad apparently, haven't heard about Debreczeni or Placid?

JD was a virus pre-match. Pulled out in the warm up. Would think he would be right for a game

Placid, I dunno. Didn't see what happened to him. Ellison was jsut cramps from what i can see, so he should be fine. Mikey had problems with that quad last year, hope he remembers how to tweak it.

We certainly have good cover, should he be ruled out #InHodgeWeTrust

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
We have to win in South Africa at some point. With it being one and home, we can go all out. Jack in for injured Harris would be my only change if possible. Stirzaker in for Snowden if fit. If Placid is ruled out, whatever outside back is available in. If the rotation starts early, then McMahon to bench after 80 minutes and what looked like a rib knock, Colby to start at 7.

Otherwise give the vast majority of both squad and starting side the chance to build on yesterday.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Well in that case I'm all aboard the win bandwagon. How good would a 2-zip start be?

I'm feeling better about the game now than I did at the time. They were seriously extreme conditions. Then to lose your flyhalf, back up flyhalf, and then another reserve back within the first, what, 20 minutes? Couldn't have had a worse start to the year. But they gutsed it out, senior players put their hands up, and they managed to score three tries to one. I thought McMahon was quieter around the park than usual, but more involved at the ruck than we've seen in the past - the next evolution in his game?

And because I have a perverse need to be that guy, Hodge conceded 8 turnovers all by his onesie. He did a lot of good stuff, but that is way outside the realms of acceptable - has to clean things up a bit. Still, he was under immense pressure and looks like he has the goods.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
We have to win in South Africa at some point. With it being one and home, we can go all out. Jack in for injured Harris would be my only change if possible. Stirzaker in for Snowden if fit. If Placid is ruled out, whatever outside back is available in. If the rotation starts early, then McMahon to bench after 80 minutes and what looked like a rib knock, Colby to start at 7.

Otherwise give the vast majority of both squad and starting side the chance to build on yesterday.

I didn't see the rib knock, I thought he was just completely cooked. Could definitely do worse than giving Colby a start though.

Sure I saw somewhere that Stirzaker isn't going. Staying in Melbourne and getting 100% right. I like what Placid brought before he got injured. I'd start him at fullback if he's fit.

Scooter

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Didn't Placid go off for the head bin? And didn't he come back on about 15 minutes later and play out the rest of the match?

Highlander35

Steve Williams (59)
Do we think we might look for some backup in a playmaker spot? I mean, we should have sufficient cover, Jack D, Hawkins and Hodge all play the 10/15 roles, plus we've got Placid and Crawford to play fullback. 12 weeks is a long time though, we could easily end up with a couple of injuries to those guys, chuck the fact that Ellison hasn't had such a great injury history with us, and I'm a touch nervous.

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Unfortunately Colby will be out of action for 4-6 with an elbow injury & I've heard Harris is out for up to 12 weeks
You're joking. Seriously shit news. Any idea what Harris is out with? 12 weeks isn't mucking around.

Had some shocking luck with injuries lately. Anyone heard anything about Crawford?

Tex

Greg Davis (50)
Christ, three months? Must have torn something properly... All I heard was that he had a sore quad in the warm up.

Shit house.

Rock Lobster

Larry Dwyer (12)
I wish I was wrong but I can tell you the scan results were not good. Mike has a bad tear in his quad & Colby will be in an elbow brace for 4 weeks after hyperextending it not long after he came on :(

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
Really do appreciate the inside info you can bring. Quads are not easy to tear, once they go they go pretty badly.

Super tough game from Colby playing through that. He put in some serious work at the ruck.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Do we think we might look for some backup in a playmaker spot? I mean, we should have sufficient cover, Jack D, Hawkins and Hodge all play the 10/15 roles, plus we've got Placid and Crawford to play fullback. 12 weeks is a long time though, we could easily end up with a couple of injuries to those guys, chuck the fact that Ellison hasn't had such a great injury history with us, and I'm a touch nervous.
You also have Asquith who can play the same positions as Harris 10/12/15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.