• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

QLD AIC 2024

Dabu

Herbert Moran (7)
D9A8C9EF-C803-4823-A094-FA36F66A670F.png

GPSRugbyMom

Banned
ATC not officially part of AIC. Filled in under St Peter’s. last few years they’ve played in 3rds comp. This year in 2nds. Only won one game as they don’t have the depth at the age. But only spanked twice. A few hard fought losses. They still lose good players at younger ages. If they were accepted into AIC it would help their depth.

Iuvale plays in their 2nds which plays in the 4ths comp. ATC’s 1st scrumhalf is their captain and one of their best players.
Interesting to hear their lack of competition considering there's been a few talents such as mam who played club with one oy my sons in younger grades when they were nudgee junior. I'm sure they'll be able to build some talent and gain popularity if they can find a full-time spot in a Brisbane league

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Crunch match this weekend is Ash vs SLC. After some early season hiccups it looks like Ash have found their groove, and SLC have lacked some polish and discipline this season. Massive match considering the final round clash of SLC vs Padua.

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Marist 29-20 over Lauries. Hats off to the Laurie's coaching staff. In 2018 they were a basket case. First loss since 2019, that is a pretty impressive record.

My Arsenal

Peter Burge (5)
Marist 29-20 over Lauries. Hats off to the Laurie's coaching staff. In 2018 they were a basket case. First loss since 2019, that is a pretty impressive record.
Lauries looked very complacent in defence today - Ashgrove really carved them up in the midfield. I would say hats off to the Ashgrove coaches - they've really improved as the season has gone on. On a couple of occasions Lauries strangely elected to take the penalty conversion rather than mount pressure. Will be a great game at Runcorn between Padua and Lauries.

Rugby12

Frank Row (1)
SLC looked 20% on Saturday. Poor in defence and lacked completion in attack. SLC were missing their scrumhalf Henry Edwards who has been out for 2 weeks now. Injury unknown? He is a real key in driving their large forward pack around and giving kickers Santos and Mackay a rest with his great boxkick. Still the SLC forward pack looked real strong out their on saturday with front row Luka smith, Huw griffiths and Preston Obrian dominating at scrum time. Will Kartelo, one of SLC weapons, looked really quiet out there dont think he even got a touch. Marist were just too good infront of their oldboys. Keen to see the grand final at Runcorn on Saturday between Padua and Lauries.

Dabu

Herbert Moran (7)
SLC looked 20% on Saturday. Poor in defence and lacked completion in attack. SLC were missing their scrumhalf Henry Edwards who has been out for 2 weeks now. Injury unknown? He is a real key in driving their large forward pack around and giving kickers Santos and Mackay a rest with his great boxkick. Still the SLC forward pack looked real strong out their on saturday with front row Luka smith, Huw griffiths and Preston Obrian dominating at scrum time. Will Kartelo, one of SLC weapons, looked really quiet out there dont think he even got a touch. Marist were just too good infront of their oldboys. Keen to see the grand final at Runcorn on Saturday between Padua and Lauries.
Their centres and wingers didn’t touch the ball. Horrible, boring, 10-man rugby. Play like that again this weekend and Padua will put 50 on them.

cherryripe123

Frank Row (1)
Does anyone know anything about Ashgrove Yr11s, I know that the Padua cohort have never lost a game and they’ve been unsuccessful against Iona last few years. Do they have a chance or will it be the same tale as the last few years?

XFactor

Frank Nicholson (4)
Reasonably strong. Have a few in the firsts this year. Quite a few strong year 10 players coming thru including the younger brother of twin Sydney Rooster recruits. Padua will definitely be favorites next year though.

Galloper

Darby Loudon (17)
Padua v SLC tomorrow - who wins?

SLC probably slight favourites at home, but for mine whoever wins the battle of the 10's probably wins the game.

On my viewing of the MCA games against these teams, the Padua 10 was the matchwinner whereas the SLC 10 had an unhappy day.

I'd prefer a Padua win, but expecting the Lauries 10 to bounce back and dominate with his field kicking, as long as he doesn't kick to the Padua winger , Jayden Solien, in space - that kid is a weapon.

pundit

Herbert Moran (7)
I think you’re right. You could argue the two opposing 10s (McKay & Humphrys) are the top 2 schoolboy fly halfs getting around at the moment. It’ll be a cracking battle.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
SLC will be very hard to beat at home. Padua do have the ability to counter the kicking game of SLC both via their running game and ability to kick out of pressure.
The forward battle will be huge. I think Padua will have ascendency in the lineout. Scrums are probably even so work around the field and breakdown will decide the outcome.
Padua have the best attack and defence in the competition currently. Think they have more point in them than SLC.

drewprint

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Padua took down SLC today to secure an undefeated premiership. Congratulations to the boys from Kedron! As an SLC supporter, they were just a bit off all year but kind of got by until the two crunch matches at the end.