• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NZ vs England Test 2 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dismal Pillock

David Codey (61)

crikey, Patrick Osborne suddenly in the picture:
The All Blacks called in strapping Highlanders wing Patrick Osborne for the first two days' training in Dunedin, and Foster confirmed he was very much on their radar.
"He's a big, strong winger who's shown some really nice stuff in the last month. He's got a lot of power, has been good under the high ball, has improved on defence and his instincts near the goal-line is pretty good."

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
crikey, Patrick Osborne suddenly in the picture:

I'm just surprised he wasn't called up earlier. He's played some absolute belters over the past two years. Raw for sure, with some really inconsistent performances week to week, but he looks to me like the natural replacement for Savea when he goes down.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
All Blacks: Ben Smith, Cory Jane, Conrad Smith, Ma'a Nonu, Julian Savea, Aaron Cruden, Aaron Smith, Jerome Kaino, Richie McCaw (captain), Liam Messam, Sam Whitelock, Brodie Retallick, Owen Franks, Dane Coles, Tony Woodcock. Reserves: Keven Mealamu, Wyatt Crockett, Charlie Faumuina, Patrick Tuipulotu, Victor Vito, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Malakai Fekitoa.

England name theirs later today.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
England team. Interesting.

15. M Brown (Harlequins); 14. M Tuilagi (Leicester), 13. L Burrell (Northampton), 12. B Twelvetrees (Gloucester), 11. M Yarde (London Irish); 10. O Farrell (Saracens), 9. D Care (Harlequins);

1. J Marler (Harlequins), 2. R Webber (Bath), 3. D Wilson (Bath), 4. J Launchbury (Wasps), 5. G Parling (Leicester), 6. T Wood (Northampton), 7. C Robshaw (Harlequins)(capt) 8. B Morgan (Gloucester).

Replacements: 16. D Hartley (Northampton), 17. M Mullan (Wasps), 18. K Brookes ( Newcastle), 19. C Lawes (Northampton), 20. B Vunipola (Saracens), 21. B Youngs (Leicester), 22. F Burns (Gloucester), 23. C Ashton (Saracens)

Tuilagi to wing, Farrell, Twelvetrees and Burrell come back into the centres, while Webber, Parling and Morgan retain their places in the fowards.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So is Hansen still trotting out the "nothing to worry about" line with Read again despite missing another Test whilst training throughout the week?

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
Hansen on stuff.co.nz:

On Read's continued omission, Hansen said: "He's fit enough from a concussion point of view to pick, but we don't feel like we can put him out there with the amount of training he's done. So we're using this week to get him right and we'll put him in next week."

Wait'n see, I guess.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
He played in the Crusaders' last game and handled it fine, he's the current IRB Player of the Year; if he's ready to go you pick him!

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
I applaud the stance that the Lords of Darkness are taking to reintroduce Read to top level footy.

On a selfish front, I would recommend that he is rested until after RWC 2015, certainly not before the Super Rugby Final 2014 Tahs vs Cru @ Homebush.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
He played in the Crusaders' last game and handled it fine, he's the current IRB Player of the Year; if he's ready to go you pick him!

Did he? He was fairly anonymous for most of the game. His quietest for a very long time. In fact he looked well short of a gallop.

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Yep he played in Crusaders last game,but had a bit of a headache when he assembled with ABs, hence the stand down. I would see no point in telling porkys about it, so would assume Shag is telling truth.

waiopehu oldboy

George Smith (75)
AB to keep ball in hand more than last week & be more selective (& hopefully accurate) with their kicking esp into the hole behind Tuilagi. Poms to fade in the final 10-15, AB by 8-12.

Anyone know if Aura got on the plane or did s/he stay in Auckland?

Dan54

David Wilson (68)
Hell Waiopehu, aura certainly wasn't out on Golf Course with me yesterday, so appears he/she may still be in NZ somewhere. Have heard of the odd sighting in streets of Dunedin, but nothing from reliable scources, 2 witnesses were a bit pissed and the other one on reflection thinks it just may of Laura that he saw from behind so is not sure of what was at front!

Actually getting a bit excited/nervous over this one, think Poms are a pretty good team, and I know everyone is expecting ABs to be miles better because it 2nd test, it will take more than that to win, needs to be serious improvement all round.
So will be down to local club as boys plaing at home today, and then sneak home to settle in for ABs/Poms followed by Wallabies/French, some days I enjoy being alive!!!! (And Mrs D54 in NZ at moment so no interuptions!!)

teach

Trevor Allan (34)
Good to see the England boys out today. The non - playing reserves and coach went out to a local high school and watched the King's 1st Xv play Mt Aspiring College in the Highlanders 1st XV compeition. They helped cooked the sausages the u15s were selling as a fundraiser and chatted to all the lads. Good to see.

badabing59

Cyril Towers (30)
Exciting possibility of Farrell and Ashton being on at the same time during this game #smashthosetwats #doitforthesouthernhemisphere #includestuartbarnes

Status
Not open for further replies.