• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Rd 9: Brumbies vs Lions, Saturday 13 April 7:45pm AEST

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Still no Pocock for the Brumbies for the game against the Lions but the 3 Wallabies who missed last week are back.

1. Scott SIO
  2. Folau FAINGA’A
  3. Allan Ala'alatoa
  4. Rory ARNOLD
  5. Sam CARTER
  6. Pete SAMU
  7. Tom CUSACK
  8. Lachlan MCCAFFREY
  9. Joe POWELL
  10. Christian LEALIIFANO
  11. Toni PULU
  12. Tom WRIGHT
  13. Tevita KURIDRANI
  14. Henry SPEIGHT
  15. Tom BANKS
REPLACEMENTS
  1. Josh MANN-REA
  2. James SLIPPER
  3. Leslie LEULUAIALII-MAKIN
  4. Darcy SWAIN
  5. Jahrome BROWN
  6. Matt LUCAS
  7. Irae SIMONE
  8. Andy MUIRHEAD

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Not good at all to still be without Poey. I would rather have seen either Samu or Brown at 7, though, and I'm not sure that Tom Wright is yet seasoned enough for the 12 spot. I'd like to see Tom get a few games at wing initially. He has the pace for the position and would give him an opportunity to work his wayinto the standard of play in Super Rugby.

However, I am going to stick my neck out and tip the Brumbies to win, not only this game but the next two away too. I believe, in form, they are second to the Rebels in the Aussie conference, and the time is right now to show that they are. Then with a string of home games later in the season, they are still a chance of making the playoffs.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Interesting that the way the game between the Crusaders and Highlanders panned out was very similar to the game and result between the Crusaders and Brumbies. If the Crusaders are as good as everyone seems to think, and their results tend to confirm that, then the loss last week maybe wasn't as dreadful as it seemed.

Anyway, the confidence is up for tonight's game. I hope I am vindicated by the end of the game.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies dangerous down the LHS. Pulu dancing down the touchline. A very quick back 3 for the Brumbies.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
McCaffery is probably the best player at the Brumbies.

He still won’t be invited to any Wallaby camps

LOL

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
10 tackle busts for T. Wright. Very raw prospect, and still making a few bad errors, but the potential is there. Will be a Wallaby I suspect.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Wright’s got terrific speed and leg drive.

His only problem in league was his defence.

Still like him at 12 though. Plenty of potential.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Wright’s got terrific speed and leg drive.

His only problem in league was his defence.

Still like him at 12 though. Plenty of potential.

Had a few defensive issues as a schoolboy as well. Seems to commit himself to the tackle well enough but technical problems are letting him down, much easier to fix than if he was just a cat.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
Well done Brumbs. Solid win against quality opposition

Powell is a World Cup Wallaby this year or I’ll give the game away

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Brumbies probably should have gotten a bonus point out of that but, to their credit, the Lions were good in the last 20. Great game in attack from pretty much all of the Brumby backs. Thought the Brumby pack also matched up pretty well against a high-quality Lions lineup.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
McCaffrey is still the second best no 8 in Australia.......... Again, I would have him in the Wallaby squad.

Powell's best game of the year........ getting back to some of that 2017 form.

Wright got better as the game went on....... really glad for that as it means there's no excuses to play Simone next week.

Banks - give him opportunities and he delivers......... if he played in a better team he'd probably be one of the leading try scorers.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Brumbies probably should have gotten a bonus point out of that but, to their credit, the Lions were good in the last 20. Great game in attack from pretty much all of the Brumby backs. Thought the Brumby pack also matched up pretty well against a high-quality Lions lineup.

It's disappointing not to get the BP........ still too many blown opportunities, forced passes being spilled.

Brumby Runner

Jason Little (69)
Again, inexplicably, we have a SA referee for a game in Australia involving a SA side. It just beggars belief.

Raster is essentially a 7s ref and imo not a very good one. He is not a quality 15s ref. Knows next to nothing about rolling mauls and the defensive offences committed by the Lions tonight. And given the Brumbies won with almost a bonus point it is not sour grapes on my part to bring this matter up.

There is just no justification for appointing a SA ref to take charge of a match in this country involving a SA team.

shanky

Darby Loudon (17)
McCaffrey’s problem is that he apparently doesn’t fit with the Wallaby ‘style of play’ (whatever that means)

Apparently Timu and Samu are not suffering from the same weaknesses

For me, at what point does Australian rugby NOT want a ball-playing no.8?

FFS. When did we want some random meat head instead?

For those who think McCaffery won’t step up to the next level? Well, watch the Rebels against test-quality defence last night

All of Nasirani, Jones and Leota were nullified. So, it’s not like any one player has all the answers.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Very entertaining. Some nice Rugby all round.

Fainga, McCaffrey, Powell, CLF, Banks, TK, Wright, even Speight all had great games.