• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Seems you're at the same address. I'm surprised you didn't just talk to each other instead of pretending to post it here.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Im not sure why you think we're at the same address mate, just cause we know details about the same school. Do all the people from your school live together?

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
No they don't. That's why they have different IP addresses.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk HD

Don't worry sully! I honestly thought this was the IP address green and gold analysis forum. An easy mistake to make!

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
Either way, back to what this forum is really about!
I think the real talking point this year will be the number 8 position.
There is shaping to be no real stand outs in the back of the scrum as we rapidly approach the beginning of the season, with questions over The scots #8's fitness, and rumours swirling of newington not being able to recruit a truly dominant player in that position from Samoa nor tonga as they have in the past. Thoughts/opinions?

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
^^^^
"Rapidly approach the start of the season". ??

It was 45 degrees last week, and Super Rugby hasn't even started yet.

Plenty of people are still in holiday mode at work. Kids still haven't gone back to school yet.

Methinks that there will be fairly intense competition for most GPS and NSW Schools slots, particularly with Aust schoolboy European tour slots up for grabs this year.

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
^^^^
"Rapidly approach the start of the season". ??

It was 45 degrees last week, and Super Rugby hasn't even started yet.

Plenty of people are still in holiday mode at work. Kids still haven't gone back to school yet.

Methinks that there will be fairly intense competition for most GPS and NSW Schools slots, particularly with Aust schoolboy European tour slots up for grabs this year.

Super rugby season starts in less than 3 weeks and GPS schools go back on Thursday. Before we know it pre season will be on us.
Whilst your input was appreciated, I would really like to hear some news on #8's in the GPS this year.

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Super rugby season starts in less than 3 weeks and GPS schools go back on Thursday. Before we know it pre season will be on us.
Whilst your input was appreciated, I would really like to hear some news on #8's in the GPS this year.

Not that it will interest a majority of the readers of this forum, Grammar's number 8 is interesting for the fact that he is at the school on a legitimate academic basis. Surprising as it may seem, Grammar's more academic based students are slowly but surely filtering into the rugby system. Charlton Shi, the almost assured number 8 bar injury is both a top 20 student and having hit both a growth spurt and the gym in the last 6 months, will be a force to be reckoned with off the back of the scrum at 6'4 and 112kgs. He didn't play rugby last year due to multiple injuries, sticking to winter tennis and a gym program, but is most definitely a bolter for GPS selection.

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
Not that it will interest a majority of the readers of this forum, Grammar's number 8 is interesting for the fact that he is at the school on a legitimate academic basis. Surprising as it may seem, Grammar's more academic based students are slowly but surely filtering into the rugby system. Charlton Shi, the almost assured number 8 bar injury is both a top 20 student and having hit both a growth spurt and the gym in the last 6 months, will be a force to be reckoned with off the back of the scrum at 6'4 and 112kgs. He didn't play rugby last year due to multiple injuries, sticking to winter tennis and a gym program, but is most definitely a bolter for GPS selection.[/
ive also heard about young Shi from a friends son who said he has never seem someone so determined to succeed in rugby. The fact that he is a top 20 student and coming back from injury is something we need to see more of in the GPS. With this latest news,
Then it must beg the question, are grammar and high boys allowed to be selected in GPS first sides?

wreckless

Bob Loudon (25)
Not that it will interest a majority of the readers of this forum, Grammar's number 8 is interesting for the fact that he is at the school on a legitimate academic basis. Surprising as it may seem, Grammar's more academic based students are slowly but surely filtering into the rugby system. Charlton Shi, the almost assured number 8 bar injury is both a top 20 student and having hit both a growth spurt and the gym in the last 6 months, will be a force to be reckoned with off the back of the scrum at 6'4 and 112kgs. He didn't play rugby last year due to multiple injuries, sticking to winter tennis and a gym program, but is most definitely a bolter for GPS selection.

Keep on liking yourselves chaps! :)

Interested Onlooker

Frank Row (1)
Can i just comment that this is a rugby forum, and for too long have vagrants been misusing this forum. All imports aside from Grammar, what chances do they stand up against the big schools albeit in the 3rd division?

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Can i just comment that this is a rugby forum, and for too long have vagrants been misusing this forum. All imports aside from Grammar, what chances do they stand up against the big schools albeit in the 3rd division?
Its hard to disregard the imports when they are likely to play such a huge role in Grammar being promoted back into the GPS top division. However, there is plenty of non-imported talent, such as Shi, who I mentioned before that will help see Grammar easily notch up 100-0 scores in the Thirds competition.

Interested Onlooker

Frank Row (1)
Its hard to disregard the imports when they are likely to play such a huge role in Grammar being promoted back into the GPS top division. However, there is plenty of non-imported talent, such as Shi, who I mentioned before that will help see Grammar easily notch up 100-0 scores in the Thirds competition.

Does this mean a return to the Grammar glory days is on the cards! Would love to see them upset powerhouses joeys

randomhouse

Bob McCowan (2)
Re iterating trublus comments, I really like the look of young Shi, and I think he's someone to look out for come GPS season!

TruBluAussieBattla

Frank Nicholson (4)
Re iterating trublus comments, I really like the look of young Shi, and I think he's someone to look out for come GPS season!
On talent alone he should be playing for the combined GPS side, but it seems that politics will come into it and stop Shi and other talented Grammar players from competing at the level they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.