• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Podcast 76 with Laurie Fisher

Status
Not open for further replies.

Riptide

Dave Cowper (27)
It's refreshing when a coach actually speaks his mind and doesn't simply go down the anesthetized PR route.

The interviewer did a pretty good job too it must be said. No straight bats, everyone hitting sweetly for the ropes. Nice one!

aeneas

Tom Lawton (22)
The ARU would do well to think about getting Laurie involved in their Wallaby programme. He sounds like he's a deep thinker on the game.

Rob42

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Great interview, and indeed very honest and thoughtful in his comments on the Bledisloe games. Good catch, Gagger - bring him back again later.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Nice piece in the Terror

IN other interweb news, Brumbies forwards coach Laurie Fisher gave an insightful interview this week in a podcast on greenandgoldrugby.com. Fisher is highly regarded by his players and its easy to see why some frank and honest appraisals of the Wallabies' current issues.

Fisher despaired at a lack of collective intensity in effort areas by the Wallabies against New Zealand.
"There was a lot of walking going on and not pulling hard to get into position,'' he said. "We are not quite in the right frame of mind at the moment."
Fisher is a big fan of "blue collar'' and "attritional'' rugby, which if applied for 80 minutes, gives you a chance against every side you play, no matter if they out-gun you in skills. Fisher even discourages Brumbies forwards from using their grey matter.
"You can't afford to have guys thinking when running around the park. That work has to be done before hand,'' Fisher said.
Etcetera, Etcetera. Worth a listen.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...ny-bill-williams/story-fn8ti7yn-1226461961317

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Class interview in total. I appreciated his honesty but yet still classy enough not to dump on his peers. The attitude of the interviewer also helped this.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
this is my first listen to the podcast and loved it. Listened to it a few times on my way to work. Can't wait for the next one. nice one boys :)

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
this is my first listen to the podcast and loved it. Listened to it a few times on my way to work. Can't wait for the next one. nice one boys :)
There's 75 before this one, and they're all listed on the podcast menu on the front page.. I also started a summary of each episide in the wiki, is a few months out of date though.
http://www.greenandgoldrugby.com/community/wiki/podslam/
Sent from my MB525 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.