• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Premier Rugby 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
The 12 is Nathan Russell

Norths competed really well until the game was out of their reach

Tom Pincus has gone on a bit of a scoring blitz since he took over the kicking duties 3 weeks ago. 59 points in 3 games or 49 in the last 2.

Uni have the week off now and will be hoping to fair better than the other teams who have come off the bye. Only wests in round 2 have won after the bye so far

Pretty sure Nathan Russell is still eligible for 20's (this year). Somehow always manages to get overlooked at the selection table. All be it a table for one these days.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Dallan Murphy is down in Melbourne training with the Rebels which is a bit of a loss for Brothers. The Rebels are suffering from a few injuries so hopefully he'll get some game time.

Greene should be back for Brothers this weekend. An important game for the Brethren as many other clubs are in a similar spot table wise.

GPS are flying under the radar. They're showing good consistency but the Tigers are due for a win. A real difficult game to predict.

girtbysea

Ted Fahey (11)
Dallan Murphy is down in Melbourne training with the Rebels which is a bit of a loss for Brothers. The Rebels are suffering from a few injuries so hopefully he'll get some game time.

Greene should be back for Brothers this weekend. An important game for the Brethren as many other clubs are in a similar spot table wise.

GPS are flying under the radar. They're showing good consistency but the Tigers are due for a win. A real difficult game to predict.

Not sure why Greene would be back in clubland. Reds at home to Cheetahs. He will get a solid 80 minutes sitting on his backside I would have thought.

T

TOCC

Greene missed out on the bench last week against the Stormers, and Paia'aua played really well in his limited time on the pitch, I reckon they will stick with Duncan on the bench and Greene will return to clubland. He could use the game time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Haha is optimism frowned upon in these forums now?

Everyone keeps trying to talk their teams down or give excuses as to why teams CAN'T win. How about we start looking at reasons why teams can win and commend those who are giving it a go?

Or maybe i'll chalk that up to sour grapes hey Bulldog.

No sour grapes Big Dog and no problem with anyone pumping up their club's tyres I am just conscious that I don't want you counting your chickens before they hatch because that invariably means you will end up disappointed - I am glad to see other clubs in contention for the top 4 just disappointed that the Dogs aren't one of those clubs in 2016 but I will stick with them because I hope there are some wins around the corner for the Dogs.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Don't worry Bulldog. Brothers and Wests have only won one GF in the past 25 years. We're both due for a win.

Jamie8

Herbert Moran (7)
Don't worry Bulldog. Brothers and Wests have only won one GF in the past 25 years. We're both due for a win.

Surely not even the most one-eyed supporter would think Wests will even make the four, let alone win it in 2016.

Brothers on the other hand - they must be favourites to go all the way this year - they look like the guns of the competition.

Beer Baron

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Particularly if they can get Dallan and Greene for a good string of games.

Would be a great send off for Gendle. great player and bloke

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)

Filth those type of stats are TT like.

I think TT use to say 4 losses and you are on wood as far as finals footy goes, so sadly Wests won't return to the four in 2016 but there is still plenty to play for and some good times to be had at Kenmore this year.

I like the look of Filth 2016 though.

Good luck to you but I can't wait for the next instalment of Pilecki-Shaw trophy.

Bulldog

Nev Cottrell (35)
Wests have won one trophy back this year - the Paul Mooney (v Easts).

So that's one step ahead in 2016.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Disappointing to hear that Caleb Timu is out for the season. Big loss for Sunnybank. He was awesome against the Tigers in attack last weekend.

Prince Henry

Fred Wood (13)
Easts broke their duck today beating GPS in a close one. Intercept try sealed the result in the last minute. Well done Tigers, too good in the 2nd half.

warhorse

Bill Watson (15)
Souths continued on their winning way with a comprehensive 7 tries to 1 win over Wests doggies. Wests led 5 nil early then it was all one way traffic with the final score 47-5.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The Tigers are now on the board. Well done to em'.
A good win by Brothers yesterday. It is always a difficult road trip to make.

I watched a replay of the Bank v Norths this morning. The #9 and #10 for the Bank were excellent. The game was marred with a bit of a stoush with three players leaving the field. Norths will be disappointed that they didn't put on points with a one player advantage.

The top four teams have, at this present stage, quite significantly distanced themselves from the other five teams. GPS or Norths, in my mind are the favourites to challenge for a top four spot. Easts are gaining momentum and will upset a few of the top teams no doubt. It's a great time to be watching QPR footy.

gws

Allen Oxlade (6)
Yeah tough loss for the gps boys on the weekend. Didn't perform in the second half after being the more dominant team in the first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Uni v Bank this weekend will be a crucial opportunity for either team to cement their position on top of the ladder in the three 'premier' competitions.

Premier Grade 1st v 2nd.
Premier Reserve 1st v 3rd.
Premier Colts 2nd v 4th.

Brothers will not take Wests lightly this weekend as they usually turn up at Crosby Park. In 2014, Brothers just won the chocolates on fulltime after Sam Greene scored under the posts.

In 2015, Brothers nearly lost again after Wests came back in the second-half to nearly snatch victory but for a Mitch Felsman intercept try on fulltime.

Norths v GPS will decide who snatches the all crucial 5th spot on the ladder.

Can the Tigers continue their form by upsetting Souths at home?

Status
Not open for further replies.