• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

QLD Colts 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Who's going to keep him out SouthernX? I would have thought it would make sense to give him a run early as most teams will be weaker.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
I have no idea how to pick a backline . I guess these upcoming trials will be a good indication whether Young Sam is thrown immediately into the deep end.

thierry dusautoir

Alan Cameron (40)
Wests have a few aces up their sleeve but I can't see Greene not starting premier grade. The only thing I would suggest that would move him to colts is if press can't make finals but colts can make one last push. But at the same time he has to perform......your not doing the kid any favours if you don't make him work for his jersey

Refabit

Darby Loudon (17)
Wow this kid must be something really special, it can be hard for us club rugby types to keep involved with the GPS/AICS scene because games are played on same day.

Thats a shame SouthernX. The GPS powers that be moved the 1st XV starting times forward to 2.05 explicitly to cater for club followers.
Personally I can't see how it helps unless grounds are spitting distance apart.
Maybe one could watch BBC then dash to Wests or BSHS then go to Sunnybank.

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
I don't know if this game could be sanctioned but has anyone ever heard of a Premier Colts team playing a GPS FirstXV in a trial match?

SouthernX

John Thornett (49)
A tr
Thats a shame SouthernX. The GPS powers that be moved the 1st XV starting times forward to 2.05 explicitly to cater for club followers.
Personally I can't see how it helps unless grounds are spitting distance apart.
Maybe one could watch BBC then dash to Wests or BSHS then go to Sunnybank.

a travesty

The time shift puts fans of premier colts rugby at even more of a disadvantage if they wanna go watch their old Ala Marta.

rugbywatch

Larry Dwyer (12)
I don't know if this game could be sanctioned but has anyone ever heard of a Premier Colts team playing a GPS FirstXV in a trial match?

Not GPS or Premier Colts, but I know back in 2011 Padua 1st XV played Brothers Colts 1 and beat them quite comfortably. Would be interesting to see how some GPS 1st XV's would go against premier colts teams but I guess insurance wouldn't allow it due to the 3 and in some cases 4 year window

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
Sunnybank have fielded U18 teams against 1st XV of BSHS and IGS in the past. It can be problematic as they want different things out of the exercise. It doesn't really help the club team as their better Colts players are U19.

When I was at school we played a Norths team and Peter Grigg ran around for them. I'm guessing the 2 year window wasn't enforced in 1993.

Red Heavy

Billy Sheehan (19)
Uni prem colts trained against the nudgee 1st XV when they shared a coach (Toddy Dammers). Cant remeber who nudgee had but it was a strong uni team with Morahan, lance, prior and a few other pretty handy players like chapman, Arvier, Seymour, Leahy, wade... Ect. Made for some intense training and the younger kids really stood up.
BBC have also trained against the prem colts but mainly just in units.

RugbyGoose

Frank Row (1)
Any updates on team lists for various clubs now that a few have had trial matches the previous 2 weekends and a scheduled fixture this weekend? Should be a tough competition this year! First round only 4 weeks away....

Thinker

Darby Loudon (17)
You need at least 50 players before you can consider being competitive at Premier Colts level.

I agree with this 98% of the time, but Souths won the comp a few years back with 23 colts in the entire club.

Straith

Chris McKivat (8)
Fairly sure GPS won Prem Colts and Colts 1 over Brothers and lost in Colts 2. I may be wrong though, both clubs were their usual strong selves.

light2013

Frank Row (1)
Based on trails i put top 3 premier colts teams as souths, sunnybank and brothers. They are the only teams to have won all their matches and won them quite considerably. With Souths having big wins agaisnt easts and norths, sunnybank having wins agaisnt uq, and brothers having a large win over gps and and even bigger win agaisnt uni. Wethere its premier grade drafting uni's players or they are just foxing, im not sure, but it appears just from trails they arent going to have it easy this year. it seems west may have decided to retire from being the wooden spoon with a close game agaisnt a bigger norths team, not sure on the result though. It seems there isnt much happening at easts, or gps (although they did beat uni), and it appears norths may be the dark horse this year with a very sizey team. but in all, it seems souths are the premiership favourites this year

Status
Not open for further replies.