• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

thesolicitor

Allen Oxlade (6)
Hopefully I can. Last Saturday was exhausting for me. There are a number of Shore members here I wish to catch up with in person. I will though be located near the Joeys side of the ground. The Joeys boys are very protective of me. Many know who I am but keep my ID a secret. Looking forward to catching with them again. BTW...If you do see me, please come up and say hello rather than call out. Last week I got to speak with some Kings lads who came up. No Shore boy has yet.

View attachment 20215
What can the shore lads look for when trying to find you

The Grail

Larry Dwyer (12)
1723191966722.png

1723192011799.png

1723192093538.png

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
Joeys 1s vs Shore
1 - Taggart
2 - Ghattas
3 - Quinn
4 - Seigmier
5 - Greer
6 - Arnautovic
7 - Dooley
8 - Justice
9 - Brown
10 - Fowler
11 - Sleeman
12 - Gough
13 - Hart
14 - Troy (1st XV Debut)
15 - Palmisani
No Tombs due to suspected concussion

Joeys 2s vs Shore
1 - Knevitt
2 - Larkin
3 - Ward
4 - Green
5 - Hill
6 - Cusack
7 - Cant
8 - Massey
9 - Cornish
10 - Schmude
11 - Wilson
12 - De Szoeke
13 - Bowden
14 - Boyd
15 - _________
16 - Chartres
Dooley at 7? Interesting.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Calling upon all members of the Blue and White Army...

Tommorow is special. I've been watching Schoolboy Rugby (and my beloved Shore School) since I was a young lad and I can say with confidence i'm getting up there now.

Not once since my first watch of a game in 1974 has there been an occasion like this. Not even Phil Waugh's or Chris Ching's lads back in the day got an occasion like this.

Take your minds back to 2006, one of the great affairs that @Joker would most likely know about. A fine summers day at Hunter's Hill, Tim Wallace's First XV ventured out to take on the giant. Currently 4-0, the boys were full of confidence but knew what was ahead of them. The Shore boys started well, with a maul try giving them the early lead. This then lead to 30 minutes of pure dogfighting and pure defence. However, Joeys got over on the stroke of HT to level the scores going into the break.

Penalty goals galore gave the lads a 20-8 lead leading into the later stages. A Joeys try made it a one score game.

Then may have come the proudest 10 minutes in Shore's long Rugby history played out. Joeys attacked the line with over 30 phases, but to no avail. Held up twice, not before a final pilfer sealed the game and they had slayed the giant in their own backyard. A mass invasion of the pitch ensued. First time we beat Joeys at Joeys since the famous game in 98.

This is your chance to make history lads. The whole old boy and school community will be behind you and cheering with our hearts for you. All the lads who went through in the days of 60-0 every week and the ones of heartbreak in the early 2010s.

Do us all proud as we believe. To the boys, come out in force and show the Joeboys what we are made of.

Slay the dragon once more, and Tradit Lampada Vitai.

1723194903416.png

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Some people are missing. If this your third week absent then I delete you. Majority though have been sticking to this and I hope you have enjoyed it. Do not fret if you way hehind. In 2021 I was 20 points the leader and then scored 25 in my last round (margins!) and the other scored 3. I won by 2 along with another member who was behind.

Lets go @propsarespeedy @Chugby Chris @throughthehands @thesolicitor @CheekyHooker @Rugbysurvivor @Mungo1866 @TheMaulester @BoysfromtheBxW @RushingRob @JackJill @OnTheSting @Wavesfooty2 @RobHart and @Lindommer

View attachment 20225
@Joker would you mind changing my tip to Scots +10 please

RuthlessRucker303

Bob McCowan (2)
Anyone know what has happened to young gun Brody Folkes (14) for the Riverview's 1's?
If injured this now means that Riverview have 2 quick outside backs Folkes and Hartman out, who have both been great players and have been great X-factor's for their team this year who have been helping open up some of their games, Although now I am keen to seeing the youngin from TKS Talen Risati (15), Where I recon we will be seeing him running laps around the view defence like he was doing last Saturday against Joeys.
Massive blow for the View boys if Brody Folkes is injured.
Regards RR

Joker

Staff member
Show the Joeboys what we are made of.
At one game in 1996? the entire Joeys school sat there for 15min while the Shore boys completed their cheers.
When the Shore boys left the oval, the Joeys SCHOOL stood and gave them three cheers and a standing ovation.
At that moment my best mate John turned to me and said, "I know we won the game on the board but why do I feel that we didn't?" My old Knox prep teacher Mr David Andersen spoke to me years later at Shore and said it was the classiest thing he had ever seen. "If you win like champions then so you should know how to lose like one" If Shore win this weekend you may see the same as a sign of respect between the two schools.

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
At one game in 1996? the entire Joeys school sat there for 15min while the Shore boys completed their cheers.
When the Shore boys left the oval, the Joeys SCHOOL stood and gave them three cheers and a standing ovation.
At that moment my best mate John turned to me and said, "I know we won the game on the board but why do I feel that we didn't?" My old Knox prep teacher Mr David Andersen spoke to me years later at Shore and said it was the classiest thing he had ever seen. "If you win like champions then so you should know how to lose like one" If Shore win this weekend you may see the same as a sign of respect between the two schools.
I was lucky enough to have Mr David Anderson a Cricket coach and also as a Geography teacher during my time at Shore. One of my favourite teachers of all time. A true servant of Shore. He was meant to retire during my final year in 2022 but ended up staying due to his love for the school. I still have conversations with him on the occasions when I return to the school every now and again. Because of him, I was top of my class in Geography at the time. Eternally grateful for what he's done for myself and for the school.

Hippo

Peter Burge (5)
the fact these kids are playing Rugby indicates nothing for the future mate. The majority would be playing League on Saturday & Union on Sunday. At the same age group when my now 19 year old was playing, there was 2 gun teams containing Isaiya Katoa, Paul Alamoti, Jessie McClean, Joash Papalli, Luron Patea who are now all playing at NRL level along with many others from that cohort in the lower grades. Only 2 boys from those teams are still in rugby at the Waratah academy and 1 who is at the Brumbies Academy. The fact that they can play Rugby well at 14/15 doesn't mean they will continue in the game.
Spot on mate. I’ll be stunned if more than 3 or 4 of that 14s side play union as 17 or 18 year olds if they are not already at a rugby playing school. Or of course if they end up at one. Some of them were playing at the recent league champs in the 15s.

PBear

Allen Oxlade (6)
Joeys teams this weekend

1st XV
1.Taggart
2.Ghattas
3.Quinn
4.Seigmeier
5.Greer (c)
6.Dooley
7.Arnautovic
8.Taumoepeau
9.Brown
10.Fowler
11.Sleeman
12.Gough
13.Hart
14.Troy
15.Palmisani

2nd XV
1.Knevitt
2.Larkin (c)
3.Ward
4.Kable
5.Hill
6.Cusack
7.Cant
8.Massey
9.Cornish
10.Fogarty
11.Wilson
12.de Szoeke
13.Bowden
14.Boyd
15.Schmude

Last edited:

Mungo1866

Peter Burge (5)
@Joker when does the Vatican commence it's royal commission to Joeys second round form, noting the honourable George Pell no longer governs the hallowed turf
Some people are missing. If this your third week absent then I delete you. Majority though have been sticking to this and I hope you have enjoyed it. Do not fret if you way hehind. In 2021 I was 20 points the leader and then scored 25 in my last round (margins!) and the other scored 3. I won by 2 along with another member who was behind.

Lets go @propsarespeedy @Chugby Chris @throughthehands @thesolicitor @CheekyHooker @Rugbysurvivor @Mungo1866 @TheMaulester @BoysfromtheBxW @RushingRob @JackJill @OnTheSting @Wavesfooty2 @RobHart and @Lindommer

View attachment 20225
@Joker
riverview +5
newington +2
Shore +7

Professor62

Larry Dwyer (12)
@Joker @The Chairman please help me out here, when was the last time that Joeys won the Rowing and the Rugby premiership’s? Also, Joeys as a non traditional rowing school winning HOTR, and Shore placing second. Whilst Shore as a non traditional rugby school winning the rugby, with Joeys in second!
-Professor

FastNFurious

Alfred Walker (16)
@Joker @The Chairman please help me out here, when was the last time that Joeys won the Rowing and the Rugby premiership’s? Also, Joeys as a non traditional rowing school winning HOTR, and Shore placing second. Whilst Shore as a non traditional rugby school winning the rugby, with Joeys in second!
-Professor
Don’t get ahead of yourself. History is written after the drama has played out.

Joker

Staff member
-Professor
Joeys won rowing and rugby in 1956 plus athletics and runners up in the cricket. Golden year

Status
Not open for further replies.