• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

armatt

Fred Wood (13)
Yeah i also heard there was a prop 10 minutes in the sinbin or something for the end of the game? apparently the offense was pretty blatant though.
sucks for bbc, lose one player and 4 tries are scored on them. thats a rough finish. kudos to bgs though, sounds like they played pretty well. how was greene? still the player to watch this season? ive only seen one bgs game (vs tgs) and he was brilliant in that..

Greene was very good by schoolboy standards but it wasn't his most outstanding per se. On the other hand, he managed the game and underplayed his hand well (as much as is possible with that scoreline).

C

Chicka red

Having seen a few of the GT games this year to date & especially GT v NC how does the no 10 paddy james for NC fail to make QLD 1 or 2 this kid seems to miss out on the selections & would have to be the most underated 10 in GPS. If the sides were selected now he would be a certainty together with the Gt #12 on current form

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Hmmm . a minor detail . perhaps BBC being reduced to 14 players in the last 10 minutes had a little something to do with the game opening up??
FYI . I believe BBC have led at half time in every match this season . soon some team is going to cop a full 70 minutes from them.

You're quite right, But whose fault was it that #1 Sala was sent off? If his yellow was the soul reason BGS scored 4 tries in those 10 minutes he has no one to blame but himself. It is 1st XV rugby and to be putting blatant shoulder charges on your opposition and getting sent off isn't good enough, nor an excuse to lose matches.
Better Discipline from BBC needs to be seen here. From my previous experiences, I always remembered BBC being 'the nice guys'...

Hairy Test Eagle

Ward Prentice (10)
Having seen a few of the GT games this year to date & especially GT v NC how does the no 10 paddy james for NC fail to make QLD 1 or 2 this kid seems to miss out on the selections & would have to be the most underated 10 in GPS. If the sides were selected now he would be a certainty together with the Gt #12 on current form
Paddy James has been a standout in every game this season. I too am unsure of why he has not had higher representative honors.

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
Paddy James has been a standout in every game this season. I too am unsure of why he has not had higher representative honors.
There was a lot of competition for the spot with the #10 from TGS, GT, BGS and ACGS all being good candidates. But I agree he has played very well and surely could have been slotted into one of the GPS teams

Karl

Bill McLean (32)
Good to see my old Alumni TSS surprising a few people. Damn shame to hear about their third XV being such tools.

Do you think the coaches read this site? Maybe they should, and the Headmasters too

SeaEagles

Allen Oxlade (6)
I've seen half a dozen First XV games this year of various schools and have to say that I am extremely impressed with the standard of rugby being played and the competitive nature of all of the games - credit to all the teams and coaches. My tips for the week:

TSS over TGS by 6. This will be close and only the fact the T-bar Boys are off the range makes me lean to TSS and their speedy backline.

NC over IGS by 15. Again travel the determining factor and Nudgee hitting their straps should be enough to send the Switch home on the wrong side of the scoreboard.

Churchie over BGS by 3. Tipping an upset here. Grammar were exposed by BBC last week for most of the match. Churchie will finally lift and eek out a victory in the annual grudge match.

GT over BSHS by 18. Comfortable victory for GT here. BSHS have lost it.

And in the bye BBC should over come a much improved Downlands by 20

Red Black

Larry Dwyer (12)
3/4 last weekend-makes me 10/16
TSS d BSHS by 20+
GT d NC by 2
BGS d BBC by 10+
IGS d TGS by 5 (I'd say IGS are going to try and play a really forwards based game, whilst TGS will try and dominate through the backs)
2/4 last week...makes me 12/20
TSS d TGS by 7
NC d IGS by 5
BGS d ACGS by 10
GT d BSHS by 15

Taipan168

Dave Cowper (27)
Round 6 tips
TSS d TGS by 2
BGS d ACGS by 3
NC d IGS by 6
GT d BSHS by 3

I will be watching NC v IGS game.
Match of the round Southport v TGS.

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Tips!
TGS Def TSS by 3
ACGS def BGS by 5
NC def IGS by 10
BSHS def GT by 7
State high will rack up a win this week so long as their defence steps up. They have a fine attack, just need to work on the defence

U

Usain Bolt

BGS are the best coached team in the comp and won't make the same mistakes this week as it did against BBC which they won in any event. TGS can't beat TSS at TSS. NC will get IGS at NC but will be the game of the round. GT will be fired up from getting belted by NC last week. BSHS have dropped more grade 12 players for U16s and have truly lost the plot. Worst coaching performance in the history of the school. GT by 15+.

3 in a Row

Tips
Tgs d Tss by 5: Tgs to come down the mountain and beat the tss boys through their quick backline.
Acgs d Bgs by 7: Churchie to bounce back after a shocking season to regain some pride this year.
Nc d Igs by 15: The nudgee backline to fire this weekend on Ross and rack up some points.
Bshs d Gt by 5: Terrace defense was shaky last week when the no 13 went off, need to improve if they want to win. That said so does the state high defense. State high in the upset here.

B

Boomboom

Well GT just lost to nudgee by 37 points. Nudgee beat state high by 20 points. Go figure big dog. Tipping with my head matey, I'm a bit of a stats man.
Well GT just lost to nudgee by 37 points. Nudgee beat state high by 20 points. Go figure big dog. Tipping with my head matey, I'm a bit of a stats man.

Are you retarded, obviously that score is not reflective of the team. Gt lost to igs by 2, tgs by 5 and beat bbc. State high haven't won a game, and there coach has just dropped, vai, Agresta , tai, and their outside centre.

State high have lost by close to 30 points each week. Screw your head on straight.

Gt had the potential to challenge nudgee. Obviously they chocked under the pressure.

Love to see churchie with a win this weekend. Pride will get them over the line. Nudge will win, igs are a rubbish side and should be down with terrace on the table.

Tgs v TSS easily the round to watch. TSS having a cracker middle season, and tgs are generally a strong team. TSS to win by 5

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Gt had the potential to challenge nudgee. Obviously they chocked under the pressure.

Please explain?

I'd argue Terrace were never going to win that match

Anyway,

Churchie v Grammar game will be interesting. Its hard to back the blue and grey in this one, serious injuries and other issues going on there looked to have seriously derailed any plan of a centenary premiership. BGS appear to be real contenders this year its now a matter of mentality and experience, something they have plenty of. A Greene-led BGS by 10
Nudgee v Ippy looks to be a tight one as surely the loser is out of the title hunt. Both come in with two of the biggest forward packs in the competition. The Tuttle-train is currently back on track after the earlier loss to TSS and many are expected them to put IGS to the sword. Don't write off the boys from Ipswich though, they have been building this age group very steadily and really appear to be a well-coached team(helps when you have the best schoolboy tighthead prop in Australia.. Tuttle-train to keep rolling, Nudgee by 7
TSS v TGS will go right down to the wire, this is a real rivalry round and as others have eluded to, this looks to be the game of the round based on form. Both have punishing forward packs (Potgeiter, Findlay-Hennaway, Bougoure, Tarr) and lightning backs (Cooney, Fiela, Placid, Third, Deck). Draw

The other fixture could be a real opportunity for BSHS to get on the board however Terrace look the more promising of the two, I'd expect it to be over rather quickly. GT by 20

Status
Not open for further replies.