• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD GPS Rugby 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
these BBC injuries keep adding up and its not a good sign for the beginning of their season, could still do some damage towards he end of the season when some players return, causing some upsets for so-far successful teams

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
Having seen BGS play, they might not win the comp but will cause plenty of trouble. Their mid field is excellent, and that was without their gun player when I saw them. Their ten is a worry. Stands too deep and puts too much pressure on the 12. He is good enough to dif himself out of the rot but the 10 can't keep doing it.
IGS won't trouble anyone except the canteen operator when their 3 lets loose :)

L

LightDarkBlue

Having seen BGS play, they might not win the comp but will cause plenty of trouble. Their mid field is excellent, and that was without their gun player when I saw them. Their ten is a worry. Stands too deep and puts too much pressure on the 12. He is good enough to dif himself out of the rot but the 10 can't keep doing it.
IGS won't trouble anyone except the canteen operator when their 3 lets loose :)

I completely agree with this. I think many teams won't prepare for BGS as they do for teams such as Nudgee and ACGS and for that reason will get surprised and beaten, North Gate in particular, as BGS has some of the best supporters in the GPS and turn the main oval into a fortress

Corne Uyc

Chris McKivat (8)
I completely agree with this. I think many teams won't prepare for BGS as they do for teams such as Nudgee and ACGS and for that reason will get surprised and beaten, North Gate in particular, as BGS has some of the best supporters in the GPS and turn the main oval into a fortress
Time to get that light blue and dark blue hat off and look at Northgate with some reality. A fortress? Oh please. The Grammar win percentage there is far from spectacular.
Hopefully that can change this year.
The field is so far from the spectators the game may as be played on the Gateway as you can hear the traffic more than spectators cheering. Fort

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Yeah Nigel was not looking in good shape walking around with crutches and looked quite sore. This key player missing for a few matches could mean the difference between a premiership and not winning

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Yeah Nigel was not looking in good shape walking around with crutches and looked quite sore. This key player missing for a few matches could mean the difference between a premiership and not winning

I imagine Schafer will be the replacement, pretty big loss but it won't determine their season just yet.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Hope everone knows that the BBC v BGS game has been switched to Northgate. Still a noon start.
The Barry Honan comp has seen lots of boys rolling around in mud, sometimes resembling rugby. Kiwi lads right at home. Pity the TSS groundsman.

light

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Pretty fair replacement also

Not half bad, I'd prefer to see Tanuvasa and Schafer starting but I think McClanahan's form warrants the starting 12 jersey and I don't think Schafer has been tried anywhere other than wing. Wouldn't mind seeing Watson at 15 at some point or a roll of the dice with Schafer, Churchie is really lacking a quality 15 after Dean Van Heteran switched schools. If they can find someone to fill that void I think they will have a real premier backline.

9. Quigley - QLD 1
10. Eason - QLD 1
11. Ioane - Oz Schools/QLD 1
12. McClanahan/Watson
13. Tanuvasa - QLD II
14. West
15. Hyne/Watson/Schafer

gbanger

Peter Burge (5)
Tuttle, Sikimeti and Postale will all be playing tomorrow according to nudgee. Only injury concern for the blue and white current is James Tuttle with a leg injury. Any idea who could replace him at halfback? Heard that Michael Tweedy or Jack Barnett may get a stint on the field in the number 9 jersey

T

theonceblueandwhite

shout out to terrace for putting up a great fight against the blue and white, 26-15 to nudgee but probs could've gone either way.

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
shout out to terrace for putting up a great fight against the blue and white, 26-15 to nudgee but probs could've gone either way.

yes terrace put up a great fight and unfortunately couldn't turn a few opportunities into points but that's the same for nudgee. Nudgee were definitely the better team (need to work on ball handling about 15 knock ons). IMO player of the match was GT #12 Kris Lorosa who shut Tuttle down and managed to score a great try but a shout out to the Nudgee team who played great. WARNING FOR ALL OTHER TEAMS Nudgee's #11 is a beast and everyone better play a defensive winger on him. I have no idea where he came from but he sure can run it. What was the result from the BSHS v BGS

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
also Nudgee suffered 2 serious injuries. The first was what looked like a broken collarbone to #4 (not sure of name) and #1 Dylan Sikimeti who came off late in the game and couldn't put any weight on his knee didn't look in good shape. Hope the best for these players in speedy recovery

V

vuna goona

yes terrace put up a great fight and unfortunately couldn't turn a few opportunities into points but that's the same for nudgee. Nudgee were definitely the better team (need to work on ball handling about 15 knock ons). IMO player of the match was GT #12 Kris Lorosa who shut Tuttle down and managed to score a great try but a shout out to the Nudgee team who played great. WARNING FOR ALL OTHER TEAMS Nudgee's #11 is a beast and everyone better play a defensive winger on him. I have no idea where he came from but he sure can run it. What was the result from the BSHS v BGS

V

vuna goona

yeah heard from the grape vine, that BBC loss to BGS 30-22. Grammar scored 3 tries, 3 penalties, BBC got 3 tries and 1 penalty goal

ippylad93

Bill Watson (15)
yeah heard from the grape vine, that BBC loss to BGS 30-22. Grammar scored 3 tries, 3 penalties, BBC got 3 tries and 1 penalty goal

woops I thought they were playing State High. good job from the light dark blue but the BBC team isn't what it was a few weeks ago. Today they would have been missing Lolo Fakioselia, Tom Banks, Josh Bowen, Gareth Kallell and Brayden Hood. Without those players they arnt as good a team that put up that great game versus GT. But I don't know about any grammar injuries but they returned from Rugby camp yesterday and wouldn't have been 100%. Were their only 2 trial games today?

Status
Not open for further replies.