• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

ONE TEAM - positivity thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee Enfield

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Going to the Wallaby V Springbok game, with all the boys back in gold, looking forward to seeing the Wallabies win by 20+. Regardless of Sunday's result, still think the Wallabies can sweep the Bledisloe, Tri Nations and RWC.

TSR

Andrew Slack (58)
Good thread WJ - would much rather look at the up side, even if it is hard to see at times. Kepu & Elsom getting through unhurt, the return of Vickerman and the spark that Genia & Beale provided were all ticks for me.

And even though it hurt, congrats to the Samoans who were fantastic and deserved their win.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
It is just not G&GR without the arguements!

The positive thing to come out of this game for me was the Samoan performance. I love watching the islanders sides play and succeed (except not against the Wallabies of course).
It shows that these nations are taking massive strides forward, I look forward to seeing these sides, particularly Samoa play at the WC, would love nothing more then for them to knock out Wales.

R

Red Rooster

Lets not let numbers get in the way a great rugby celebration ( more like 20,000 people at the game) The only way is up on and off the field - keeping our powder dry

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I know it's only push and shove and a bit of chat, but I loved it when the slow-mo replay showed him giving one of the Samoans a shove and a "Go fuck off". Nice to see someone with a bit of fire. He needs more match hardening, but he didn't look out of place. And he likes contact.
On another positive note, I think Timani will prove a lot of us wrong in the future and be a very good player.

I loved that slow-mo moment, passion, the best!

Sita has a lot of talent, can't wait to see him out there in the Gold again.....REALLY loving the Gold.

MrTimms

Ken Catchpole (46)
I was glad to see Beau Robinson get a cap. What a great way to "cap" off the story. What that bloke has been through and still be able to achieve all he has is testament to a head down bum up attitude and a total and utter belief in himself.

Fucking champion.

B

Braveheart.

Benny Robbo and Berrick Barnes could be back sooner than we think....

PLEASE LET IT BE TRUE

WHILE Benn Robinson's hopes of playing in the World Cup improved dramatically yesterday as his knee surgery was put on hold, the Wallabies are hopeful Berrick Barnes will be sighted in Sydney University club colours this weekend.

It was assumed Robinson would be sidelined for the rest of the season after damaging his knee at training last week, because he required surgery. However, Wallabies officials last night confirmed that Robinson's operation, which was to be carried out today, had been put off to see whether rehabilitation would lead to an earlier playing return.

While the chances of Robinson being available for the World Cup remain slim, the Wallabies have not yet given up hope of having a forward recently rated the best loosehead prop in the world in New Zealand.

Nelse

Chris McKivat (8)
Lets not let numbers get in the way a great rugby celebration ( more like 20,000 people at the game) The only way is up on and off the field - keeping our powder dry

Official attendance was around 28000, but in the time honoured tradition of guessing the crowd that I mate and I partake in, I thought it was more around 21000.

Drew Mitchell is running again at 100% of his body weight (He was using a machine on a treadmill that partly supports him, and has worked up from 80% a few weeks ago.)

Also I'm glad this loss happened now rather than in the Quarters...

Status
Not open for further replies.