• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
Nah, I think he will be around until the end of club season. To late a charge for the Olympics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NCWK

Allen Oxlade (6)
Evening lads, enjoy the footy this weekend, weather is set fair and all is in line for a great spectacle.

UQ v Bank (heart over head, UQ by 10)
GPS v Norths (Jeeps by 7)
Souths v Easts (Easts by 15)
Wests v Brothers (dogs by 3)

Looking forward to the games

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Brothers now 32-7

First bad scrum from Brothers 20 min to go

32-14 12 to go

32-21 3 to go

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
Round 17 saw a change of the leadership from NCWK to Refabit. The wins that made the difference were: those that chose The Bank (50%) were rewarded at the Dragons lair, whilst home ground advantage was not prominent for the Brothers win (33% got it) and Easts win (67%).
Three of us attained 75% on the test (HTC, Refabit & Sage) whilst three boys will be detained for detention (New Receuit_Brissy, NCWK and Phatmik) to write out a 100 times "Mud is not one of the 4 food groups." After 2 weeks of perfect scores Pharmik has relented his "godliness"; maybe it's the fact that he was in the "den of thieves" as he calls it; maybe the reception down there somehow transformed his tips into the wrong ones?? Nobody will ever know. Rumour is that he enjoyed the weather and the taunting of the NSW'men so much that he has bought a harbour view property and intends to take up residence permanently, to be amongst his new found friends.
Probably the most surprising game was the Easts win over Souths. Not so much that they won, it was the distance of the win and that caught most of us off guard with the points difference. Easts really wanted that win, but the Brethren with their win have firmly slammed the "semi's" door shut. GPS did their thing against Norths (whoo hoo) and The Bank shut my mouth with there hard fought win against UQ.
Next round is the final round and the race is still close for both winners and points difference.Whilst it may appear an easy round, there is still potential for up-sets that could change the "psychology" of some teams.
Legend: Hot Red 4/4, percentage increase, reserved for The Messiah or friends of the Messiah,Green Green Grass of Home - status quo; Cool Blue for declines either percentage or non "par" low score; and Dutch Brick for increase in percentage or one to watch, maybe "on the move".
The Tally:
1 (2).-..-.Refabit..-.- .. .3/4.. 43/56..- .(-759 points) - 77%
=2 (3).-...Sage .-..- -..3/4.. .42/56 .- ..(-748 points) - 75%
=2 (1) .-.-.NCWK ..-.. 2/4 ..33/44 .-.(-619 points) - 75%
3 (5) .-. HTC .-..-...3/4.-40/56.-.(-854 points) - 71%
4 (4)..-.. Phatmik..-.-..-2/4. -..25/36..-..(-607 points) - 69%
5 (=6) .-..N Dobell..-. -/-.. ..15/24.. ..(-400 points) - 63%
7 (=6)..-..New Rec. .-..2/4.-..17/28..- ..(-418 points) - 61%
To the results for the points difference was chalk and cheese, with either a reasonable to poor results or "blow-outs" achieved. Refabit won (well done!!) with -47 points, followed by Sage -54 then HTC on 60. There was one perfect score, guess who? Phatmik (UQ v The Bank) and quite a few close ones: 1 point Refabit and Sage (Brothers v Wests) and Refabit again getting within 1 point in the GPS v Norths game.....well done again.
Record points difference Phatmik (aka The Messiah, God, The Redeemer ..etc) Round 14 and humble HTC with -17 Round 10.

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
I really should have seen the Students stumbling after believing their own press. And its not the Finals, so they will reserve the best performances for then.
UQ still favourites.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
anyone at The Bank v UQ game? Refabit? Was a little surprised at the result. That has slowed the train substantially for UQ and maybe put some doubt in some players minds.

TJP

Allen Oxlade (6)
I watched it.Uni lost their 10 & 13 on the day before the game which must've had some impact. Uni's lineouts were atrocious.I stopped counting after they lost 10 lineouts.If they can fix this,then they'll be a serious threat but if they can't I can't see them winning any finals games.The Sunnybank 7 & 13 were their two standouts while the backrow of Uni looked good.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
The Wests v Brothers game.

Well one thing for sure Wests are a good team to watch. A very unassuming team that just does the basics so well and you have to "beat them", to win. The line-outs, tick, the scrum, three ticks and their break down is good; they have a brand of rugby which is more "old style" (and IMO the best), where they keep the ball "up", with support players there; more "kiwiesque" than the current "take the ball down, ruck, defense resets" style that Australia currently believes is the "right" way.

The only thing that holds them up against the better teams is their diversity of attack; as this is mainly through the forwards. That said the first try was free running out wide, with back-up inside. Early lead 7-0 Wests; the Rosary Beads started flickering. To Brothers credit they came back with 5 unanswered tries (two converted) to take the lead 29-7 at the oranges break. Brothers played well, where all the back line moves worked a treat. Brothers were winning the break down, actually dominant there, and the advantage gain line; there scrum was holding well and line-outs were still a worry, as they were not confident.

Brothers officials have asked to have the Wests oranges "tested" from half-time as they came out firing. The game was an arm wrestle for the first 15 min, until the Wests scrum went into overdrive and won a penalty mid-field to which they started their revival. A very productive period, mainly with pick n drives and support play, saw a good three tries put on. No nerves here the Rosy Beads had been transferred from the right pants pocket to the right breast pocket at half time.

A few observations for Brothers over the last 4-5 games:

• Some of their forwards are not fit enough (1,4 (didn't play this weekend and 5). That said they were a lot better than couple of weeks ago and I think they will continue to improve. They have all had injuries. Special call-out to #1 Latrell; Effie put it to you a couple of times, but you didn't lay down and by the end of the match, you were his equal..well done young man!
  • Their games have been of two halves, ever since The Bank game. I think one of the reasons maybe the timing of replacements. It seems if wholesale changes are made or not made as against Bond, then their game and potential dominance changes (of course soome of it is also the quality of the opposition). I understand the coaches predicament though as he is trying to give game-time to those who have been injured.
  • The break-down is critical as the games where they have lost in the second half is due to lack of ball possession. In the Bond game the second half they had the ball briefly three times; against The Bank and Wests I think it was about the same. Therefore turn-over ball is critical for them to change this.
  • Their discipline improved markedly against Wests and will be required in finals footy.
  • Harry Hoopert made his debut for the club which should bring some more confidence in the forwards. Welcome Harry!
For Wests: 1,2,3, 8 (3 meatpies!), 9 and 10
For Brothers: 23 (prop), 6,7, 10, 11 (3 meatpies!) and 13

All round all played well from both sides. A very good game of rugby.

The sage

Vay Wilson (31)
I watched it.Uni lost their 10 & 13 on the day before the game which must've had some impact. Uni's lineouts were atrocious.I stopped counting after they lost 10 lineouts.If they can fix this,then they'll be a serious threat but if they can't I can't see them winning any finals games.The Sunnybank 7 & 13 were their two standouts while the backrow of Uni looked good.

Don't worry the Brothers line-out is still worrying them, atm.

phatmik

Herbert Moran (7)
Mud is not one of the 4 food groups

...... bugger!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)

.. bugger!
Sounds like you had fun in Sydney mate!

Happy to Chat

Nev Cottrell (35)
I think that depends on how close he got to the action! Sounds though like he may have rolled in the mud and run on incognito to help the ailing Qld'ers. Nobody would have been the wiser from some of the footage I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.