• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade telling it how it is

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
most of the crap said about this bloke is just hyperbole and I dare guess it is from ill informed sources who haven't got a fucking clue what the bloke is really like.

The attempts at character assasination get a little tiresome after a while.

Well, let's see.
He put crap on the sport (the toxic comment - was it really true? who knows)
He put crap on the National coach
He said he would not play for the Wallabies if selected
He performed poorly for the past 18 months, bit still demands top of the range contract (which he previously refused to sign for 6 months)

Vomit? Vitriol?
I just don't like the bloke, and I don't see why I should not be allowed to say it.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
WTF? There's 5 minutes of my life I will never get back. What a rubbish article! I've heard mention of this "Sprios" guy on these site for some time now but never had the "pleasure" of reading any of his stuff. Gotta say, if this is the standard of writing out there, I should give it a crack!

You're right but, Joe Blow that should push us along! ;)

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
Well, let's see.
Ho put crap on the National coach
He performed poorly for the past 18 months, bit still demands top of the range contract (which he previously refused to sign for 6 months)

Vomit? Vitriol?
I just don't like the bloke, and I don't see why I should not be allowed to say it.

Thank you for proving my point!

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)
My post proved that my opinion is different from the opinion of someone else who may have the highest regard for QC (Quade Cooper).
Anything else, it is your interpretation.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
Well, let's see.
He put crap on the National coach
Vomit? Vitriol?

Ghibli - have you questioned the game plan, the Wallabies brand of football over the last 6 months???? If not what have you been watching - it has been horrid.
Most of the forum has,
Guess what - there is someone who maps out the game plan, chooses what to do, how to attack (sorry how to kick) - who is it?

I dont agree with how QC (Quade Cooper) communicated hos thoughts - but shit most of us arent happy with the Wallabies at the moment.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
Spiro does seem to be losing it - a year or so ago I found his articles contained a lot of insight, even if you didn't always agree. Today, it's often just opinion.
Maybe too much Retsina.

Penguin

John Solomon (38)
My post proved that my opinion is different from the opinion of someone else who may have the highest regard for QC (Quade Cooper).
Anything else, it is your interpretation.

Nope, it says that I don't like the bloke even though whats said in the papers may or may not be true & I've never met the guy but I'll tell the world I hate him because the internet lets me do so.

For what it's worth, I don't hold QC (Quade Cooper) or any other sports person in the highest regard.... they are after all just good at what they do & I otherwise don't know them from a bar of soap.

Or a tub of gel, as it were.......

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Spiro's got this gig sorted.

Now here is the crucial information that has not been revealed. Senior Wallabies (including Queensland players) informed the ARU they didn’t want Cooper back in the Wallabies squad.

See, take a sensational comment and slam it in the middle of the two main points of your article, no need to quantify or expand your statement, just let it hang out there like the lone floater in the bowl that just won't flush.

I look forward to his next article on how Quade and Khoder were seen swimming at Cheviot beach on the 17th of December 1967.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Spiro's got this gig sorted.

See, take a sensational comment and slam it in the middle of the two main points of your article, no need to quantify or expand your statement, just let it hang out there like the lone floater in the bowl that just won't flush.

I look forward to his next article on how Quade and Khoder were seen swimming at Cheviot beach on the 17th of December 1967.
For charity?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bullrush

John Hipwell (52)
Nope, it says that I don't like the bloke even though whats said in the papers may or may not be true & I've never met the guy but I'll tell the world I hate him because the internet lets me do so.

For what it's worth, I don't hold QC (Quade Cooper) or any other sports person in the highest regard.. they are after all just good at what they do & I otherwise don't know them from a bar of soap.

Or a tub of gel, as it were...

You seem more caught up in what the media says then some of us who don't like the guy based on what he's actually said and done.

The media doesn't make him tweet about toxic enviroments.
The media doesn't make him want to box.
The media doesn't make him say that he wants to play league with SBW.
The media doesn't make him steal laptops.
The media doesn't stop him making tackles.
The media doesn't make him say 'It's not about the money'.
The media doesn't make him protract ARU negotitations.
The media doesn't make him do televised interviews where he puts down the Wallabies and the coaching staff.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
The media doesn't make him tweet about toxic enviroments.
The media doesn't make him want to box.
The media doesn't make him say that he wants to play league with SBW.
The media doesn't make him steal laptops.
The media doesn't stop him making tackles.
The media doesn't make him say 'It's not about the money'.
The media doesn't make him protract ARU negotitations.
The media doesn't make him do televised interviews where he puts down the Wallabies and the coaching staff.

Yes he's made mistakes, and could have communicated his thoughts differently.
Toxic - incorrectly said 100% accurate.
Box - whats wrong with that, he might want to surf as well.
Tackes - improving.

The ARU also could have pulled him aside and assisted in navigating through - instead he got hung out, and when trying to navigate he dug a deeper whole.

Ricky Ponting - had a dodgy start.
Shane Warne - had issues.
World series cricket - rebelled.

On the padock he is a very talented rugby player, I'd like to see people work with him. He has been off the paddock for the majority of 18 months and the test rugby I've watched has been ordinary.

Status
Not open for further replies.