• Welcome to the forums of Green & Gold Rugby.
    We have recently made some changes to the amount of discussions boards on the forum.
    Over the coming months we will continue to make more changes to make the forum more user friendly for all to use.
    Thanks, Admin.

NSW AAGPS 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

ItsNotPink

Darby Loudon (17)
3rd XV Round 6 Preview
It's the second last round and there are still a number of teams that can win the premiership, but some outcomes are more likely than others. If Scots and Grammar both win their last two games then they share the Col Windon Shield. But if Shore can beat Scots and Grammar in the last two rounds they will win it on their own. Joeys and Riverview are remote mathematical chances but require a couple of big upsets.

Scots v Shore 11:00am on Scots Main
This is absolutely the match of the round. Scots can stay at the top of the competition table with a win. But Shore are only a point behind and can overtake Scots with a victory here, keeping their premiership hopes alive. The loser is pretty much done for 2024. I think that Scots showed enough in their win at Riverview last week to come into this match as favourites. Shore had an easy win over High but lost their previous match at Kings. Should be a cracking game at Bellevue Hill and I think Scots will prevail, keeping one hand on the 3rd XV premiership shield.
Scots by 7

Grammar v High 12:25 on Weigall 1
Grammar are really looking like premiership material. First they have this match against High which they will likely win easily based on current form, and then they have their final round against Shore that they need to win to claim the premiership. I really like their chances. They have rebounded well from their one loss to Joeys, and they are in excellent form. This match should be a formality. Unfortunatley High suffered a big defeat against Shore and will struggle against this capable Grammar team.
Grammar by a lot.

TAS v Joeys 12:00 on TAS Backfield
Joeys travel to Armidale to take on TAS for their second last game. The Joeys 3rd XV side has really shown excellent form in the latter part of the season. Big wins against Grammar and Kings show that they have what it takes to win this competition. Unfortunaltely early season losses come back to haunt you. I think Joeys will dominate TAS on Backfield. It's a great venue and TAS will have strong home field support, but Joeys will prove too strong in this encounter. Even if they finish the season with two wins in the last two rounds, Joeys are likely to finish one win short of the premiership.
Joeys comfortably.

Kings v Riverview 1:00pm on White Oval
This really is the battle for the middle of the competition table. Kings and Riverview have both had their moments this year. Kings defeated Shore and Riverview have had some very close matches. Unfortunately they are both too far back to figure in premiership calculations. I am backing Riverview in this encounter. Kings had a big loss at Joeys last week and I think Riverview have been a bit unlucky in recent close matches including their 2 point loss to Scots.
Riverview by 5.

Good luck to all teams as we get close to the end of the season.
INP.

The Chairman

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Some seem to be underestimating this occasion for Shore as a school not as a Rugby team…

The last time both Football and Rugby held title deciding matches at Northbridge on the same day was well… Never. Not since 1889.

This is the stuff you can only dream about. I certainly didn’t get to expierience it in my time.

Therefore calling all Joeboys and Shore boys to Northbridge A at 3:15 this Saturday. Enjoy it lads.

Rookie21

Jimmy Flynn (14)
Some seem to be underestimating this occasion for Shore as a school not as a Rugby team…

The last time both Football and Rugby held title deciding matches at Northbridge on the same day was well… Never. Not since 1889.

This is the stuff you can only dream about. I certainly didn’t get to expierience it in my time.

Therefore calling all Joeboys and Shore boys to Northbridge A at 3:15 this Saturday. Enjoy it lads.
Couldn't agree more Chairman. This Saturday is a monumental day for Shore as a school, not just the Rugby team. I am absolutely devastated that I am unable to be there, factoring into consideration that it is also Old Boys Day. Will be cheering my school on from the other side of the world.

Ace Ventura

Ted Fahey (11)
This is incorrect as Rd 6 was played by Newington, Shore, Riverview and Kings in the 16s. Joeys and Scots were the only 2 not to play. Shore beat View, Newington beat Kings and the Joeys vs Scot’s game was considered a draw. So Joeys should be on 13 and Shore on 12
Round 6 was a general washout with, for example, all games at Joeys below 3rd Grade cancelled - an unprecedented event in Joeys history. All council grounds were closed and, in the absence of any reports of results, the Stats Team had no choice but to consider all games cancelled below 3rd grade. (The alternative would have been to consider all games 0-0 draws, which was deemed a bit silly if all games were off)

There's no point complaining that results aren't recorded if they aren't reported. There's also no point stating Team A beat Team B without the actual score. If the above-mentioned results can be reported with the associated scores, then the Stats Team can readily update the Tables. Over to you MM!

Hankspank

Larry Dwyer (12)
I absolutely agree moa999:, i think the idea that that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ludicrus, and might i add the wallabies V springbok game is a sell out which proves to all you rugby league fanatics that union is not dead and is indeed just getting started. I've been lucky enough to witness multiple games this season, The game that really stands out is the blacktown scorpions v western raptors game. Whilst watching the physical game i could already see a few players who are going to put the wallabies back on top and put rugby league where it rightfully belongs as the little brother to rugby union. One player that really caught my eye was the blacktown scoprions five eight Payton Tarau (W), i'll say it here right now i've never seen a better talent that this kid, he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced, the kid has a real X factor and is one to watch over the next few years. The idea that rugby is dying outside of private schools is ridiculous if you wanna find some real quality rugby then go watch this kid play i promise he doesn't dissapoint.
the fact these kids are playing Rugby indicates nothing for the future mate. The majority would be playing League on Saturday & Union on Sunday. At the same age group when my now 19 year old was playing, there was 2 gun teams containing Isaiya Katoa, Paul Alamoti, Jessie McClean, Joash Papalli, Luron Patea who are now all playing at NRL level along with many others from that cohort in the lower grades. Only 2 boys from those teams are still in rugby at the Waratah academy and 1 who is at the Brumbies Academy. The fact that they can play Rugby well at 14/15 doesn't mean they will continue in the game.

ShireFootyAndThat

Frank Row (1)
Mate, I'm sure the kid is talented but I'll disagree with your comment "he is a country mile ahead of any talent that the so called prestigous "GPS" competition has ever produced" Have a look at the Wallabies line up and count How many of those players came through GPS PRODUCTION LINE.
Couldn't agree more, just look at the rich 150 years of the competition.

Joker

Staff member
@Joker when does the Vatican commence it's royal commission to Joeys second round form, noting the honourable George Pell no longer governs the hallowed turf
BREAKING NEWS from Rome, Italy....

1723161168975.jpeg

Joker

Staff member
@Joker will you be attending probably the biggest game of the year this saturday at the bridge?
Regards RR
Hopefully I can. Last Saturday was exhausting for me. There are a number of Shore members here I wish to catch up with in person. I will though be located near the Joeys side of the ground. The Joeys boys are very protective of me. Many know who I am but keep my ID a secret. Looking forward to catching with them again. BTW...If you do see me, please come up and say hello rather than call out. Last week I got to speak with some Kings lads who came up. No Shore boy has yet.

JOEYS RUGBY- We don't back down.jpg

Flat out

Peter Burge (5)
I know we have differing opinions on this match. I certainly saw red after a group of young drunk Joeys old boys rushed the oval and landed some heavy punches on the Riverview 1st XV players, one being the fullback Hamish Cressey who was hit. When the game recommenced quiet a few of the View boys were shaken after the old boy incident.. It was a low point for Joeys old boys in recent history imho.
If you think the Joeys Oldboys started the punch on, then your impaired eyesight pre qualifies you to be a ref in any country town rugby league comp.

Status
Not open for further replies.