• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS Rugby 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I would not be making any tips on TSS v BBC until you know who is playing.Lots of injuries in both camps.Both 10s doubtful:and we heard 13 & 14 for BBC are out(for the year?) and 11 for TSS out.
NC must be licking their lips.

Nah u win it in the forwards first then 12, 13, 15 or whoever. BBC forwards still there, so still one of the favourites

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
ScreenHunter 21 Aug. 03.jpg

Dusky W

Allen Oxlade (6)
Round 4 Tips
TSS will beat BBC, purely based on TSS looking to regain pride after last weeks effort (and BBC's backs struggling). But I am going on other peoples assessments of BBC here.
TGS to beat BSHS - I havent seen TGS this year but to push NC means they have something going for them. BSHS don't defend for the full 70 minutes.
GT will beat IGS if they contain 8, 11 and 12 and either get their own lineout in order or disrupt IGS's.
ACGS are a good scrappy team and should beat BGS. Unfortunately ACGS have a boring attack once they get into the 22; it takes me back to the days of unlimited tackle in league where teams would run it from dummy half and take 1/2 meter each time until they scored after 80 play-the -balls. Pick and drives kill me (and Australian rugby). BGS could get the upset if they have >40% of possession and their fullback and wing get enough kick return opportunities.
If Downlands play NC, I hope they remember NC kept them out of the GPS system to protect their GPS boarding monopoly (for Catholic students) and soften them up for IGS next week.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
Will BGS be able to record a victory against the Blue and Grey at Northgate for the first time in, well, a while?

I did some digging and it looks like Churchie have owned Northgate since 2000. Grammar might never have beaten Churchie on Northgate since acquiring the fields in the ~90s (from the top of my head)

In 2015, Brodie Croft starred in Rd 9 to win 55-18 at Northgate. Su'a was rested for the game and played Broncos U20s that night.

In 2013, an Izaia Perese hat trick got Churchie to a 17-7 win at Northgate.

In 2011, in a potential premiership decider, Churchie edged BGS 26-19.

In 2009 Grammar didn't win a game, so Churchie clearly won at Northgate.

In 2007 - I couldn't find anything. Assume Churchie.

In 2005 Churchie didn't lose a game under Pocock and Quade.

In 2003 Churchie were also undefeated with Karmichael Hunt, but tied with TSS. Still, another win at Northgate.

Hound

Bill Watson (15)
5 Aug Round 4 tips
TSS - Will be hurting from last week.
TGS - Very Hard to beat at home
IGS - Depends on which IGS team turns up.
ACGS - Church grinds away and doesn't miss many first up tackles. With their center pairng I don't understand why they don't run the ball more.

The real Wally

Frank Nicholson (4)
From the games I have seen live and streamed I think IGS lost the game against Churchie through not turning up until the second half. IGS score well constructed tries and at times play some attractive Rugby. Churchie would seem to have an inability to play attractive rugby. The pack are scrappers and love the wrestle. Pick and drive has been hammered into them by the coaches. Last week the Churchie pack and some of the backs got white line fever. For the last 7 mins of the game Churchie were camped in the quarter and yet continued to smash it up. The Churchie 10 did not guide them around well and spent most of his time out on the wing. There were opportunities for the 10 or 15 to take a field goal near the end where they could have thrown the ball over and they also failed to use the Aussie rep at outside centre who is one of the most damaging runner in the comp. Most of the last 5 mins the 10 spent flopping into the ruck rather than organising and then spilled the ball straight into the hands of the GT 10 who ran 50 metres to remove all pressure. The halfback took a quick tap rather than going for a goal that would have been easily kickable. Churchie should have won.
GT dropped way too much ball last week and will need to play better this weekend to hold off IGS who can score tries from all parts of the field.

TheKing

Colin Windon (37)
The King's Round 4 Tips (9/12 thus far)

TSS @ BBC

TSS are on the precipice of disaster. They've not won since 2010 but have always finished in the top three. The "perennial contenders" will have to be renamed the perennial bridesmaids if they don't beat BBC.

They'll come out swinging and keep their season alive in a tight one. Three-point win

GT @ IGS

Do we dare believe that Ipswich will front up to two games in a row? Terrace's attack has been spluttering through the first three rounds but their defence has been very tough to crack.

These factors lead me to think Terrace will win by 11-pts, keeping their season alive one more week.

ACGS @ BGS

As far as I can tell, Churchie are undefeated on Northgate this millennium. That should continue in 2017, but I hope we see Churchie have a crack out wide where BGS are weakest instead of muscling up through the middle.

I don't expect they will, so I'm calling a close 5-pt win to Churchie.

BSHS @ TGS

I haven't yet seen Toowoomba play, but on the strength of their results you have to tip them against a pretty ordinary State High side.

For all their years whinging about Sione Fukofuka as head coach, I suspect those same critics will be missing him right now. TGS by 15

Digby2016

Ward Prentice (10)
"IGS who can score tries from all parts of the field."
That is for sure-especially when big 11 plays 10 off set piece.
Is Rapana back ?

human

Bob McCowan (2)
So TSS have a full squad & BBC have 9,13 and 14 out .

Miraculous recovery by TSS 10.

10 man rugby by BBC ?me thinks

...if Totai Kefu spends as much time on the field for BBC, against TSS as he did against BGS, BBC are a sure thing. It could have been League from that perspective.

human

Bob McCowan (2)
BGS can play - they dominated & led TGS at half-time, were a point down to Nudgee and 7 down to BBC before the bigger bodies ran over them in the second half. 15 is very special (as others have said); 10 is sound but too lateral for my liking; 11 is young but over-commits in defence too often & is beaten on the outside; the pack is good but small other than 3. There could be some shuffles this week.

Oldschool

Jim Clark (26)
.............If Downlands play NC, I hope they remember NC kept them out of the GPS system to protect their GPS boarding monopoly (for Catholic students) and soften them up for IGS next week.
..........No chance of that Happening. NC are rolling out their 2nds. The firsts have their feet up.

Gungenia

Billy Sheehan (19)
BGS can play - they dominated & led TGS at half-time, were a point down to Nudgee and 7 down to BBC before the bigger bodies ran over them in the second half. 15 is very special (as others have said); 10 is sound but too lateral for my liking; 11 is young but over-commits in defence too often & is beaten on the outside; the pack is good but small other than 3. There could be some shuffles this week.

I agree 100% AND they do not give up

Blanco

Ward Prentice (10)

So when they start giving points for half time victories or alternatively only behind by small margins at half time, they could be in the hunt?

Status
Not open for further replies.