• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Pumas vs Wallabies, 25th July 2015, Mendoza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Langthorne

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Cheika looks to be doing a very good job of trying out different players without compromising the team's chances of winning from week to week. I also like it that he seems to be maintaining healthy internal competition.

Re Skelton in the scrums. For some posters, if Holmes struggles it will be all because of Skelton. Yet, if Holmes does well, it will be all because of Holmes.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Cheika looks to be doing a very good job of trying out different players without compromising the team's chances of winning from week to week. I also like it that he seems to be maintaining healthy internal competition.

Re Skelton in the scrums. For some posters, if Holmes struggles it will be all because of Skelton. Yet, if Holmes does well, it will be all because of Holmes.
no, if Holmes struggles it will be Kurtley's fault ;)

T

Train Without a Station

If one has a history of good scrummaging and another has a history of bad, if you combination fails would you not be more likely to blame the one with the poor history?

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member

Don't mess with a demi god!

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
If one has a history of good scrummaging and another has a history of bad, if you combination fails would you not be more likely to blame the one with the poor history?

Didn't stop some people slating Skelton last weekend even though the side of the scrum suffering the most was the other at times. People see what they want to see. I thought the front row analysis linked in the Scrum Talk thread this week was excellent in terms of looking in detail at what went down at scrum time. I'd be most interested in good overhead views to see the alignment better, as I think working it out with only side on or oblique views is limited. Ledesma's mantra of tight and straight would be best seen from above, I think.

Groucho

Greg Davis (50)
Lets hope the puma fans haven't found this one.

4000mAh-Bright-Green-Laser-Beam-Laser-Glove-Black_600x600_zpsodealhpi.jpg

You wouldn't want to scratch your nose.

Strewthcobber

Andrew Slack (58)
Both could be true though. I reckon if Skelton has a nice stable platform he can clearly transfer his power effectively though the prop - but then every second rower should be at least able to do that. When things get out of whack in the front row, and it will happen to even the best, Skelton loses shape really badly and it can go wrong spectacularly. A good TH second row can "rescue" or at least mitigate a losing front rower. Don't think he's quite there yet.

Edit Have a look at the stills in this article. Skelton is in a bad position in nearly every one.

KOB1987

John Eales (66)
Both could be true though. I reckon if Skelton has a nice stable platform he can clearly transfer his power effectively though the prop - but then every second rower should be at least able to do that. When things get out of whack in the front row, and it will happen to even the best, Skelton loses shape really badly and it can go wrong spectacularly. A good TH second row can "rescue" or at least mitigate a losing front rower. Don't think he's quite there yet.

Edit Have a look at the stills in this article. Skelton is in a bad position in nearly every one.

That article is a really good analysis piece, thanks for that.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
The LH side was where the penalties came from iirc.

Both sides had problems. Sipper/Simmo have a history of going OK, you would imagine the issue can be isolated and a reasonable chance of a quick fix.

No doubt it tightened up with the replacement props and Horwill.

Tomikin

David Codey (61)
Just woke up, grabbed a beer, and threw on the Wallabies top.

Then I realized that the 8:40 kickoff I read about late last night was AEST, not EST. I really didn't think this one through.

So, uh.. See you guys in a few hours..
but did you finish your beer ?

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
I'm concerned about Cooper and Beale on the bench at the same time. If the team should defend an advantage they aren't the ideal back-ups.

Remember the last game in Cape Town with Beale at the last minutes. The Springboks took that crack in the backline

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Not long now folks.

Let's hope this lives up to the tension, drama and excitement of last nights sporting preliminaries - L'Alpe d"Huez on the Tour de France, and The Darkness vs Saffers in TRC.

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Just woke up, grabbed a beer, and threw on the Wallabies top.

Then I realized that the 8:40 kickoff I read about late last night was AEST, not EST. I really didn't think this one through.

So, uh.. See you guys in a few hours..
Kick off time - I hope your awake.

Status
Not open for further replies.