• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Quade Cooper; where does he go, what does he do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sandpit Fan

Nev Cottrell (35)
Quade will stay in Brisbane, sign a 5 year contract, become a perfect role model, marry someone hotter then Steph Rice and guide QLD to numerous championships whilst helping the Wallabies win the Bledislode, Lions Series and World Cup.

Whatever you're on, I want some!!

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm sure he could fight against a retired jockey on the undercard of a Mundine fight.

What a night of entertainment.
Quade could fight a 50kg jockey
SBW could fight a 45 year old out of shape security guard
Mundine could fight against someone who was good 10 years ago.

It would be a spectacle to behold.

/sarcasm

liquor box

Peter Sullivan (51)
Obviously Khoder Nasser is something of a different level but don't hate on the player managers.

They have no club loyalty for obvious reasons, they are merely businessmen trading in assets and the assets they happen to trade in are athletes.

It's up to the players to mitigate and rationalise their deals with personal values, managers just deal the hand they're dealt.
they should have some loyalty for the sports that make them an earning, if they want to talk to other sports then just do it and dont make it public. If they keep their sports in good health then in the long term there will be a bigger pool of money.

C

Cave Dweller

He is very good on Twitter. He is a great help in spreading rumors. You can make up everything on there a day later it will be in the paper. I am working on one but dunno which player to choose.

Would love to see SBW against Butterbean though

todd4

Jim Clark (26)
He is very good on Twitter. He is a great help in spreading rumors. You can make up everything on there a day later it will be in the paper. I am working on one but dunno which player to choose.

Would love to see SBW against Butterbean though

Butterbean now has his own cop show on foxtel, I saw the promo for it.

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
One thing with our beloved QC (Quade Cooper), it may be 'quick' but it will NOT be without: fanfare, drama, rumour and counter rumour, masses upon masses of tweets of vast range and tone, irrelevant Instagrams, tears, smiles, new versions countering old versions, accusations, denials, statements and counter statements, regrets and counter regrets, 17 versions of how many $s were involved or might be involved or could be involved, partnership breakups, multiple media conferences....and finally, from QC (Quade Cooper) there will be said '...hey bro, this is what I always wanted, just want to thank everyone for their support...'.

And so it came to pass, in the beginning there was the player manager's leaking, and the process of Quadeos (Quade-induced chaos) commenced:

http://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/s...-queensland-reds/story-e6frf4qu-1226346505114

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I have to say, watching the reds this season so far without QC (Quade Cooper) has given me much more respect for what he brings on the field. I'll admit I thought he was all flash and instinct, and that may once have been the case, but looking at the way he bossed around the players last year you can see how much that is lacking in the reds this year.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
You would think that if the "salary cap" is real at all (which I doubt) that QLD will have to sign Quade pretty soon if there going to offer him an upgrade of any note. R&M in the SMH today saying that Japan or the Broncos are the current rumors. Can't see the guy skipping a lions tour though.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
QC (Quade Cooper)'s reaction on the Rugby Club last night was very telling.

When asked about Genia leaving he said he was glad he was staying but wouldn't have been angry if he went as he should be thinking about his future.

Reading between the lines, the way he said it basically tells me he was thinking "Genia you bastard, now I am going to look like a mercenary when I leave for the money".

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
After winning a championship, it is pretty normal that they won't be able to afford to keep all their players.

When you look at their stars of Genia, Ioane, Horwill, Higginbotham, and Cooper, it would seem like a bit of a case of musical chairs. The Reds are unlikely to be able to afford the market price for all of them and if Cooper is the last one left without a contract, he might find himself looking elsewhere.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I thought the Reds had the lowest wages bill in the conference coming in at around the low $2000000 mark. That's some big pay rises if they are struggling to get under the cap.

Status
Not open for further replies.