• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joker

Staff member
Reminder

Tips please. Message me please or post but must be before 3.15pm
If you miss out then your "tips" are VIEW, NEWINGTON and JOEYS.

1723244076488.png

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
@Joker @The Chairman please help me out here, when was the last time that Joeys won the Rowing and the Rugby premiership’s? Also, Joeys as a non traditional rowing school winning HOTR, and Shore placing second. Whilst Shore as a non traditional rugby school winning the rugby, with Joeys in second!
-Professor
Shore’s last Golden Year would’ve been 1908 when they won the Head of the River, The First XV, the Athletics and were runners up in the swimming.

This year could be close however, 2nd at HOTR, won 2/3 swimming, possible First XV premiership, possible First XI premiership, and 3rd for the cricketers.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
At one game in 1996? the entire Joeys school sat there for 15min while the Shore boys completed their cheers.
When the Shore boys left the oval, the Joeys SCHOOL stood and gave them three cheers and a standing ovation.
At that moment my best mate John turned to me and said, "I know we won the game on the board but why do I feel that we didn't?" My old Knox prep teacher Mr David Andersen spoke to me years later at Shore and said it was the classiest thing he had ever seen. "If you win like champions then so you should know how to lose like one" If Shore win this weekend you may see the same as a sign of respect between the two schools.
Lots of respect between the two schools. Dominance recognises dominance. One owns the paddock, the other the water. There is most certainly a mutual respect for eachothers programs that each school reveres.

At Shore, there is no bigger achievement than “beating Joeys” and im sure its probably the same when it comes to the water.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Shore’s last Golden Year would’ve been 1908 when they won the Head of the River, The First XV, the Athletics and were runners up in the swimming.

This year could be close however, 2nd at HOTR, won 2/3 swimming, possible First XV premiership, possible First XI premiership, and 3rd for the cricketers.
Shore also won gps cricket and basketball in 2021 while placing second at HOTR

RuthlessRucker303

Bob McCowan (2)
Joeys won rowing and rugby in 1956 plus athletics and runners up in the cricket. Golden year
2024 could also be a golden year for Joeys,
HOTR Champs
1st Rugby Comp winners (time will tell)
Maybe Athletics, as last year they went pretty well considering most of their athletes were in year 11.
Regards RR

Joker

Staff member
PIE REPORT

a delicious combination of premium beef and just enough spice all wrappped in buttery golden flaked pastry. Served as always by the lovey Shore mums. 9/10

NOTE. Got to meet @wisemaan an and several other fine Shore lads who came up and said hello. Good blokes who will bring this house down with the cheering.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.