• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2025

Status
Not open for further replies.

twister29

Stan Wickham (3)
1. Joeys
2. Shore
3. Ignatius
4. Newington
5. Kings
6. Scots

Joeys clear favourites IMO at this time. I can also see Shore and Ignatius making a push for 1st
IMHO, putting Kings that far down and even not in first is criminal. Joeys & Kings are clear favourites, but personally I believe the young Kings side (1sts & 2nds) of this year will fill the boots and some of their predecessors in 2025.
I do agree with the position of Scots & Newington once Kings is in 1 or 2.

1. The Kings School
2. St Josephs College
3. Shore School
4. St Ignatius College
5. Newington College
6. The Scots College

TheRugbyCyclist

Alfred Walker (16)
IMHO, putting Kings that far down and even not in first is criminal. Joeys & Kings are clear favourites, but personally I believe the young Kings side (1sts & 2nds) of this year will fill the boots and some of their predecessors in 2025.
I do agree with the position of Scots & Newington once Kings is in 1 or 2.

1. The Kings School
2. St Josephs College
3. Shore School
4. St Ignatius College
5. Newington College
6. The Scots College
Agree Here - The young Kings boys this year have proven that next year they will be a team to beat.

Caesar

Stan Wickham (3)
Joeys 1st XV 2025 Prediction
1 Bryn Whittaker (16A)
2 Charles Ghattas (1stXV)
3 Chris Quinn (1stXV)
4 Cooper Green (1stXV)
5 Charlie Playford (16A)
6 Charlie Hicks (16A)
7 Mackinley Dooley (1stXV)
8 Justice Taumoepeau (1stXV)
9 Xavier Ryan (16A)
10 Bede Fogarty (2ndXV)
11 Tom Dunn (2ndXV)
12 Matt Gough (1stXV)
13 Kynan Hart (1stXV)
14 Henry Troy (2ndXV)
15 Max Palmisani (1stXV)

Joeys 2nd XV 2025 Prediction
1 Xavier Boon (3rdXV)
2 Finn Leary (16A)
3 Angus Littler (16A)
4 Abe Race (16A)
5 Jack McCarthy (16A)
6 Austin Short (16A)
7 Cameron Stuckey (3rdXV)
8 Apollo McInerney (3rdXV)
9 Julian Ryan (3rdXV)
10 Pat Smith (16A)
11 Max Circosta (16A)
12 Sam Jorgensen (16A)
13 Rory O'Conner (3rdXV)
14 Finn Hannon (15A)
15 Henry Gardiner (16A)
crazy to think lochie Mcrae hasn't been included in this list as he was one concussion away from coming on for firsts this year.

ThePassionatePilfGod22

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1st XV 2025 Prediction
1 Bryn Whittaker (16A)
2 Charles Ghattas (1stXV)
3 Chris Quinn (1stXV)
4 Cooper Green (1stXV)
5 Charlie Playford (16A)
6 Charlie Hicks (16A)
7 Mackinley Dooley (1stXV)
8 Justice Taumoepeau (1stXV)
9 Xavier Ryan (16A)
10 Bede Fogarty (2ndXV)
11 Tom Dunn (2ndXV)
12 Matt Gough (1stXV)
13 Kynan Hart (1stXV)
14 Henry Troy (2ndXV)
15 Max Palmisani (1stXV)

Joeys 2nd XV 2025 Prediction
1 Xavier Boon (3rdXV)
2 Finn Leary (16A)
3 Angus Littler (16A)
4 Abe Race (16A)
5 Jack McCarthy (16A)
6 Austin Short (16A)
7 Cameron Stuckey (3rdXV)
8 Apollo McInerney (3rdXV)
9 Julian Ryan (3rdXV)
10 Pat Smith (16A)
11 Max Circosta (16A)
12 Sam Jorgensen (16A)
13 Rory O'Conner (3rdXV)
14 Finn Hannon (15A)
15 Henry Gardiner (16A)

Finn Hannon at 14??

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
I would like to see an all time team list for each AAGPS school (I'll do Shore), as well as others have a go at an all time GPS 1st XV

Coach - Bob Dwyer (Sydney Boys High School 1958)

1. Bill Young (Joeys 1992) / Benn Robinson (Kings 2002) / Angus Bell (Newington 2018)
2. Phil Kearns (Newington 1985)
3. Alastair "Al" Baxter (Shore 1995)
4. Tom Bowman (Scots 1994)
5. Dean Mumm (Kings 2002)
6. Colin Windon (Grammar 1939 - who the 3rd XV premiership shield is named after)
7. Phil Waugh (Shore 1997)
8. Wycliff Palu (Newington 2000 - someone please double check both the school and the year, I'm pretty sure my knowledge serves me well but the internet says otherwise)
9. Nick Farr-Jones (Newington 1980) / Chris Whittaker (Sydney Boys High 1991) / Ken Catchpole (Scots 1968)
10. Kurtley Beale (Joeys 2006 - finished underage I beleive) / Scott Bowen (Newington 1990)
11. Michael Hawker (Shore 1967 - was primarily a center but was likely not as good and big as Angus Crichton - he played a couple tests on the wing)
12. Angus Chrichton (Scots 2014)
13. Stirling Mortlock (Kings 1995)
14. Joseph Suali'i (Kings 2021 - played professional before he even finished school)
15. Matt Burke (Joeys 1981) / Julian Huxley (Kings 1997 - part of the premiership winning team that had a record crowd of 17 000 spectators at that years Premiership decider at Northbridge - pretty sure that's the record) / Tim Kelaher (Joeys 1989 - back to back premier) / Jim Lenehan (Riverview 1976)

Last edited:

TheMaulester

Ted Fahey (11)
Interesting 2 of the players didn't play 1stXV.
which ones? This list is more-so based on post school rugby, however rugby ability as a schoolboy is definitely accounted for (for most players that is - as some in this list were schoolboys long before my time, and so I would have no idea of their rugby ability at school).

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
which ones? This list is more-so based on post school rugby, however rugby ability as a schoolboy is definitely accounted for (for most players that is - as some in this list were schoolboys long before my time, and so I would have no idea of their rugby ability at school).
I spot 3 that didn’t, Young, Kearns and Farr-Jones. How this list can omit Tony Daly and Steve Williams is beyond me.

moa999

Tom Lawton (22)
see an all time team list for each AAGPS school
There's a thread for that

ILoveRugbyBricks

Bob McCowan (2)
Finn Hannon at 14??
That is what I thought. Very questionable decision to put someone that young in a position he has never played before in such a high level of schoolboy footy. I know it is the wing and is often considered the weaker position but there are some big boys in 2nds Comp and I do not think Hannon is ready for stepping out in the new position. If he was to play seconds, they need to use his strengths either at 10 or 15 and he could strive.

ThePassionatePilfGod22

Frank Nicholson (4)
That is what I thought. Very questionable decision to put someone that young in a position he has never played before in such a high level of schoolboy footy. I know it is the wing and is often considered the weaker position but there are some big boys in 2nds Comp and I do not think Hannon is ready for stepping out in the new position. If he was to play seconds, they need to use his strengths either at 10 or 15 and he could strive.
Definitely, I think it was a bit strange to have him on the wing. Personally I think i'd put him in the #15 or the #10 jersey. His skill is next level ( as demonstrated in the 15s comp) and would be greatly wasted on the wing.

Status
Not open for further replies.