• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Ghost of Raelene

Steve Williams (59)
Ok, lets end the discussion of 2018 before we see an invasion of ex-Lane Cove students flooding the forum.
Never forget when SIC scored a wonderful try in the corner in 2003 in the last round of the season to win the competition at a packed out HH against Hunters Hill Boys High.

Hoards of Blue & White across the field as far as the eye could see.

Mudgee Mudcrab

Stan Wickham (3)
Round 6 was a general washout with, for example, all games at Joeys below 3rd Grade cancelled - an unprecedented event in Joeys history. All council grounds were closed and, in the absence of any reports of results, the Stats Team had no choice but to consider all games cancelled below 3rd grade. (The alternative would have been to consider all games 0-0 draws, which was deemed a bit silly if all games were off)

There's no point complaining that results aren't recorded if they aren't reported. There's also no point stating Team A beat Team B without the actual score. If the above-mentioned results can be reported with the associated scores, then the Stats Team can readily update the Tables. Over to you MM!
Thank you for clarifying Ace. Was just a little bit confused about the RD 6 points. I have searched the forum and cannot see any scores recorded. So the ladder is correct considering so many washouts.

Last edited:

DropGoal

Larry Dwyer (12)
I absolutely agree moa999:, i think the idea that that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ludicrus, and might i add the wallabies V springbok game is a sell out which proves to all you rugby league fanatics that union is not dead and is indeed just getting started. I've been lucky enough to witness multiple games this season, The game that really stands out is the blacktown scorpions v western raptors game. Whilst watching the physical game i could already see a few players who are going to put the wallabies back on top and put rugby league where it rightfully belongs as the little brother to rugby union. One player that really caught my eye was the blacktown scoprions five eight Payton Tarau (W), i'll say it here right now i've never seen a better talent that this kid, he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced, the kid has a real X factor and is one to watch over the next few years. The idea that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ridiculous if you wanna find some real quality rugby then go watch this kid play i promise he doesn't dissapoint.
How many boys do u think would still play rugby if league was a sport @ gps schools ? Hmmm

Mudgee Mudcrab

Stan Wickham (3)
SHORE Teams for this weekend

1st XV

1. Lyne
2. Warner
3. Harvison
4. Hamilton
5. Baxter
6. Gordon
7. Le Maitre (c)
8. Clout
9. Binnie
10. Bassingthwaighte
11. Francis
12. Conick
13. Kingdom
14. Breakwell
15. Callaghan

2nd XV

1. Mason-Jones
2. Garner
3. Armstrong
4. Galligan
5. Frape
6. Stock
7. Reardon
8. Smith
9. Greig
10. Horwood
11. Longes
12. Segeart (c)
13. Mackellar
14. Stacker
15. Cowan

3rd XV

1. Edwards
2. Cambridge
3. Cowdery
4. Sherington
5. Reardon
6. Lotz
7. Cope
8. Yates
9. Beggs (c)
10. Ritchie
11. Kingal-Paia
12. d'Almeida
13. Joyce
14. Mott
15. Shadforth

any update ?
Here it is @Reecewalshy

eagerrugbygod222

Frank Row (1)
Prediction for the Joeys V Shore game

This weekend has been dawning on the minds of many people as the decider for the AAGPS shield. Whoever wins this game is guaranteed to bring home the chocolates. Joeys 1st Xv had been on a strict chicken and rice diet all week after their loss to Kings. Both teams since the beginning of the season have tattooed a statement into the competition that they are not teams you want to cross paths with. Joeys started the season strong with two back to back wins against a "stacked" Scots team and a hungry Newington team. Joeys soon were met with a unlucky loss to kings in appalling weather but that did not deter them as they won three straight games after the loss. Shore on the other hand has been saying for a few years now that "its our year this year" but it could actually be theres this time around. Joeys were met with a unlucky Red card last game against kings at home, and in my opinion i reckon the games gone soft. The tackle was nothing but a big hit. Joeys will be facing a shore team away this weekend infront of there home crowd however this will not deter the boys as they are looking to bring home the shield for the 58th time.

Joeys by 5

anothernudge

Herbert Moran (7)
Screenshot 2024-08-09 at 12.22.44 pm.png
@Ballscollector

Last edited:

This weekend has been dawning on the minds of many people as the decider for the AAGPS shield. Whoever wins this game is guaranteed to bring home the chocolates. Joeys 1st Xv had been on a strict chicken and rice diet all week after their loss to Kings. Both teams since the beginning of the season have tattooed a statement into the competition that they are not teams you want to cross paths with. Joeys started the season strong with two back to back wins against a "stacked" Scots team and a hungry Newington team. Joeys soon were met with a unlucky loss to kings in appalling weather but that did not deter them as they won three straight games after the loss. Shore on the other hand has been saying for a few years now that "its our year this year" but it could actually be theres this time around. Joeys were met with a unlucky Red card last game against kings at home, and in my opinion i reckon the games gone soft. The tackle was nothing but a big hit. Joeys will be facing a shore team away this weekend infront of there home crowd however this will not deter the boys as they are looking to bring home the shield for the 58th time.

Joeys by 5
Decent prediction, although i don't agree on a couple things here and there. Shore have not been considered contenders until around this season, especially during that rough losing streak in comp games for about 5 years. Joeys seem to have experiencing a rough patch over the past few weeks with a couple important players going down injured, leaving some talented players out of this weeks game. Shore are as close to grasping the shield as they have since 1969. After 55 years of pain I was convinced that the Shore boys had it in them, but after an interesting game last week against an underpowered Newington for most of the game due to cards, shore snuck in an unconvincing win. I believe this game comes down to whoever shows up on the day, whoever's hungrier for a taste of glory and pride for their school. Both schools will carry heavy numbers of supporters coming into this game, making the 16th man that much more important. The Joe boy crowd who constantly turns in week in week out to see the 1's and 2's will be loud and proud as always, while the shore crowd partnered with old boys will be as lively as ever to push there team to victory.
This games going to be a thriller.

Last edited:

Jakeburner65

Frank Row (1)
The investigation of the incident was long and thorough by a select committee led by Mr Mark Ticehurst from Shore. . After viewing multiple videos and speaking with the View players winger (14) and number 2 it was conceded that the View winger was bumped and his reaction to start swinging was an issue. To his credit the View 2 he rescued his mate. I do not condone pitch invasions. The findings were accepted by View and Joeys management who had nothing to do with the investigation. ALL schools condemned the incident and recommended that View should have supplied more than 2 sideline security guards. Instead of doing that they moved the game to suburban ground.

Please remember all schools have been guilty of this at one time or another

# I've said it before, View were robbed in this match

The hosting school needed more security, it was a “bump”, the kid shouldn’t have reacted, lucky his mate helped him out.

Seriously?

What actually happened is that at least one adult member of the general public entered the field of play and assaulted a school kid.

The impact of which is that particular game now has to be hosted at a ground that can provide adequate security, robbing kids of both visiting and home sides the experience of that game in that place.

Perhaps we differ, but for mine one of the all-time lowest moments of GPS rugby. Not exactly a moment to be remembered fondly.

Joker

Staff member
Some people are missing. If this your third week absent then I delete you. Majority though have been sticking to this and I hope you have enjoyed it. Do not fret if you way hehind. In 2021 I was 20 points the leader and then scored 25 in my last round (margins!) and the other scored 3. I won by 2 along with another member who was behind.

Lets go @propsarespeedy @Chugby Chris @throughthehands @thesolicitor @CheekyHooker @Rugbysurvivor @Mungo1866 @TheMaulester @BoysfromtheBxW @RushingRob @JackJill @OnTheSting @Wavesfooty2 @RobHart and @Lindommer

AAGPS RUGBY TIPPING 2024 Round 9.jpg

Joker

Staff member
The hosting school needed more security, it was a “bump”, the kid shouldn’t have reacted, lucky his mate helped him out.

Seriously?

What actually happened is that at least one adult member of the general public entered the field of play and assaulted a school kid.

The impact of which is that particular game now has to be hosted at a ground that can provide adequate security, robbing kids of both visiting and home sides the experience of that game in that place.

Perhaps we differ, but for mine one of the all-time lowest moments of GPS rugby. Not exactly a moment to be remembered fondly.
Noted. You have made your point.

Now move on.

24217_101080583261989_3136148_n.jpg

Chugby Chris

Frank Nicholson (4)
Joeys 1s vs Shore
1 - Taggart
2 - Ghattas
3 - Quinn
4 - Seigmier
5 - Greer
6 - Arnautovic
7 - Dooley
8 - Justice
9 - Brown
10 - Fowler
11 - Sleeman
12 - Gough
13 - Hart
14 - Troy (1st XV Debut)
15 - Palmisani
No Tombs due to suspected concussion

Joeys 2s vs Shore
1 - Knevitt
2 - Larkin
3 - Ward
4 - Green
5 - Hill
6 - Cusack
7 - Cant
8 - Massey
9 - Cornish
10 - Schmude
11 - Wilson
12 - De Szoeke
13 - Bowden
14 - Boyd
15 - _________
16 - Chartres

rugbyfanatic324

Frank Row (1)

Joeys by 5
Couldn't agree more eagerrugbygod222, however the Joeys team lacked the strength in the forwards and struggled to complete more that 4 phases of play. The discipline in the last two games was laking with a yellow against scotts and a red against kings. After joeys went down a man their team fell apart in defence and let the oposition walk over the top of them. Lets just hope the boys over at hunters hill find their tickka tomorrow at 3:15 when over a thousand boys cheer them on.
#gamesgonesoft

rugbyfanatic324 out.

eagerrugbygod222

Frank Row (1)
Joeys 1s vs Shore
1 - Taggart
2 - Ghattas
3 - Quinn
4 - Seigmier
5 - Greer
6 - Arnautovic
7 - Dooley
8 - Justice
9 - Brown
10 - Fowler
11 - Sleeman
12 - Gough
13 - Hart
14 - Troy (1st XV Debut)
15 - Palmisani
No Tombs due to suspected concussion
The injury plagued joeboys has been backed into a corner and with 58 on the line, it is truly a make or break descision. The 15 boys that have been entrusted to step onto the hallow turf of northbridge A are gonna have to be ready. The cheering of thousands in attendance will be deafning and theres no hiding, those 15 boys have got to stay focused on what lies ahead WIN and you go home a champion forever written in the history book's, LOSE and your just another 15 forgetten boys who couldn't get it done. It's simple yet dawnting, some do it some don't, be there saturday 3:15PM at the bridge to witness history

Joker

Staff member
The injury plagued joeboys has been backed into a corner and with 58 on the line, it is truly a make or break descision. The 15 boys that have been entrusted to step onto the hallow turf of northbridge A are gonna have to be ready. The cheering of thousands in attendance will be deafning and theres no hiding, those 15 boys have got to stay focused on what lies ahead WIN and you go home a champion forever written in the history book's, LOSE and your just another 15 forgetten boys who couldn't get it done. It's simple yet dawnting, some do it some don't, be there saturday 3:15PM at the bridge to witness history

Joeys hospital.jpg

Maul of Duty

Ward Prentice (10)
Couldn't agree more eagerrugbygod222, however the Joeys team lacked the strength in the forwards and struggled to complete more that 4 phases of play. The discipline in the last two games was laking with a yellow against scotts and a red against kings. After joeys went down a man their team fell apart in defence and let the oposition walk over the top of them. Lets just hope the boys over at hunters hill find their tickka tomorrow at 3:15 when over a thousand boys cheer them on.
#gamesgonesoft

rugbyfanatic324 out.
If they keep their discipline and have all 15 on the field I think Joeys will have it. Last week Newington definitely looked the better team from the start and Shore only got back into the game when they were playing against 12-13 Newington boys. They were very lucky to have got the win from my game review

Status
Not open for further replies.