• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qualifying Final 2: Brumbies v Chiefs. Sat. 19/07

Status
Not open for further replies.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Just realised this is on at the same time as Broncos v Warriors, to which our nephew & roughly 15 of his kiwi & PI workmates are going (via the Caxton, as I understand it). Doubt wifey will want to watch rugby in case she gets to see her 195cm, 135kg "bubba" on TV, hopefully he gets his mug onscreen early & I get to switch over. Or I could try the half time switcheroo & hope she doesn't notice.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Just realised this is on at the same time as Broncos v Warriors, to which our nephew & roughly 15 of his kiwi & PI workmates are going (via the Caxton, as I understand it). Doubt wifey will want to watch rugby in case she gets to see her 195cm, 135kg "bubba" on TV, hopefully he gets his mug onscreen early & I get to switch over. Or I could try the half time switcheroo & hope she doesn't notice.
Just make bubba take his mum to the match. Problem solved.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
No. 2 niece is up from the GC for the weekend, good chance they'll go roaming for the evening or at least invite some people around for drinks.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
2nd favorite niece? Sposed to keep those things quiet, can lead to familial angst ya knows.

hope she does not read rugby forums!

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)
guessing messrs Rennie and Wayne Smith will be keen to mix play up and not get dragged into watching boring old BrumbieBall like the rest of us. A.Cruden key ihomo, i expect plenty of dinky restarts, tinpot wee kicks, shonky Mcalister grubbers, quick taps, anything to disrupt the Brumbies from going about their tearfully-boring business.

Tangawizi

Peter Fenwicke (45)
How are ticket sales tracking? You'd think a season high attendance of 18k would be a must for such an important fixture.
Apparently around 13250 now. Thought it wouldve been higher but it won't be especially warm sitting outside down there.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Apparently around 13250 now. Thought it wouldve been higher but it won't be especially warm sitting outside down there.

I don't get this: people in Canberra have to go outside all the time. So how the fuck do they not own warm clothing?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
2nd favorite niece? Sposed to keep those things quiet, can lead to familial angst ya knows.

hope she does not read rugby forums!

2nd-oldest of the 3 on wifey's side, there's another 5 on my side & of course I love 'em all to bits. Ditto "her" 3 & "my" 2 nephews.

Back on-topic, NZ TAB has the Brumbies slight favs, $1.50 to $2.45, only giving a 3.5 start though. Apart from cold, it being Canberra, what's the weather gonna be like? Cold & dry prob favours the Chiefs backs, cold & wet the Brums pack & their kicking game. Heart says Chiefs, head says Brums by 5ish.

Merrow

Arch Winning (36)
2nd-oldest of the 3 on wifey's side, there's another 5 on my side & of course I love 'em all to bits. Ditto "her" 3 & "my" 2 nephews.

Back on-topic, NZ TAB has the Brumbies slight favs, $1.50 to $2.45, only giving a 3.5 start though. Apart from cold, it being Canberra, what's the weather gonna be like? Cold & dry prob favours the Chiefs backs, cold & wet the Brums pack & their kicking game. Heart says Chiefs, head says Brums by 5ish.

Much the same as last week, except colder. Didn't have rain last week either, well not until after the game anyway.

mst

Peter Johnson (47)
Much the same as last week, except colder. Didn't have rain last week either, well not until after the game anyway.
Game conditions should be good, no rain thus far during the day and only a less than 5% chance of rain with a kick-off temp of 5 dropping to 3 by full time.

Spectator conditions are predicted to be dry with a high chance of f*#king freezing. The *real feel temp for game time is predicted at -1 degree for the duration.

Cant wait!!!!! Go Brumbies.

I am worried how this lot will be showing their support for the Brumbies!

M

Moono75

Canberrans out in big numbers tonight......whoops wrong channel that's the golf.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
First blood Chiefs, 3-0, thought the Brum a tad unlucky but CJ does seem to give the attacking side some leeway which won't be an issue as long as he's consistent.

Pfitzy

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Wow fuck - Joubers correctly identifies and correctly punishes a professional foul.

The IRB will sack him.

Status
Not open for further replies.