• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
I get the point but what are they meant to do about it if other schools can't give them the good game? Play with 13 players?

Most of the time they get what View giving them a run in As-Fs and a couple others in the As maybe once a year.
I agree 100%. They can only play what is in front of them. Maybe it is a player identification issue. Are the same players that are best in the underage environment, the same that will perform under pressure in the 1sts and 2nds, in the same way players that don't dominate the week-to-week NRL are made for SOO.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
I'm not sure whoever wrote the article has much understanding of how full the calender already is. Isn't touch footy already offered at many schools over summer? The bigger loser may be cricket.
Cricket will be fine …

biggest loser will be basketball, lots of solid athletes mucking around in B,Cs basketball simply because there isn’t another sport to pick .

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
indeed the "arms race" has detrimentally affected many non-recruiting schools through drainage of their talent pools, and weakening/killing of other comps!! has had a material affect on Rugby Union as a whole in this country....
Wouldn't kids moving to take up an opportunity elsewhere create an opening at the original school. The kid that is missing out is the one that has been at the school development program since yr7, yet the new school deems them acceptable so they have used the schools resources to find someone else outside the system so they can not be involved in the program at all.

Goosestep

Jim Clark (26)
indeed the "arms race" has detrimentally affected many non-recruiting schools through drainage of their talent pools, and weakening/killing of other comps!! has had a material affect on Rugby Union as a whole in this country....
Wrong…

You can’t blame GPS schools for being successful at rugby and having great facilities ( for all
Sports .. not just rugby ) .

You can blame Rugby Australia for it’s absolutely dismissal attempts to grow the game in the last 25 years ..

It’s gotten so bad, that without aforementioned schools development of players - Rugby Union would basically die in this country .

Joker

Staff member
End this discussion about "the words that shall not be mentioned" now.
Any more people wanna have a say, go to the thread set up for this.
NOT HERE.
Any more posts will be hammered and the poster too.

24217_101080583261989_3136148_n.jpg

PROPaganda

Chris McKivat (8)
After all the hype of the Shore 1st XV taking home the premiership this year, the 3rd XV is going unnoticed. They currently sit 2nd on the ladder, one competition point behind Grammar. They play Grammar this week at the Bridge in a "Grand Final" like game. If they can get the win it will be only their fifths ever 3rds premiership, third outright premiership and Shore's first since 1951.

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
After all the hype of the Shore 1st XV taking home the premiership this year, the 3rd XV is going unnoticed. They currently sit 2nd on the ladder, one competition point behind Grammar. They play Grammar this week at the Bridge in a "Grand Final" like game. If they can get the win it will be only their fifths ever 3rds premiership, third outright premiership and Shore's first since 1951.
I don't think its going unnoticed. Full INP preview on Thursday as usual.
I just ran into a group of Grammar students in the city and they are all fired up for the big game.
INP

Balmain Subbies

Billy Sheehan (19)
The idea Joeys is somehow a sunken ship is absurd. Like saying the ABs are finished because Argentina knocked them off.
Yeah agree, I have never thought that. I remember some prick at school said it in class in 93 the Monday after and our English teacher laid down the law to him. I also never thought Joeys rugby was finished in there 10 year drought. Like life everything ebbs and flows

eagerrugbygod222

Frank Row (1)
i find it really interesting that shore has been dominating in the 1stxv this year but struggle to compete in junior age groups. An example of this is that shore only won 2 out of the 26 games that were played against joeys.

i find it really interesting that shore has been dominating in the 1stxv this year but struggle to compete in junior age groups. An example of this is that shore only won 2 out of the 26 games that were played against joeys.
Not to mention there were also many junior teams had to verse a team up from shore. The 16, 15, 14 and 13 d's and below had to verse the grade up due to squads traveling to Armidale throughout the day (all joeys teams won).

Mungo1866

Peter Burge (5)
As i noted before the demise of Joeys is exaggerated - as Im a bit OCD I did a review of all the Joeys teams vs opposition, many of the lower ranked teams play higher teams- there are probably some mistakes but overall its some evidence that rugby is still alive and kicking at Hunters Hill

OppositionGameswondrewlost %win
Newington23210291.3
Riverview33291387.9
Kings50430786
Scots51420982.4
shore33290487.9

JohnJuice7

Bob McCowan (2)
As i noted before the demise of Joeys is exaggerated - as Im a bit OCD I did a review of all the Joeys teams vs opposition, many of the lower ranked teams play higher teams- there are probably some mistakes but overall its some evidence that rugby is still alive and kicking at Hunters Hill

OppositionGameswondrewlost%win
Newington23210291.3
Riverview33291387.9
Kings50430786
Scots51420982.4
shore33290487.9
The 13as, 14as, 15as, and 16as are all undefeated this GPS season, however I know in the sixteen's kings has many players playing up.

Mungo1866

Peter Burge (5)
The 13as, 14as, 15as, and 16as are all undefeated this GPS season, however I know in the sixteen's kings has many players playing up.
they are - so long as stick with GPS schools and forget about St Augustine's who overall have the best winning percentage against Joeys this year 20 wins from 24 games so 83.3% winning rate. and yes i know many were trials- it was still impressive.

CasualObserver

Sydney Middleton (9)
they are - so long as stick with GPS schools and forget about St Augustine's who overall have the best winning percentage against Joeys this year 20 wins from 24 games so 83.3% winning rate. and yes i know many were trials- it was still impressive.
Many of these were vs lower teams, eg Augustine's 15A's played Joeys 15Bs.

runningrugbyrules

Larry Dwyer (12)
And most of them the Joeys team played a higher St.Augustine’s team. As Joeys played Oakhill the same day

ie Joeys 3rds v Aug 2nds
Joeys 16C v Aug 16B
Etc etc etc etc

Great Aug teams especially the 1sts who won 31-26 , but not close to an even match up in most of the games

Attachments

• FB667AB2-53D8-42BD-A523-8246335889AB.jpeg
    FB667AB2-53D8-42BD-A523-8246335889AB.jpeg
    201.1 KB · Views: 128
Status
Not open for further replies.