• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper

Status
Not open for further replies.

alex5545

Bob McCowan (2)
What does everyone on here honestly think of QC (Quade Cooper)? Do you think leaving Gits out is a mistake?

I honestly reckon QC (Quade Cooper) is overrated and is only good with the ball in hand running the ball and does not offer much else except average goal kicking and is awful on defense. Most the reason he looks good on attack is because of the man in front of him. Genia could make even the worst flyhalfs look good on attack.

Dropping Giteau is a huge mistake that could cost the cup because Cooper will just stand there watching the players run past instead of tackling them and let them score the winning tries. Barnes is the last hope now.

FiveStarStu

Bill McLean (32)
He has a hot missus.

Other than that, take it or leave it. Still get a tad uncomfortable every time he has ball in hand.

G

GC

Best passing game since Ella, great running game - takes the line and doesn't crab. Poor defence but not nearly as bad as many make out. Far far better than Gits.

We've been over this before - search for the earlier thread.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I think the positives far out weight the negatives. He can underplay his hand with the right coaching. Yes Genia does help his game, but he helps Genia's game also. The twin running threat and twin passing threat gives them both more room.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Easily the second best ten on the planet. Can do things in attack that even the best ten can't do. Currently overplaying his hand - needs to settle down.

A fantastic member of the Wallabies team, who would be extremely hard to replace.

Unlimited potential.

J

Jay

For all his faults (some of which are over-stated) he's the best option you've got at 10. I'd be far more confident facing the Wallabies with Giteau at 10.

And I agree that Genia is the real key at the moment - the threat of his sniping runs and world's best short passing game keeps the defence honest and gives Cooper the room to move.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Easily the second best ten on the planet. Can do things in attack that even the best ten can't do. Currently overplaying his hand - needs to settle down.

A fantastic member of the Wallabies team, who would be extremely hard to replace.

Unlimited potential.

Thanks Groucho. +++111. And a massive boon for fan pull into Aus rugby. I have rarely if ever found the kind of virulent Cooper-hate that occasionally - and grossly unfairly - appears here from time to time in the many 'general public' Reds or Wallabies fans (old or new) that I come across and know.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
What does everyone on here honestly think of QC (Quade Cooper)?

I think he has added the life to the Wallabies attack that we've so desperately needed. We're now consistently putting on enough tries in test matches to win them. His general kicking game and counter attack is amongst the best in the world.

His defence is a problem but is being mitigated by having him defend at fullback which is assisting his ability to counter attack.

Do you think leaving Gits out is a mistake?

No. It was a tough call but I agree with it. I don't think he makes our top 22 anymore and from all reports, if he's not in the team he becomes a negative influence on the whole squad. I think he is a bit past his best and no longer provides the attacking flair he once did.

I honestly reckon QC (Quade Cooper) is overrated and is only good with the ball in hand running the ball and does not offer much else except average goal kicking and is awful on defense. Most the reason he looks good on attack is because of the man in front of him. Genia could make even the worst flyhalfs look good on attack.

Whilst Genia is the best halfback in the World, I don't think you can put everything down to him. Giteau has had the opportunity to play with Gregan and Genia.

Dropping Giteau is a huge mistake that could cost the cup because Cooper will just stand there watching the players run past instead of tackling them and let them score the winning tries. Barnes is the last hope now.

Again, I disagree. in the last year with Cooper at 10 we've beaten South Africa on the High Veldt for the first time in 40 odd years (Giteau was in the starting XV for this game). We've beaten France by a record score in Paris (Giteau wasn't in the XV), we've won 2 of our last 3 against the All Blacks (Giteau played in Hong Kong).

I don't think there is any contest anymore in terms of who should be playing 10. It is Cooper. Giteau's shot was to be picked at 12. Deans considers that McCabe and Barnes are both better options.

biggsy

Chilla Wilson (44)
If QC (Quade Cooper) stays with rugby I believe he will be the best number 10 we have had for awhile maybe ever with age,

But Im a big fan of Quade, I was at the game where he had a shocker and people where riding him off, to today where more people are watching the game because of him.

Git is boring and had his chance, he off to overseas now. Fit in there with his kicking game

But if he goes to the other code he can get fucked. :p

Also i was at the game over the weekend and was the world best number 10 playing cant recall. :)

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Thanks Groucho. +++111. And a massive boon for fan pull into Aus rugby. I have rarely if ever found the kind of virulent Cooper-hate that occasionally - and grossly unfairly - appears here from time to time in the many 'general public' Reds or Wallabies fans (old or new) that I come across and know.

RH, I see some similarities in the reaction of rugby traditionalists to Quade, and the reaction of cricket traditionalists to the phenomenon of 20/20. I think a lot of the shock is just shock of the new. It's not just the play - Spencer, Larkham and Ella did similar things a long time ago - but the package. I reckon Quade and the curmudgeons will soon enough get used to each other.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Did this a whiles back for those who care. Fair warning to delicate Kiwis - Quade Cooper wasn't the worst test level tackler to play 1st five this year. I don't think the player in question is missed overly so no doubt you'll live.

worst-tacklers-in-the-s15

Garryowen

Larry Dwyer (12)
Love almost everything about his game. My key concern is his defence. I disagree with all the apologists - he is the worst defender I have seen playing top flight rugby in the professional era. It shouldn't be hard to rectify, being clearly down to attitude, but I suspect it will not be rectified any time soon.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
What does everyone on here honestly think of QC (Quade Cooper)? Do you think leaving Gits out is a mistake?

Ahh it's starting.. these Kiwi trolls are going to get annoying closer to the RWC.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Since he defended mostly at fb you could compare him to the likes of gerrard, which the stats prove a feeling I've had about him for a while - he is very overrated as a defender.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
A guy with great rugby skills (excluding tackling) who unfortunately has the mentality of a delinquent 12 year old.

Sorry, calling the mods. This is just flagrant abuse of a fine player. Do you know this to be true Blue? What evidence do you have to attack a player in this condescending, holier-than-thou, condemning manner?

I have actually met and had quite lengthy chats with QC (Quade Cooper) on two occasions (have you?). As Link has publicly said numerous times, with sincerity: QC (Quade Cooper) thinks intensely about the game, he talks intelligently about what he does and how he does it and and what he wants to achieve. He is not at all egotistical or vain in person. In fact, in person, he's humble, warm and utterly self-effacing. He's openly admitted to his mistakes and, I'm quite convinced, is working hard to grow as he person in a fishbowl environment with, no doubt, advice from every quarter on every aspect of how he should live, and play. He's superb with the many school kids he visits and inspires and they leave just loving their meetings with him (he comes back to my son's school often to see and encourage the rugby boys there, and where he attended a few years back).

Critique him objectively as a player - he's only played a major role in revitalising rugby throughout Australia and contributed to two major championship wins as TOCC has stated - but do not attack him in this manner unless you can back it up with hard facts and decent evidence, and balanced with an objective assessment of his personal qualities.

Status
Not open for further replies.