• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rebels 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The photo SMH printed of Tom Sexton looks like a cross between a mugshot and a deer in the headlights.

art-353-Sexton-300x0.jpg

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
I see that Angus Roberts from the Sydney University club will be given time at flyhalf and fullback in the first trial on Saturday, against the Waratahs.

Not too much should be read into this - nor in whom the Waratahs use there (probably Ben Volvola and Sam Lane) - but he's a good player in both positions at the club level.

But it will be interesting if the Waratahs use Bernard Foley at flyhalf when Roberts is playing there. Not only do they play the same positions and are similar types of players, but also they are from the same club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...nor/story-e6frf4qu-1226563708864#.UQZMJ_LGN3N

kronic

John Solomon (38)
Yeah, agree Lee Grant.

Interesting to see Timani moving overseas, can only be a good thing for Neville and Pyle with regards to Wallaby selection.

en_force_er

Geoff Shaw (53)
I see that Angus Roberts from the Sydney University club will be given time at flyhalf and fullback in the first trial on Saturday, against the Waratahs.

Not too much should be read into this - nor in whom the Waratahs use there (probably Ben Volvola and Sam Lane) - but he's a good player in both positions at the club level.

But it will be interesting if the Waratahs use Bernard Foley at flyhalf when Roberts is playing there. Not only do they play the same positions and are similar types of players, but also they are from the same club.

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...nor/story-e6frf4qu-1226563708864#.UQZMJ_LGN3N

Roberts, Beale, and O'Connor are all "playmakers". I wouldn't ideally want all in an XV, too many chefs.

Not that this will end up happening (at least I hope not) but it wouldn't work, remember the Brumbies "Tri-half" system?

James Buchanan

Trevor Allan (34)
Roberts, Beale, and O'Connor are all "playmakers". I wouldn't ideally want all in an XV, too many chefs.

Not that this will end up happening (at least I hope not) but it wouldn't work, remember the Brumbies "Tri-half" system?

For mine, it sounds like its a Trial and the coach is seeing how the new guy can play. Then he is seeing how JOC (James O'Connor) has recovered while giving KB (Kurtley Beale) some rest/training time.

Status
Not open for further replies.