• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Qld Premier Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Ladies Day at Sunnybank this weekend against Souths. It will be interesting to see if the Dragon's can continue their winning way this weekend after being beaten by the Magpies when they played on a Tuesday night in the first round.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Sorry Dan, I didn't mean it in an offensive way,(though some parts of Logan can be pretty scary!) :eek: I just wouldn't have the inclination to travel that far to watch, I only go to home games generally as I can walk there to watch.. other than an occasional game at Ballymore over the past couple of seasons. That & it's been my club since starting there as a junior in the late 70's, if they folded I wouldn't feel an affiliation with any other club. It's just the way it is I guess.
Na Penguin, didn't really get upset over your reply mate, just having a wind up, (and hell there parts of Logan I keep clear of), I can assure you noone in Logan club would go along with an amalgamation anyway, I was just more thinking how much it would cost to move club to new fields, it not cheap, we got it through Council and State Government, and Souths would not get backing of Logan Council as they are rightly so a proud Brisbane club!!

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
The only way Souths could move to Logan is if they amalgamated with Logan. I don't think many at both clubs would be keen for that.
In regards to Redlands they are lucky to be in the comp and I expect that they may go back to subbies next year based on the performance of their teams so far this year. They couldn't have a contested scrum on the weekend and thats not what you want at this level. I think the QRU should be on the look out for a club/area to take over from them for next year. Toowoomba or Ipswich would be good, maybe even Goodna.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
In regards to the success of Wests so far this year I have to say I am quite impressed. I have made comments in the past about Mooney's coaching and he is showing this year that he may well have the ability that I had questioned in the past. Also having had a bit to do with him he is a really nice guy (I never questioned that). Along with GAGR's own Scott Allan they are doing good things at the Kennel. It would be great if they could get more school leavers involved in their colts program. They should be able to filed 3 Colts teams given their location.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Question to Tigerland-(because he is from Easts) and other rugby enthusiasts regarding Matt Brandon! From what I have seen and heard, do you agree with me that he should get a run on the bench for the Reds?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
I saw him play against GPS he looked pretty darned good then. But it's hard to tell if he's good enough to play super rugby from one game.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Question to Tigerland-(because he is from Easts) and other rugby enthusiasts regarding Matt Brandon! From what I have seen and heard, do you agree with me that he should get a run on the bench for the Reds?
I wouldn't say off the bench, but he should of gotten an EPS contract over UJ and Dallan Murphy in my slightly bias opinion. He definatly marshalls the team around, has a great kicking game and attacking flair. He still manages to direct traffic even when the pack is going backwards.Defensively he is OK.

I think his chances in Australia are running thin though, the Force definatly should of picked him up this season. I would not blame him if he left for France or Japan, because he definatly has the quality and at 25(?) he isn't too old.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
For those interested in watching 5 mins of Easts spectacular come back on Saturday - check this out. It is on Easts website. Still haven't stopped grinning over that final score. Good job Tigers.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
For those interested in watching 5 mins of Easts spectacular come back on Saturday - check this out. It is on Easts website. Still haven't stopped grinning over that final score. Good job Tigers.

All there games are posted on Vimeo.

Which makes me wonder why QRU don't post all the games online as they record every premier grade game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
After watching that clip I think Brandon has to be picked up somewhere. I see a cult following for him based on his kicking style. The right leg lift is a nice little addition.

twenty seven

Tom Lawton (22)
After watching that clip I think Brandon has to be picked up somewhere. I see a cult following for him based on his kicking style. The right leg lift is a nice little addition.
I noticed that as Tigers scores got closer to overtaking Uni's score they started their charge at the kick earlier and earlier. The charge is only allowed to commence when the kicker is in a forward motion toward the ball, orso I thought. They started when he stepped back for his last two conversions, I think it was. Came close too - wonder if the ref would have pinged them.

East Coast Aces

Johnnie Wallace (23)
I noticed that as Tigers scores got closer to overtaking Uni's score they started their charge at the kick earlier and earlier. The charge is only allowed to commence when the kicker is in a forward motion toward the ball, orso I thought. They started when he stepped back for his last two conversions, I think it was. Came close too - wonder if the ref would have pinged them.

I believe u can start to charge it down when the kicker starts his run up. So if his run upstarts going backwards first or with a very slow first step it should be fine. And I'd have him over Murphy anyway. We all know rangas r only good for the grunt work. Not for creativity and control of the game.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
After watching the clip I am seriously thinking of tipping Wests over Uni this weekend.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
After watching the clip I am seriously thinking of tipping Wests over Uni this weekend.

In days of yore, this would have been the match of the round.
Sadly Juliano Gardinero has called stumps & Noddy has his own fight.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Looks like young Jared Butler destined for higher honours next year with a step up from the Academy - great to see
Are you saying he's in next years top squad What2040? Great if true. He reminds me of Leroy Houston, but with a much greater work ethic.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
So Enever is 23rd man for the Reds this weekend. Another possibility for next years squad then?

Does that mean he misses the club game?

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
Enever and Buttler are in the squad for the rest of the season I'm pretty sure as injury covers. Which indicates Buttler may replace Higginbotham and Enever replaces Humphries for next season. Both been in great club form, well deserved if true. And Speccy Enever will be playing.

Status
Not open for further replies.