• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

Players from last years Under20 World Cup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jets

Paul McLean (56)
Staff member
My understanding is that if you are under 20 as of 31 December the previous year you are eligible to play.

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Over the years there have been many who have perceived they would be better served training under the Uni system, Ben McCalman being a notable recent example.

[Cue: Uni bashers enter left, muttering.]

No Uni bashing tonight Bruce. To be a part of the academy you have to give up a significant amount of time to be involved. This is fine if you go to Uni - any Uni whether it is ACU or UTS for example, or are having time off study with your parents picking up the tab. Salesi Manu and several others recently have had to quit the academy due to work commitments. I've posted this pretty much word for word about a year ago. Nothing changes at NSWRU. Bruce I must say that I loved the piece in the tele on Uni local Tom Kingston, was he an Annandale or Glebe or maybe even a Camperdown junior? I know your thick skinned mate so just a subtle one.

Bullfrog

Stan Wickham (3)
Bruce. The JWC stats are actually incorrect. Sam was born in Sept 1990. Can't always trust what you read in the program.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
No Uni bashing tonight Bruce. To be a part of the academy you have to give up a significant amount of time to be involved. This is fine if you go to Uni - any Uni whether it is ACU or UTS for example, or are having time off study with your parents picking up the tab. Salesi Manu and several others recently have had to quit the academy due to work commitments. I've posted this pretty much word for word about a year ago. Nothing changes at NSWRU. Bruce I must say that I loved the piece in the tele on Uni local Tom Kingston, was he an Annandale or Glebe or maybe even a Camperdown junior? I know your thick skinned mate so just a subtle one.

The main factor influencing Uni players to give up the 'Tahs Academy is not so much the time commitments as a realisation that they have a better program available at their own club.

I don't get to read the Terror, lily, although I think their rugby writers might be better than the Herald's. That's certainly damning with faint praise. Even I'm not old enough to remember when there was a residency rule for rugby clubs so I can't see that it matters where he lived as a kid. I know that some clubs have the view that if you pull on their jersey once, even as an eight-year-old, you're theirs for life. A lot of kids and their parents think differently.

Status
Not open for further replies.