• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Emperor

Bob McCowan (2)
Scots are shaping up to be extremely scary this coming Saturday
I don't understand the sudden Scots glaze. They have had big names in the team all year but have'nt clicked together as a team. Shore played the best game they have played all year last week and are undefeated since the break.
- Emp

BITTAfootyANDthat

Bob McCowan (2)
And most of them the Joeys team played a higher St.Augustine’s team. As Joeys played Oakhill the same day

ie Joeys 3rds v Aug 2nds
Joeys 16C v Aug 16B
Etc etc etc etc

Great Aug teams especially the 1sts who won 31-26 , but not close to an even match up in most of the games
Joeys can't keep playing Aug's and Oakhill on the same weekend, the B's teams get smashed every time. Those two schools are too strong to be played on the same week.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Not to mention there were also many junior teams had to verse a team up from shore. The 16, 15, 14 and 13 d's and below had to verse the grade up due to squads traveling to Armidale throughout the day (all joeys teams won).
Not true the shore c’s played Cranbrook b’s because joeys c’S were at tas so shore and joeys teams could play each other in the same grade

anothernudge

Herbert Moran (7)
I don't understand the sudden Scots glaze. They have had big names in the team all year but have'nt clicked together as a team. Shore played the best game they have played all year last week and are undefeated since the break.
- Emp
Coming into this year Scots were favourites for many with a nearly all year 12 Backline full of stars and a solid forward pack. In term 2 it is no question that they underperformed and couldn't play as a team however their loses where all of small margins. This term they have made a huge improvement, starting Joey's loosing streak and even their loss to View they showed alot more promise. With the added return of some notable injured players (Jacques, McKenzie) I don't think it is a bad prediction saying that Scots will not give Shore a easy game by any means this weekend.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
i find it really interesting that shore has been dominating in the 1stxv this year but struggle to compete in junior age groups. An example of this is that shore only won 2 out of the 26 games that were played against joeys.
Shore also won 21 of the 28 games against Kings. And in the 16s scored 149 points against Kings 0, so it’s interesting, but not as interesting as you think.

Last edited:

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
Shore also won 21 of the 28 games against Kings. And in the 16s scored 149 points against Kings 0, so it’s interesting, but not as interesting as you think.
Joeys vs Kings :
16A 61 - 0 Kings
16B 42 - 10 Kings
16C 59 - 0 Kings
16D 102 - 0 Kings

For 264, against 10.

Joeys Vs Shore:
16A 19 - 0 Shore
16B 49 - 0 Shore
16D 43 - 7 Shore
16E 29 - 0 Shore

15A 47 - 0 Shore
15B 47 - 10 Shore
15D 40 - 30 Shore C
15E 12 - 7 Shore D
15F 36 - 10 Shore E

Last edited:

BITTAfootyANDthat

Bob McCowan (2)
Shore also won 21 of the 28 games against Kings. And in the 16s scored 149 points against Kings 0, so it’s interesting, but but as interesting as you think.
Shore's 13's - 16's age groups are getting better each yeah. Its good to see their depth improving, especially their strong 14A's team who went undefeated last year if I'm not mistaken and they were undefeated this season until their unfortunate loss in a thrilling match against a phenomenally well drilled Joeys side. Some great young talent in both teams and many names to watch out for in the upcoming years.

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Shore's 13's - 16's age groups are getting better each yeah. Its good to see their depth improving, especially their strong 14A's team who went undefeated last year if I'm not mistaken and they were undefeated this season until their unfortunate loss in a thrilling match against a phenomenally well drilled Joeys side. Some great young talent in both teams and many names to watch out for in the upcoming years.
By thrilling do you mean thrashed?

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
Knock, Knock,

I definitely think shore have stepped up their rugby program but I don't think its fair to compare them to the 16's age group at kings who are missing a significant chunk of players to opens which leads to players in lower grades moving to higher teams, not trying to discredit shore but I don't think its a very fair comparison.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys vs Kings :
16A 61 - 0 Kings
16B 42 - 10 Kings
16C 59 - 0 Kings
16D 102 - 0 Kings

For 264, against 10.

Joeys Vs Shore:
16A 19 - 0 Shore
16B 49 - 0 Shore
16D 43 - 7 Shore
16E 29 - 0 Shore

15A 47 - 0 Shore
15B 47 - 10 Shore
15D 40 - 30 Shore C
15E 12 - 7 Shore D
15F 36 - 10 Shore E
Yep, big differences between Joeys, Shore and Kings in that age group.

BITTAfootyANDthat

Bob McCowan (2)
By thrilling do you mean thrashed?
Personally, I don't believe the score reflected the match. Joeys ran away with it at the end of the match, but for the majority of the match it was a good battle between the two teams, as last year they were 1 and 2 on the ladder, so going into the match there was a good rivalry. Good to see the Joe boys get up and hopefully go undefeated for the season with a win against view this week.

the one who knocks

Stan Wickham (3)
i find it really interesting that shore has been dominating in the 1stxv this year but struggle to compete in junior age groups. An example of this is that shore only won 2 out of the 26 games that were played against joeys.
Knock, Knock,

I thinks its unwise to say 'dominating' as this season has been entertaining and had us all second guessing our picks. Their first team has excelled this season (not complete domination) but they have struggled in lower age groups against well drilled sides such as Joeys and other schools who put a considerable amount of effort into all age groups and grades. I agree it is interesting but a decent side who works very hard can be surprising against schools with a greater rugby history, more hype and bigger names.

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
Knock, Knock,

I definitely think shore have stepped up their rugby program but I don't think its fair to compare them to the 16's age group at kings who are missing a significant chunk of players to opens which leads to players in lower grades moving to higher teams, not trying to discredit shore but I don't think its a very fair comparison.
No, Shore is now officially the most dominant rugby school in Australia

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Knock, Knock,

I thinks its unwise to say 'dominating' as this season has been entertaining and had us all second guessing our picks. Their first team has excelled this season (not complete domination) but they have struggled in lower age groups against well drilled sides such as Joeys and other schools who put a considerable amount of effort into all age groups and grades. I agree it is interesting but a decent side who works very hard can be surprising against schools with a greater rugby history, more hype and bigger names.
Joeys 2’s beat Shore 25 - 10 and spent a big chunk of the match with only 13 on the field. Shore are a one team wonder and if they don’t close out the prem this week it will be another 30 years in the desert. Sorry to burst your bubble.

Syd

Herbert Moran (7)
Joeys 2’s beat Shore 25 - 10 and spent a big chunk of the match with only 13 on the field. Shore are a one team wonder and if they don’t close out the prem this week it will be another 30 years in the desert. Sorry to burst your bubble.
And the 3rds are also going for the prem this weekend, most ungracious take on Shore’s win (and revamped program) yet and the boys busting a gut week in and out. You should take some lessons from the Joeys boys who played on the weekend, who were gracious in defeat and showed some character.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.